WR Cam Phillips signed to Bills 53; Robert Foster released/signed to PS

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Sorry for this rant, but the thing that bothers me, and this is 20/20 hindsight but watching Valdez-Scantling and Eq St. Brown doing things in Gren Bay frustrates me. These are guys we passed on in the draft round after round. They weren't good enough for us, but they were good enough to crack the depth chart in Green Bay? 

It it just annoys me. I mean I like the upside of Siran Neal, but I'd rather have Valdez-Scantling who we had in for a visit and we passed on St. Brown for Ray Ray. It just feels off. Why can't we ever have long, high upside recievers around? Good enough for all the good teams, but not good enough for us? No we get all of the slow tiny ones. 

As I read this I was wondering if quarterback play has anything to do with it? Rodgers is a great quarterback who knows how to give his wideout’s a chance to catch most passes. 

If Daboll sticks around maybe he will help the staff get better at evaluating talent for offense.

5 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Unfortunately Ray-Ray was much more visible. Another dumb move.  Foster could at least stretch the defense and get open.  Ray-Ray has done nothing to deserve a roster spot except get drafted.

You mean a 6th round rookie is struggling?  Nooooooo 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

As I read this I was wondering if quarterback play has anything to do with it? Rodgers is a great quarterback who knows how to give his wideout’s a chance to catch most passes. 

If Daboll sticks around maybe he will help the staff get better at evaluating talent for offense.

I meant more along the lines of pro personnel decisions. I feel like we continue to pass on guys like this who jump right onto the depth chart in a place ike Green Bay and contribute....but we continue to pass on them in the draft.  You are 100% correct that their effectiveness has to be due to quarterback play. 

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Listen pal. I ain’t the super across da way.

(let’s see if anyone gets the reference)

U looking for Brett Weir? 

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You must be kidding. No team is going to put him on their 53. 

He also doesnt have to sign on Buffalos PS either 

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He was around last draft how did that work 

11 hours ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Do you know who else spends alot of time invisible....Kelvin Benjamin! Foster probably shouldn't have made the team from the beginning.....but since the young man is the only wr with some type of speed, why not give him a chance to develop into something.....Robert....don't let them sign you to the practice squad....go play for a real team, thats not looking for all their wrs to be tall and slow!

He won't even make the PS of another team.  If the Bills come calling to put him on the PS, he best take the offer.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

He also doesnt have to sign on Buffalos PS either 

He was around last draft how did that work 

I am referring to cut downs. As for draft day,  Daboll was around but very new. The entire offensive staff was getting to know each other and working together. Not saying continuity will make everything better, but having the same people in the same room for a few years is worth a shot. It would be a different approach. 

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Interesting....I'm in HR and received this application this morning?  Coincidence?

image.thumb.png.7c6c19c8f231652abfda2ca876827bb3.png

Did he drop his application on your desk? 

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Standard McDermott answer.  

I saw how poorly Rosen was getting his team in/out of the huddle last night....at least Allen has that going for him. 

5 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I saw how poorly Rosen was getting his team in/out of the huddle last night....at least Allen has that going for him. 

Arizona ranks dead last in Offensive line rankings for QB not getting their team in/out of the huddle

Glad they signed him to the practice squad.

We’ve already put this much time into his development, and we had an opening on the PS so why not? I don’t know if he will ever turn into anything, but it seems at least worth the shot (for now...). 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

He shouldn't have made the 53 man roster from the beginning.....he should have been on the practice squad. 

I agree he shouldn't have made the 53.  But you said above he shouldn't have even made the PS.