Charles Clay - back in 2019?

YoloinOhio

On 11/21/2018 at 5:04 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

What a completely, lazy worthless post.  He was our leading receiver.  I guess Woods sucked too.  Or maybe the Bills have had crappy qbs who couldn’t get the ball to our receivers.

clay is a good and versatile TE who was handcuffed by crappy throwing qbs and injuries.  He is gone and will probably sign with a good Team and be a really solid TE #2.

Dude, Clay is always nursing some sort of injury. 550 yds and a few TD's is not a top tier TE. Sorry to burst your bubble.  Is Clay a top 5 TE if he was on the Saints, Rams, Chiefs or Pats.  I say no. He is in the 12-18 range even with a top QB. Is Clay your #1 or #2 TE on your fantasy team. . If so, your last place team full of worthless Bills is ready for the Sacko Trophy.  

On to R. Woods. He did not suck. I like him. He should be a 1000 yd 8 TD solid #2. Yes the Bills have crappy QB's. No one can argue that fact. But Clay love, KB love, Peterman love is only going to break your heart.

On 11/20/2018 at 10:31 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Croom is athletic but he can't catch, run routes or block and he has ball security issues. I would rather start fresh with a draft pick and FA. 

Keep in mind that Croom is Terry's future son-in-law so it's likely he's here to stay.

On 11/22/2018 at 10:56 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because our qbs suck.  Wild prediction.  Clay would be good if he didn’t play with the worst qbs in the nfl.

A good QB would not stop Clay from getting hurt on routine tackles.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:47 PM, CaptnCoke11 said:

They will let him go.  I have no doubts about it.  

I like Clay but IMO he’s salary never justified his production on the field , I understand that we had a lot of issues at the QB position and I don’t put all the blame on him , but the injuries have always been a concern going back to his days in Miami , at the same time I think Allen can use every weapon at ( WR ) 

Who knows maybe will open up the playbook even a little bit more this week , and have him more involved in a game plan with a little more speed on the outside he should finally be able to find some room in the middle !! 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

He is still the best blocking TE on the team and sadly as good a receiving threat as any of the others.

Keep Croom, sign FA, and draft another. Cut all the rest.

Yeah I don't think he's all that bad. I don't expect him to make that catch anyway but.  For his pay we should.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:40 PM, berg1029 said:

cutting o'leary was a big mistake, imo.  he was sure handed and reliable

yep--I thought that from the start. the guy isn't flashy but he never drops the ball. allen needs that typa guy

On 11/20/2018 at 6:53 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

His contract was so front loaded that he isn't making much next year. And I believe the dead cap and cap hit are the same. So it makes sense to just keep him. I like Maxx Williams and Jack Doyle in free agency. Tyler Krof and Jesse James are interesting as well. 

The 2019 dead cap hit of 4.5 mil is half of his 9 million 2019 cap hit so cutting him saves 4.5 million in cap space. Not close to being the same, a 9 million cap hit for his pathetic production is just absurd. Never really understood the big lengthy contract in the first place.

8 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

The 2019 dead cap hit of 4.5 mil is half of his 9 million 2019 cap hit so cutting him saves 4.5 million in cap space. Not close to being the same, a 9 million cap hit for his pathetic production is just absurd. Never really understood the big lengthy contract in the first place.

Whaley

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 12/2/2018 at 4:26 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Back in ‘19? He shouldn’t be back TOMORROW!

...ranks are pretty thin with Croom dinged, Logan being Logan, and Towbridge the only TE on PS.........but 2019 is a different story.................

Potential Out: 2019, 4 yr, $33,500,000; $4,500,000 dead cap