Texans at Jets: Saturday Afternoon Fever

YoloinOhio

Why did I find myself cheering the Jets on? I'm not supposed to pull for divisional rivals. It's a thing I find fascinating about sports. I turned this game on having no rooting interest whatsoever, plus I really like Deshaun Watson, Hopkins, etc. Whatever. I think I'm hoping all the rookie QBs play well. Enjoying this changing of the guard. I'll be rooting for Baker Mayfield in a few minutes here even though I live in Colorado and the Broncos are kind of my team to root for when the Bills get eliminated ... Now let's just get rid of Brady and Rodgers (Brees? He can stay a few more years) and bring on the young guns.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No doubt!

Fan of both teams, and I have to say that it is a close call. Both certainly bottom 4. Texans need even just a mediocre offensive line and one good cornerback and they should be one of the top elite teams possibly next season

Edited by mimisnowball

2 minutes ago, mimisnowball said:

Fan of both teams, and I have to say that it is a close call. Both certainly bottom 4. Texans need even just a mediocre offensive line and one good cornerback and they should be one of the top elite teams possibly next season

Agree both bottom 4.

The worst 3 offensive lines in football right now are very clearly Houston, Buffalo and Arizona. After thar there is a cluster - Oakland, Giants, Vikings, Bengals who all have 1 or good players trying to carry the load for the whole line. The two tackles the Raiders keep putting on the field week after week might be the worst pair of starting offensive tackles I have ever seen watching the NFL. 

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Why did I find myself cheering the Jets on? I'm not supposed to pull for divisional rivals. It's a thing I find fascinating about sports. I turned this game on having no rooting interest whatsoever, plus I really like Deshaun Watson, Hopkins, etc. Whatever. I think I'm hoping all the rookie QBs play well. Enjoying this changing of the guard. I'll be rooting for Baker Mayfield in a few minutes here even though I live in Colorado and the Broncos are kind of my team to root for when the Bills get eliminated ... Now let's just get rid of Brady and Rodgers (Brees? He can stay a few more years) and bring on the young guns.

I was rooting for the Jets to lose draft position and somehow keep Bowles.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree both bottom 4.

The worst 3 offensive lines in football right now are very clearly Houston, Buffalo and Arizona. After thar there is a cluster - Oakland, Giants, Vikings, Bengals who all have 1 or good players trying to carry the load for the whole line. The two tackles the Raiders keep putting on the field week after week might be the worst pair of starting offensive tackles I have ever seen watching the NFL. 

1. Cards. Somehow even worse than the Bills, and I don't think it's that close.

2. Bills.

3. Raiders.

4. Vikings.

5. Texans (maybe?)

Giants seem to be getting better. Not only is Barkley making things happen; Eli also seems to have a bit of time to go through his progressions now.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

1. Cards. Somehow even worse than the Bills, and I don't think it's that close.

2. Bills.

3. Raiders.

4. Vikings.

5. Texans (maybe?)

Giants seem to be getting better. Not only is Barkley making things happen; Eli also seems to have a bit of time to go through his progressions now.

If you think Texans are only the 5th worst you should watch more of them. Seriously. The all22 is brutal. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bowles left his flag at home. He ahould have challenged the 3rd and 1 that the Jets RB clearly made as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

If you think Texans are only the 5th worst you should watch more of them. Seriously. The all22 is brutal. 

It's a horrendous offensive line for sure, but there seems to be a strange seemingly contradictory thing that comes with mobile QB's. While they're able to buy time, they're also moving around and not getting the ball out as quick as pure pocket passers. I think Watson makes his line look better and worse somehow.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

It's a horrendous offensive line for sure, but there seems to be a strange seemingly contradictory thing that comes with mobile QB's. While they're able to buy time, they're also moving around and not getting the ball out as quick as pure pocket passers. I think Watson makes his line look better and worse somehow.

Yes, they do have Watson and Hopkins, and that helps. But don't forget run blocking. Lamar Miller: 4.8 yards/carry (a 90 yarder will help with that). LeSean McCoy: 3.3

9 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

There is something in the fact that he will hold it and try and make a play, definitely, but when you watch the all22 of their line there are 3 and 4 guys losing their 1 on 1s almost every snap. 

A bit like Buffalo there is one guy I would say on that line you can comfortably pencil in as a starter next year. For them it is Mancz for us it is Dawkins. And neither of them are top players, they are just solid NFL starter level. 

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yes, they do have Watson and Hopkins, and that helps. But don't forget run blocking. Lamar Miller: 4.8 yards/carry (a 90 yarder will help with that). LeSean McCoy: 3.3

Oh I think Houston's overall offense is better, no doubt. They have more talent. The offensive line is worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I was torn between that and rooting for the Bills draft slot improvement.

Yeah, understandable. I always consider that if you aren’t drafting a QB, a slot or two of draft position at the top of the order won’t matter too much. I’m more worried about those doing the drafting. It makes it a bit easier than worrying about draft order. However, I always have concern about the playoff slotting as I just despise New England. Here’s a question: what is your thought on the LA Chargers and their stadium atmosphere/ attendance? I’m almost thinking I should pull for the Chargers to get the #1 seed rather than KC. Trouble is, I think a game @ LAC might be a sort of road “ home game” for NE with Pats fans buying all the seats. JetBlue flights to LAX are pretty cheap. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 hour ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

What a rotation! Those dudes were relentless!

Jets D were impressive as well, monster pressure on Watson...

our D did better! lol

we were really impressive that game, on the road too. Wonder what happens if Allen didn't get hurt 

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

our D did better! lol

we were really impressive that game, on the road too. Wonder what happens if Allen didn't get hurt 

So true. Allen is a beast.

The ONLY QB i wish we could have taken is Mayfield.  He would have fit in soooo perfectly here. 

But i am ok with Josh. He will be ok with a stronger supporting cast...