Bills have released Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Final straw?

Maybe the fact that we're now basically eliminated from playoff contention, so now it's about getting the younger guys their playing time to evaluate who'll be around next year. I think if we win in Miami, he's still here.

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No. May not have gotten one regardless because it depends on the type of contract he would have signed in FA, and whether or not we had a net loss of FAs

Bills acquired Benjamin in a trade, not via free agency. Does  that mean they would NOT have gotten a comp pick for him?

Edited by Pablocruise

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That pass into the end zone where he alligator armed what should have been a TD for Allen this past week just sealed it for me......

I am trying to remember a player who cared less about being competative and then complained that others where telling him he sucked as a bill in a long long time.......we have had Players that tried hard and just were not good enough....but never a player who had as much physical talent/past performance as KB on our team.........

I would rather play a street free agent them him....as it is I think Deonte Thompson/Ray Ray get those reps which is fine with me

Where were you for Mario Williams last season as a Bill and then the next season with the Dolphins?

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m sure this is nothing more than the Bills wanted to activate a couple PS players to keep their rights heading into the off season.

I wouldmimagine a couple more cuts will happen before the season ends for that same reason.

And, yeah, Benjamin wasn’t good. Should have been done a lot sooner.

Well at least KB got what he wanted.

If the guy had tried half as hard at trying as he did at not trying he would have been good.

It's kind of crazy that Beane/McD didn't foresee issues - they should have known him better than anyone.  Maybe they knew of some stuff but thought they could get him to play, change of scenery etc.  Don't think anyone could have foreseen the total checkout that occurred though - I've never seen anything like it.  Just crazy

Just now, Foxx said:

how do you figure? it is addition by subtraction.

I understand addition by substraction, but that's really not going to be the case here. We are adding Ray Ray McCloud and losing Benjamin. We now have no one the defense even considers a threat. I hated KB and his ***** attitude, and if I thought for one second that he was bringing the team down with it, I would agree it's addition by subtraction. But it clearly hasn't. These guys all work their ass off but him. But 31 GMs in the league would still rather have Kelvin Benjamin and all his baggage versus Ray Ray McCloud and all his first names.

We have no size, no experience, no one the defense has to be concerned about and our best WR was the worst WR in the whole league last year. He's getting better but he dropped a pass early in the game that was a first down, ran the wrong route in the endzone on a sure TD, and dropped a perfect pass on the five yard line that would have all but won the game in the last minute.

Just now, Pablocruise said:

Bills acquired Benjamin in a trade, not via free agency. Does  that mean they would NOT have gotten a comp pick for him?

No, trade has nothing to do with it. He was set to become a UFA in the offseason and if he signed elsewhere that would factor into the comp pick formula for the Bills. The odds of it resulting in a pick though are low because the Bills are expected to be a player in FA so likely won’t experience a net loss, and he’s not expected to get a large contract which makes a difference. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I love this regime.  KB trade didn’t work out, but I also don’t blame them for trying to make a move last year during a playoff run.  But they can see the lack of effort on the field and made the choice to do what’s best for the team and growth of our young players rather than just have him lingering around.

Good riddance!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree with you, my question is just, they put up with his lazy lardass routes and no-effort blocking all season, what made the Miami game different?

Don't know if anyone answered this since I'm still reading the thread, but I think with them being out of the playoffs would tip it. Just like there is some suprise here, there is probably some in the locker room too. Plus with the younger guys getting playing time and earning more there is less of a leap of faith to absorb KB's reps.

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I understand addition by substraction, but that's really not going to be the case here. We are adding Ray Ray McCloud and losing Benjamin. We now have no one the defense even considers a threat. I hated KB and his ***** attitude, and if I thought for one second that he was bringing the team down with it, I would agree it's addition by subtraction. But it clearly hasn't. These guys all work their ass off but him. But 31 GMs in the league would still rather have Kelvin Benjamin and all his baggage versus Ray Ray McCloud and all his first names.

We have no size, no experience, no one the defense has to be concerned about and our best WR was the worst WR in the whole league last year. He's getting better but he dropped a pass early in the game that was a first down, ran the wrong route in the endzone on a sure TD, and dropped a perfect pass on the five yard line that would have all but won the game in the last minute.

We'll see shortly, but I doubt a valuable roster spot will be spent on this guy beyond a prove it type deal during the offseason to come into camp somewhere as a warm body, and likely be his last shot in the league at this rate.  

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

What difference does it make if he isn't willing to put forth the effort anymore?  Mario Williams was a lot better than whoever the Bills had when they cut him as well...

Edited by matter2003

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

nah. his ***** attitude wasn't bringing the team down but his ***** play was. the guy doesn't know where to line up (this was still evident during the Miami game (12 games into the season)), still doesn't know which route he should be running and gives less than 10% effort. i'll bet his teammates were about fed  with his *****. time to move on and give a kid a chance to learn the game. 

we have speed that will make certain concerns necessary. that and, I think Allen with his skill set creates a list of concerns for the defenses.

***** KB.

Edited by Foxx