Tyrod Taylor frustrated by benching, won’t rule out trade request

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

You mean the defense took this team to the playoffs. He had plenty of 50 and 80 yard passing games that looked every bit as bad as the raw rookie. Lets not make ***** up now.

We would have won the playoff game with a real QB.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

yeah under 100 is the where it's at for a frencheyes. 

come on guys.  you cant make fun of TT when you root for this team.  LOL! 

Trust me I know how bad the bills offense has been,but Tyrod is an 8 year vet, and Allen is a rookie. Do you think Allen will be starting for a team in 8 years if he's passing for 165 yards a game? 

By all accounts, Tyrod was leading the offense throughout the spring/summer. He was organizing get togethers for extra training work, dinners and doing all the right things to be a leader.  Then this Mayfield dude strolls in against the Jets with all his swag and suddenly Tyrod is basically shoved in the corner. And the coach says, yep I probably shoulda started Baker from game #1.  So yeah I can see why he’s frustrated. It’s the NFL though, it happens, but I’m sure it’s frustrating as hell for him.

Edited by zow2

26 minutes ago, zow2 said:

By all accounts, Tyrod was leading the offense throughout the spring/summer. He was organizing get togethers for extra training work, dinners and doing all the right things to be a leader.  Then this Mayfield dude strolls in against the Jets with all his swag and suddenly Tyrod is basically shoved in the corner. And the coach says, yep I probably shoulda started Baker from game #1.  So yeah I can see why he’s frustrated. It’s the NFL though, it happens, but I’m sure it’s frustrating as hell for him.

That's all well and good. But the NFL is a bottom line business. And the bottom line is his job is to throw the ball and put up points and he wasn't doing either very well, so that's what happens.

I was actually thinking the other day, how when the Bills benched him and then later traded him, how the national media said the Bills were crazy, Tyrod is a good QB, and even the race card got played (against McDermott no less).

Yet when he got benched in Cleveland, not a peep. Now obviously they benched him for Mayfield rather than Peterman, but where are all the Tyrod supporters in the media now? 

(This is a post against the media, not Tyrod. I like Tyrod...good kid, hard worker. Just not quite good enough to keep a starting job.)

7 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

7 hours ago, folz said:

I was actually thinking the other day, how when the Bills benched him and then later traded him, how the national media said the Bills were crazy, Tyrod is a good QB, and even the race card got played (against McDermott no less).

Yet when he got benched in Cleveland, not a peep. Now obviously they benched him for Mayfield rather than Peterman, but where are all the Tyrod supporters in the media now? 

(This is a post against the media, not Tyrod. I like Tyrod...good kid, hard worker. Just not quite good enough to keep a starting job.)

Tyrod is limited as a passer but at least he doesn’t throw 11% interceptions. 

Peterman is one of the worst QBs in the history of the modern NFL. He is horrible. Good Christian kid, but a horrible NFL QB with limitations beyond arm strength. I feel he doesn’t process fast enough and must be either mentally incapable of reading defenses or afraid. 

That's what you get for playing like crap.

He'd definitely be an upgrade here, though. Although, I expected him to do better than he did in Cleveland. Maybe his best football is behind him.

7 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Tyrod is a sub-standard QB and a known commodity. You go with the unknown every time in situations like this. Peterman WAS the unknown. Now we know he sucks terribly and that's why Anderson is starting over him.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

You know deep down he misses Buffalo and sees we have an elite defense. We can legit go 7-2 with competent QB play. The deeper the season gets , the more impact elite defenses have, and this D is phenomenal. Schedule softens up, minus NE , don't count out Buffalo just yet. We were all laughing after week 2 and they got a statement Win. Don't be surprised to see another. With Tre erasing Hilton , Luck and that run game are in for a long day 20 points Anderson, that's it.

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

We dropped tyrod, then turned around n drafted Tallrod.

We had no vet QB on roster and we let NP lose a game 4 us.

Fully Billsy.

It still boggles my mind Nate and only Nate was our backup. He must look really really good in practices . It's not uncommon for certain QB to look great in practice/pre season . The magnitude and stage of a live game is too much for them. What a throw and route by Zay though

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Doc said:

Derek Anderson is making less than 1/20th of what Taylor is making this season.  And probably could put up the same stats.

I think it would be wise to wait until after Sunday's game before saying that Anderson can play as well as Taylor. I'm skeptical that's the case.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Tyrod is a sub-standard QB and a known commodity. You go with the unknown every time in situations like this. Peterman WAS the unknown. Now we know he sucks terribly and that's why Anderson is starting over him.

Strange. I thought I remember him playing like crap last season when he got a chance to start. Plus, he was a 5th round pick for a reason. I think they had plenty of reasons to be skeptical about Peterman. They just chose to ignore them.