Adrian Peterson--How is this POS still in the NFL today?

Mr. WEO

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/21/adrian-peterson-admits-he-still-hits-his-son-with-a-belt/

He has now admitted he has violated the terms of his reinstatement---leaving aside, if you can, the fact that he still beats his son.

He is no man.

Will we here from the owners about this or are they still worried about the National Anthem?

This is the worst human in the NFL right now.  He needs sock full of doorknobs therapy.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/21/adrian-peterson-admits-he-still-hits-his-son-with-a-belt/

He has now admitted he has violated the terms of his reinstatement---leaving aside, if you can, the fact that he still beats his son.

He is no man.

Will we here from the owners about this or are they still worried about the National Anthem?

This is the worst human in the NFL right now.  He needs sock full of doorknobs therapy.

I am not defending him in any way, shape or form, but I find that last statement contradictory to your outrage.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 4

Ok here’s the problem I have, and it’s not Adrian Peterson I have the problem with. The problem I have is the people complaining about spanking a child. Ok, I got spanked with a belt, switch, toy race car track, just about whatever. Now the extent of what Peterson’s tactics were the first time was way too much. But as far as using a belt? I have zero issues with it. 

Because it seems to me that not using a belt today is part of the problem: Growing up, I never saw or even heard of kids killing other kids and teachers in school, how many times has that happened recently? There’s what’s called right to parent in the law itself. I don’t in any way advocate child abuse, using a belt is not the same. 

But back to Peterson, I don’t have any issues with him using a belt for corporal punishment, but the line is drawn there.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 8

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Are you serious??

He beat his own 4 year old son's ***** bloody with a stick.. now he's beating him with a belt.

I'm not defending Peterson, I'm just saying Mixon is up there imo as well. 

4 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Ok here’s the problem I have, and it’s not Adrian Peterson I have the problem with. The problem I have is the people complaining about spanking a child. Ok, I got spanked with a belt, switch, toy race car track, just about whatever. Now the extent of what Peterson’s tactics were the first time was way too much. But as far as using a belt? I have zero issues with it. 

Because it seems to me that not using a belt today is part of the problem: Growing up, I never saw or even heard of kids killing other kids and teachers in school, how many times has that happened recently? There’s what’s called right to parent in the law itself. I don’t in any way advocate child abuse, using a belt is not the same. 

But back to Peterson, I don’t have any issues with him using a belt for corporal punishment, but the line is drawn there.

Me too my friend. Me too. My friends mom used to hit him with shoes and punch him in his chest/arms. I'm not advocating beating your child bloody, but that "timeout" bs doesn't work. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He is no man.

Not even close. Tyreek Hill is infinitely worse. 

AP is not acting criminally in any way, especially in his home state of Texas.

Aping Florio’s social justice act is a bad look. 

Edited by BringBackOrton

9 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Not even close. Tyreek Hill is infinitely worse. 

AP is not acting criminally in any way, especially in his home state of Texas.

Aping Florio’s social justice act is a bad look. 

Agreed. AP crossed the line last time, but the simple admission of using a belt is in no way a problem. 

Considering how far out of bounds he was in the last case- I am a little surprised that so many people are down to assume the the dude is acting reasonably and with restraint when hitting his kid that he previously abused

i would get a “let’s wait and see” from some but not full throated support 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Considering how far out of bounds he was in the last case- I am a little surprised that so many people are down to assume the the dude is acting reasonably and with restraint when hitting his kid that he previously abused

i would get a “let’s wait and see” from some but not full throated support 

Depends on if you believe he acted out of malice or not.  Intent matters.

54 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I am not defending him in any way, shape or form, but I find that last statement contradictory to your outrage.

53 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

49 minutes ago, H2o said:

Me too my friend. Me too. My friends mom used to hit him with shoes and punch him in his chest/arms. I'm not advocating beating your child bloody, but that "timeout" bs doesn't work. 

24 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Agreed. AP crossed the line last time, but the simple admission of using a belt is in no way a problem. 

15 minutes ago, Phils n Bills said:

I took a few belts and switches. I deserved it every time. If he is doing it to his kid without his kid doing anything wrong, then that’s abuse. But if his kid is acting out, that’ll learn him. 

He beat a 4 year old bloody.  There is  nothing such a young child could to his father at that age to elicit that kind of punishment.  And the fact that he continues to do it means he's still a POS.

Nixon sucker punched an adult who for, he felt, was mouthing off to him..  A horrible act, but orders of magnitude to beating an innocent child---his own child!

I was smacked on occasion and rarely got the belt--45 years ago, when that's how dads managed their boys sometimes.  But I was able to raise 2 boys without ever laying a hand on them or even threatening to.  If you can't do that with your kids, I don't know how to help any of you.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 9

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He beat a 4 year old bloody.  There is  nothing such a young child could to his father at that age to elicit that kind of punishment.  And the fact that he continues to do it means he's still a POS.

Nixon sucker punched an adult who for, he felt, was mouthing off to him..  A horrible act, but orders of magnitude to beating an innocent child---his own child!

