Texans at Jets: Saturday Afternoon Fever

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That Jets team/offense sucks. Makes our defensive performance look even worse.

I'm still amazed that our defensive game plan against the Jets was to NOT put pressure on their rookie QB.  In how many games this year can you honestly say that a QB was not touched through an ENTIRE game?  It's one thing for the Texans with Clowney & Watt to depend on their D-line to get pressure it's another one for us. 

I do think that the break helped both Allen & Darnold process information better. 

53 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Not on in Rochester wtf.

45 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Nbc has golf on in Rochester.  Abc has the no name.las Vegas bowl. 

You folks must be more cultured, urbane, and genteel.  More chances for advertisers to sell investments and $80k Audis than ‘dilly dilly’ beer.

Or maybe they saw that guddam outfit your avatar is wearing.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

10 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I’m hoping the Jets win all their remaining games because it may keep their current coaching staff.  It will also drive Joe Benigno absolutely bonkers lol 

literally read my mind! I'd love another year of Bowels and I'm very familiar with Beningo , as im in North Jersey .

Ive actually met him a cpl times, his brother has a very successful  car shop in Garfield, NJ called Beningos Tires ,they're great actually and i get work done there often and met Joe there twice. 

Allen needs to start making the accurate intermediate timing throws that Mayfield and Darnold routinely make. The 40 yard laser is fun to watch but you can’t be completing 50% of your passes in a league where all of the rules help the offense. The passes with touch on them are just not there right now. What Darnold and mayfield look like now is what Allen needs to get to. Before this season ends, a screen pass or a 4 yd crossing route can’t look difficult. 

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

Sam darnold looking good.

I'm looking forward to the rivalry  between him and Allen. 

2 years from now it will be the Jets and Bill's battling it out for the division title in the AFC east.

I can’t wait.  Millennial Pats fans won’t be able to comprehend it.

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

literally read my mind! I'd love another year of Bowels and I'm very familiar with Beningo , as im in North Jersey .

Ive actually met him a cpl times, his brother has a very successful  car shop in Garfield, NJ called Beningos Tires ,they're great actually and i get work done there often and met Joe there twice. 

Chrebet was from there.  Joe makes me laugh with his rants.  He did have those legal issues this year, don’t know enough about him off the air to know what to make of it.

Id imagine he’d have to be happy with Darnold so far tonight though.

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Allen needs to start making the accurate intermediate timing throws that Mayfield and Darnold routinely make. The 40 yard laser is fun to watch but you can’t be completing 50% of your passes in a league where all of the rules help the offense. The passes with touch on them are just not there right now. What Darnold and mayfield look like now is what Allen needs to get to. Before this season ends, a screen pass or a 4 yd crossing route can’t look difficult. 

Then his receivers need to stop dropping them

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Then his receivers need to stop dropping them

I’m not going to just keep hearing this is all

on the WRs. The WRs made plays when Barkley played and the WRs get open. There have been some drops but every qb deals with that. The issue is there is never a pass thrown with touch on it and the balls are late or sprayed wildly around. Allen has been okay but he doesnt look to be anywhere near the passers that Mayfield or Darnold are. The Jets and Browns are not loaded at WR or immune to drops. The balls need to be thrown better. No need for excuses.

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Allen needs to start making the accurate intermediate timing throws that Mayfield and Darnold routinely make. 

I honestly don't see Allen's pass accuracy improving.

Moreover, Jets coach Todd Bowles is gone.  I bet the Jets bring in a coach who will develop QB Sam Darnold and the Jets offense.

<_<

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not going to just keep hearing this is all

on the WRs. The WRs made plays when Barkley played and the WRs get open. There have been some drops but every qb deals with that. The issue is there is never a pass thrown with touch on it and the balls are late or sprayed wildly around. Allen has been okay but he doesnt look to be anywhere near the passers that Mayfield or Darnold are. The Jets and Browns are not loaded at WR or immune to drops. The balls need to be thrown better. No need for excuses.

The....receivers....are....dropping balls....that....hit....them....right.....in....the....HANDS

This is not disputable...period

Why a dead ball in the end zone before?  I remember the Jets got a TD like that last game of 2016.  

Now another stupid holding call against the Jets to keep this drive alive.  

Seems like the refs want the Texans to win 

Edited by Another Fan

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

The....receivers....are....dropping balls....that....hit....them....right.....in....the....HANDS

This is not disputable...period

Balls are being thrown wildly all game long. That is not disputable. Allen has made some good throws. Some good passes have been dropped. Way more easy throws have been missed though. It just has to get better. It’s year 1. It’s okay. No need to get defensive. 2 rookie QBs seen to be superior passers right now but it’s not a career sentence.

Just now, Another Fan said:

Why a dead ball in the end zone before?  I remember the Jets got a TD like that last game of 2016.  

Now another stupid holding call against the Jets to keep this drive alive.  

Seems like the refs want the Texans to win 

I've come to the conclusion the NFL wants as many scores as possible in the late stages of any close game.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Chrebet was from there.  Joe makes me laugh with his rants.  He did have those legal issues this year, don’t know enough about him off the air to know what to make of it.

Id imagine he’d have to be happy with Darnold so far tonight though.

yup. cherbet and also Miles Austin, former Cowboys WR are from Garfield,  i live the next town over