Taron Johnson in hospital?

Codyny13

4 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Does anyone have info on Taron Johnson bring in the hospital? His IG story shows him in a gown and in a bed. Is he having the shoulder surgery now? Or is it something routine? I haven’t seen Anything from the Bills yet.

I think he’s being shut down for the rest of the year. They brought up Denzel Rice from the PS. He needed the surgery eventually. Might as well get it as soon as eliminated. He was holding on to his shoulder again during the game on Sunday. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Does anyone have info on Taron Johnson bring in the hospital? His IG story shows him in a gown and in a bed. Is he having the shoulder surgery now? Or is it something routine? I haven’t seen Anything from the Bills yet.

We'll find out at 11:20 this morning from McDermott if there's anything to this. 

really big bummer...but honestly, we know what we have in him, and thats a DAMN GOOD CB, shut him down now and get the problem fixed (he has been playing hurt all year) so hes ready to go all offseason and next year. no lingering issues if you get it done now. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

really big bummer...but honestly, we know what we have in him, and thats a DAMN GOOD CB, shut him down now and get the problem fixed (he has been playing hurt all year) so hes ready to go all offseason and next year. no lingering issues if you get it done now. 

The shoulder has popped out of socket in games and they knew he needed surgery in the offseason.  Maybe they are getting a head start on things by ending his season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Assume part of the process is scrapping everything once playoffs are out and immediately start focusing on next season with the roster, player development game planning.. everything. 

Winning is second priority to that. 

Yes. Part of the process is shutting down injured players after the playoffs are out and letting them get needed medical procedures so they are ready for next year. 

• Like (+1) 3

That’s too bad he gone for the rest ofnthe

season but this is a good idea. Get him 100% healthy for the start of next year. He is going to

be a star and pro bowler in the league very soon. 

Taron is is one of the toughest guys on this Defense.

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Our for season sadly it seems the way McD spoke during the presser.  

The good news us we have seen enough from him to know the kid can play. He has been our best rookie without doubt. 

Get it done now, heal up and be ready for camp. He is going to be a big part of the 2019 season. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The good news us we have seen enough from him to know the kid can play. He has been our best rookie without doubt. 

Get it done now, heal up and be ready for camp. He is going to be a big part of the 2019 season. 

While I agree with you on Taron and his future, I wouldn’t call him “our best” rookie this year.  Maybe most consistent in his role, but I feel like you said to specifically take another subtle shot at Allen who you have been slow and reluctant to warm to.  

Allen the last two games is another player.  He had a great game vs Vikes, but even that’s was nothing like the last two games.  Taron hasn’t had a game with that level of impact.  Allen is by far the most impressive rookie so far, and Edmunds has contributed more too.  Although Edmunds plays more snaps, so he’s gotten more opportunities.

Don’t get me wrong, I love what I have seen from Taron in his role, but even after a strong showing this season from the kid there seems to be a need to draft another starting corner to start so Taron can remain as the Nickel.   

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

While I agree with you on Taron and his future, I wouldn’t call him “our best” rookie this year.  Maybe most consistent in his role, but I feel like you said to specifically take another subtle shot at Allen who you have been slow and reluctant to warm to.  

Allen the last two games is another player.  He had a great game vs Vikes, but even that’s was nothing like the last two games.  Taron hasn’t had a game with that level of impact.  Allen is by far the most impressive rookie so far, and Edmunds has contributed more too.  Although Edmunds plays more snaps, so he’s gotten more opportunities.

Don’t get me wrong, I love what I have seen from Taron in his role, but even after a strong showing this season from the kid there seems to be a need to draft another starting corner to start so Taron can remain as the Nickel.   

I agree nickel is a less important position than Quarterback and MLB but Taron has outperfomed Josh and massively outperformed Edmunds. Edmunds had a decent game this week after the 1st Quarter when he got picked on a bit but he is still very, very raw. 

EDIT: put it this way... Taron has been the best performing rookie but not necessarily the most impressive. 

Edited by GunnerBill

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

3-6 months for labrum surgery but he will need to build the strength back up 

If the injury was aggravated during the Dolphins game, it's a blessing in disguise.

This appears to be something imminent, and the timing works out perfectly for TJ to be ready for camp in 19.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc said:

They should shut down Trent Murphy as well.

No worries.  That will solve itself ?

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The shoulder has popped out of socket in games and they knew he needed surgery in the offseason.  Maybe they are getting a head start on things by ending his season. 

Randomnly got to tune into gr at lunchtime. Murph tasker and actually Thurman was on too. 

Sounds like his shoulder was repeatedly doing this and he kept having to come off the field to pop it back in on the sidelines.  

To add, sounds like they feel surgery now gets him back for a substantial portion of next seasons camp and season prep. So worthwhile trade off.

tasker went on to say he’s got tons of rookie snaps out of the way, they know what they have in

him, coverage plus run support are big positives and thus a good time to go get it fixed. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

No worries.  That will solve itself ?

Randomnly got to tune into gr at lunchtime. Murph tasker and actually Thurman was on too. 

Sounds like his shoulder was repeatedly doing this and he kept having to come off the field to pop it back in on the sidelines.  

To add, sounds like they feel surgery now gets him back for a substantial portion of next seasons camp and season prep. So worthwhile trade off.

tasker went on to say he’s got tons of rookie snaps out of the way, they know what they have in

him, coverage plus run support are big positives and thus a good time to go get it fixed. 

Seems like a prudent course of action given where the team is and his level of play all season long. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree nickel is a less important position than Quarterback and MLB but Taron has outperfomed Josh and massively outperformed Edmunds. Edmunds had a decent game this week after the 1st Quarter when he got picked on a bit but he is still very, very raw. 

EDIT: put it this way... Taron has been the best performing rookie but not necessarily the most impressive. 

Both Josh and Edmunds are playing positions that are more difficult for a rookie to play than the slot corner position. It's like comparing someone trying to learn Chinese compared to someone trying to learn how to stack fruit at the grocery store. Of course the fruit stacker is going to be more accomplished at his job than the person trying to be a linguist. 

Just because Allen has outmatched your draft ranking with his performance that shouldn't be a reason for you to so begrudgingly and reluctantly acknowledge how he has performed. And it was to be expected that the 20 yr old Edmunds  was going to play inconsistently in his rookie year.  Overall, despite his inconsistency he has demonstrated that he is going to be a superb and instrumental player for us in the not too distant future. .