I was smacked on occasion and rarely got the belt--45 years ago, when that's how dads managed their boys sometimes.  But I was able to raise 2 boys without ever laying a hand on them or even threatening to.  If you can't do that with your kids, I don't know how to help any of you.

There is no evidence he "continues to beat his 4 year old bloody."

You're making Florio look level-headed here buddy.  "All parents who have had to spank their children are bad parents," is a deranged take.  You clearly haven't seen enough troubled kids. You're blessed, but not everyone is.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

You're making Florio look level-headed here buddy.  "All parents who have had to spank their children are bad parents," is a deranged take.  You clearly haven't seen enough troubled kids. You're blessed, but not everyone is.

Yes, where's the evidence?  The saints are in a different city.

58 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The inclusion of "blonde" in the Mixon incident is a bit suspect. Not quite sure of the relevance.

Me neither.....woman would have been sufficient. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Are you serious??

He beat his own 4 year old son's ***** bloody with a stick.. now he's beating him with a belt.

What's your preferred method of disciplining your child(ren)?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

The evidence that he still beats his kid...is his own admission that he still does.  It's a clear violation of his reinstatement.

9 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Yes, where's the evidence?  The saints are in a different city.

See above.

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Me neither.....woman would have been sufficient. 

What's your preferred method of disciplining your child(ren)?

I have been able to coerce them into better behavior by denying them the things that they enjoy from time to time (when they were young).    Now, as teens, i try to treat them as young adults when I can.  Take away things when I need to.

Let me ask the corporal punishers above----at what age were our children when you began to hit them with the belt or the stick?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Me too my friend. Me too. My friends mom used to hit him with shoes and punch him in his chest/arms. I'm not advocating beating your child bloody, but that "timeout" bs doesn't work

Eh, I don't think spanking works either. I have two young kids and we have tried spanking and we have tried time outs. Both seem to just antagonize them and make them afraid / angry at us. They don't really learn a lesson.

The thing that works best for us is removing the kid from the situation and sitting down with them and talking with them (kind of like what we do when we have conflicts with adults).

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

He is no man.

My only issue with your statement is you are calling him horrible for what might be a quick swat on the butt. I understand 25 years ago there were more problems with children being disciplined too much but now i see more issues with parents not disciplining.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Eh, I don't think spanking works either. I have two young kids and we have tried spanking and we have tried time outs. Both seem to just antagonize them and make them afraid / angry at us. They don't really learn a lesson.

The thing that works best for us is removing the kid from the situation and sitting down with them and talking with them (kind of like what we do when we have conflicts with adults).

First off you sound like a good parent- you determined what works based on your individual kids. I will assure you though the few times i got spanked as a kid made an impact on me.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

My only issue with your statement is you are calling him horrible for what might be a quick swat on the butt. I understand 25 years ago there were more problems with children being disciplined too much but now i see more issues with parents not disciplining.

Let me help you:

“Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Me too wrt how i raise my boys. At least so far, still some time to go...lol,....but that will never happen in my house. Not sure why you presumed otherwise based on my response to you.

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Me too wrt how i raise my boys. At least so far, still some time to go...lol,....but that will never happen in my house. Not sure why you presumed otherwise based on my response to you.

I wasn't including you.

But as to your point?  Yeah, I would have no problem with a full grown man who serially abuses his kid physically getting beaten himself to within an inch of his life.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I wasn't including you.

But as to your point?  Yeah, I would have no problem with a full grown man who serially abuses his kid physically getting beaten himself to within an inch of his life.

Me neither,  but maybe our definition of abuse differ. 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Read the quote above from the first time he was caught.

Then tell me what your definition of abuse is.

child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face - abuse

hit by a belt - not abuse if it's one and done across the ass.

put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch - abuse

has a whooping room - weird 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I wasn't including you.

#1...you did quote me in your response...no worries if it was unintended, seemed odd to me.

#2...that's fine, I get it,  I still find it contradictory but I get that it's not by any stretch a 1 for 1 comparison.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Me neither,  but maybe our definition of abuse differ. 

Such as:

The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and *****, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands. Peterson then texted the boy’s mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.”

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh” and also acknowledged the injury to the child’s ***** in a text message, saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”

given this account - feeling super confident about the dude picking up a belt?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face - abuse

hit by a belt - not abuse if it's one and done across the ass.

put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch - abuse

has a whooping room - weird 

It's not difficult to conclude that he is a child abuser.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Disciplining your child with the belt isn’t a big deal.

I saw my father do it on my sister, and my wife reports it was part of her father’s repertoire. All  turned out great. Spoiling kids is a worse offense as a parent IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Such as:

The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and *****, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands. Peterson then texted the boy’s mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.”

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh” and also acknowledged the injury to the child’s ***** in a text message, saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”

given this account - feeling super confident about the dude picking up a belt?

I'm still waiting to hear from those who are ok with AP's past and present behavior as to what age they started to punish their kids in this way.