Holdouts

Hit Man #47

16 minutes ago, "Hit Man" # 46 said:

If a team wins the superbowl- does a year long holdout get a ring??  

14 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I doubt it. No contract signed = not on the team as far as I can tell.

If the OP is referring to Bell, he was never a member of the 2018 Steelers as he never signed his franchise tag. No ring.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Wouldnt bet against them, Vegas has them 8-1 to win it, that is the 5th highest, the Bills  are a mere 10,000 to 1.

The Steelers were my guess before the season. Unfortunately, I had the Packers on the other side, and that’s not looking great. 

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Probably not, not with KC and NE in the mix, but the Steelers are playing very well lately, so you never know.

I don't think they can win the Super Bowl with even Chargers or the Texans in the mix.

I am not trying to denigrate your response, UJ, I just really think that although they are winning often, like the Patriots, they are going on fumes.  I think they are very beatable when push comes to shove time.

Case in point last year, J'Ville had no business doing what they did to them in the post season, in Pittsburgh. 

10 hours ago, "Hit Man" # 46 said:

If a team wins the superbowl- does a year long holdout get a ring??  

I would mail him a cubic zirconia in aluminum setting replica...…….lol

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

He didn't hold out, he wasn't under contract.

semantics maybe, but a very good point nonetheless. 

10 hours ago, Utah John said:

Probably not, not with KC and NE in the mix, but the Steelers are playing very well lately, so you never know.

Especially their OL and DL . The trenches become even more crucial in Dec/Jan and Pitt probably has the best OL in the game and a very very good DL. They definitely are legit contenders imo.

NE is very beatable and KC just seems to collapse in the post season under Reid. 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sure he did.  They offered the tag deal but he held out for a long term deal that didn’t happen 

So....he wasn’t under contract. Right? Holding out under contract is different from not agreeing to a tag deal, as I understand it. He never signed the deal, so he wasn’t holding out. Right? He just wasn’t on the team, and since I pointed it out first I get his ring! 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

So....he wasn’t under contract. Right? Holding out under contract is different from not agreeing to a tag deal, as I understand it. He never signed the deal, so he wasn’t holding out. Right? He just wasn’t on the team, and since I pointed it out first I get his ring! 

I agree no ring but one can ‘hold out’ for a better deal. I didn’t understand why holding out has to only apply if under contract. 

I believe you can hold out under contract or hold out for a better contract. 

You said he he wasn’t holding out.... that’s all 

18 hours ago, row_33 said:

Each sport seems to have its own code.

Baseball players are notoriously buttwipes when they give out bonuses and awards to non-players.

I believe they are notorious buttwipes. That's totally feasible! But what's buttwipey about giving bonuses and awards to your janitors and team staff and such? Or are they just getting an excuse to just hand out money indiscriminately to anybody?

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Even Putin...

Image result for putin superbowl ring

.. hehe of course.. good hustle.

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I agree no ring but one can ‘hold out’ for a better deal. I didn’t understand why holding out has to only apply if under contract. 

I believe you can hold out under contract or hold out for a better contract. 

You said he he wasn’t holding out.... that’s all 

I guess the distinction is are you under contract? Either way, I say if you never bother to show up.....no ring for you! That’s just me. But I suppose there may be instances where a team might make an exception, if only to unruffle feathers to smooth out the path going forward. A goodwill gesture , if you will. 

2 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I believe they are notorious buttwipes. That's totally feasible! But what's buttwipey about giving bonuses and awards to your janitors and team staff and such? Or are they just getting an excuse to just hand out money indiscriminately to anybody?

.. hehe of course.. good hustle.

The Red Sox have often cut out the Fenway grounds crew for bonus money from the playoffs, keeping it for the players themselves.

A totally jackass thing to do to salaried people doing the best they can.

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

The Eagles gave their longsnapper a ring after they traded him to New Orleans last year.   

Yes but he failed physical hence was still an Eagle.

9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Even Putin...

Image result for putin superbowl ring

Putin worked for P*ts providing technical and planning support on spying.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The Red Sox have often cut out the Fenway grounds crew for bonus money from the playoffs, keeping it for the players themselves.

A totally jackass thing to do to salaried people doing the best they can.

Oh they keep it away from them. Yeah. Buttwipes.

13 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Oh they keep it away from them. Yeah. Buttwipes.

yup, trainers and ground crews are often cut out of World Series bonus money.

baseball is the most selfish of all pro sports, you can't get deservedly punched by an opponent and you can be totally for yourself and get in the Hall of Fame

Edited by row_33

41 minutes ago, Augie said:

I guess the distinction is are you under contract? Either way, I say if you never bother to show up.....no ring for you! That’s just me. But I suppose there may be instances where a team might make an exception, if only to unruffle feathers to smooth out the path going forward. A goodwill gesture , if you will. 

no ring. I’d rather Shazier get two 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

That's cool of them, but I'd actually feel guilty wearing it.

He had a giant aneurysm  in his heart and could have died if the Saints doctors hadn't found it.  If I were him I'd gladly wear the ring.  If he had stayed with the Eagles he probably would have died. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Soda Popinski said:

He had a giant aneurysm  in his heart and could have died if the Saints doctors hadn't found it.  If I were him I'd gladly wear the ring.  If he had stayed with the Eagles he probably would have died. 

Ah. Didn't hear that whole story. That's pretty cool then. 

I've read a few stories about GM's mother's names being crossed off the Stanley Cup. 

12 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

That's cool of them, but I'd actually feel guilty wearing it.

understood, but they can do whatever they want to with their views on the matter....  :D

lots of greats have not participated in the championship stretch and paraded around with the trophy and glitter, which is fine...

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Woah. Lucky for him. He was also at least part of the team at a point in the run.

i don’t think I’ve ever heard of a long snapper trade.