Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He was the guy I liked most, but that doesn't mean I don't like other candidates.

I like Klobuchar more than any other candidate still in the race, but I want Klobuchar to drop out ASAP.

Do you really not understand how those 2 seemingly conflicting sentiments can coexist?

Pete was really no different.  The fact that he dropped out makes me like him even more as a potential future Presidential candidate.

read my posts again.

never said they couldn't coexist. i merely was pointing out your boy is gone and that was all i ever said in this exchange.

i will add that Pete will never be prez.

btw, Klobachar is also out. as someone said, put a comb in her, she is toast.

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He was the guy I liked most, but that doesn't mean I don't like other candidates.

I like Klobuchar more than any other candidate still in the race, but I want Klobuchar to drop out ASAP.

Do you really not understand how those 2 seemingly conflicting sentiments can coexist?

Pete was really no different.  The fact that he dropped out makes me like him even more as a potential future Presidential candidate.

Um...bro...she’s out. 

that’s what we meant when saying party bosses finally got to the also rans. 

Not at all suspicious that Pete and Amy left a day before Super Tuesday. 

Edited by dubs

4 minutes ago, dubs said:

Um...bro...she’s out. 

that’s what we meant when saying party bosses finally got to the also rans. 

Not at all suspicious that Pete and Amy left a day before Super Tuesday. 

Why suspicious?

Neither of them really had a chance at this point and both were vocally and adamantly anti-Sanders.

Them sacrificing their own futile Presidential runs for the sake of consolidating votes for Biden makes complete sense for them.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why suspicious?

Neither of them really had a chance at this point and both were vocally and adamantly anti-Sanders.

Them sacrificing their own futile Presidential runs for the sake of consolidating votes for Biden makes complete sense for them.

yes. Suspicious is probably the wrong word because motivations are obvious. The dem party is aligning against Bernie. 

it’ll be pretty entertaining to see what he and his supporters do if they nomination is taken from him a second consecutive time. 

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

What a wimp and a loser. I would never vote for any of these Dem chumps anyway ( I’ll take Trump, thank you) , but I would have had at least some respect for Klobuchar if she would have stood up to these racist BLM dill holes. 

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

read my posts again.

never said they couldn't coexist. i merely was pointing out your boy is gone and that was all i ever said in this exchange.

Except you said you wonder who I'm pulling for now.

That was why I responded saying I'm pulling for anyone but Trump.

The connotations of your post--similar to @Deranged Rhino's posts about my feelings about Biden--are that I've backed ONE candidate primarily, which has just really not been the case.

Whoever wins the Democratic nomination is my candidate.  I have preferences in the primary, but I don't loathe any of them.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Except you said you wonder who I'm pulling for now.

That was why I responded saying I'm pulling for anyone but Trump.

The connotations of your post--similar to @Deranged Rhino's posts about my feelings about Biden--are that I've backed ONE candidate primarily, which has just really not been the case.

Whoever wins the Democratic nomination is my candidate.  I have preferences in the primary, but I don't loathe any of them.

i'm sorry if you perceived my posts to be that you have only backed one candidate. that however is upon you for i have never said that. i expressed that your, 'main squeeze' was done and i think the next natural thought would be to wonder just who exactly you would pull for, due to your blind partisanship. i wasn't sure if you would be pulling for Biden, whom you originally stated you thought would be the nominee or if you would be pulling for what appears to be the front runner in Sanders.

all logical reasonings.  

Edited by Foxx

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

What a wimp and a loser. I would never vote for any of these Dem chumps anyway ( I’ll take Trump, thank you) , but I would have had at least some respect for Klobuchar if she would have stood up to these racist BLM dill holes. 

Like Trump did in Chicago?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-cancels-chicago-rally-says-he-didnt-want-to-see-anyone-hurt

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

i'm sorry if you perceived my posts to be that you have only backed one candidate. that however is upon you for i have never said that. i expressed that your, 'main squeeze' was done and i think the next natural thought would be to wonder just who exactly you would pull for, due to your blind partisanship. i wasn't sure if you would be pulling for Biden, whom you originally stated you thought would be the nominee or if you would be pulling for what appears to be the front runner in Sanders.

all logical reasonings.  

Pulling for in the primary?

Biden because as I've said since the beginning, he's the most likely candidate, anyway, and the most likely to beat Trump.

Biden was ALWAYS the one I was "pulling for" for that exact reason, even though I LIKED a number of candidates (Booker, Harris, Buttiguieg and Klobuchar) better.

But Bloomberg is still in the way screwing things up in a way that completely contradicts the reason he got in the race.

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Pulling for in the primary?

Biden because as I've said since the beginning, he's the most likely candidate, anyway, and the most likely to beat Trump.

Biden was ALWAYS the one I was "pulling for" for that exact reason, even though I LIKED a number of candidates (Booker, Harris, Buttiguieg and Klobuchar) better.

But Bloomberg is still in the way screwing things up in a way that completely contradicts the reason he got in the race.

do you have any concerns about Joe's cognitive abilities at this point?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Which area will Trump hit Biden first?  His corruption in Ukraine?  His vote for the Iraq War?  His declining mental faculties?  His vote for NAFTA?  His plagiarism scandal in the late 80's?  Anybody who thinks Biden can beat Trump is beyond delusional.

• Like (+1) 7

35 minutes ago, Foxx said:

do you have any concerns about Joe's cognitive abilities at this point?

Much less than I do everything Trump

21 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Which area will Trump hit Biden first?  His corruption in Ukraine?  His vote for the Iraq War?  His declining mental faculties?  His vote for NAFTA?  His plagiarism scandal in the late 80's?  Anybody who thinks Biden can beat Trump is beyond delusional.

I think Bernie is more likely going to be the candidate largely because of Bloomberg, but if Biden does become the candidate, we'll see.

I get the impression you're a Democrat.  Are you saying if Biden is the nominee you'll vote Trump?

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well, with luck you’ll really really like him when he drops out in 2024, really really really like him when he drops out in 2028, and so on, and so on. 

I watched some of his speeches and to me, it’s like watching chalk dry.  He seems nice enough, honestly, and if he improves his resume, moves to the middle and finds a way to appeal to minorities, who knows.  

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, with luck you’ll really really like him when he drops out in 2024, really really really like him when he drops out in 2028, and so on, and so on. 

I watched some of his speeches and to me, it’s like watching chalk dry.  He seems nice enough, honestly, and if he improves his resume, moves to the middle and finds a way to appeal to minorities, who knows.  

Weird contradictory post, but okay  :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have to say Bloomberg just did his individual Town Hall on FOX and he’s way more impressive than either Biden or Bernie. It just shows how awful those debate settings are.

Really hard to believe any of these horrible candidates are even this close to becoming potus.

Just now, Albwan said:

Really hard to believe any of these horrible candidates are even this close to becoming potus.

I’d have said the same until I watched Bloomberg in that setting. He’s not the bomb throwing arse like the others all are (were).

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He'll drop out in 2024 and 2028, yet he simultaneously stands a chance if he improves his resume, which is pretty widely considered the reason he got out of the race.

Ah, I see the confusion.  

You indicated you liked him even more because he dropped out, and as a conservative, I personally hope he drops out again in 2024 making you really really like him more, and so on. 

Second paragraph moved past that to PB and his future.  Personally, I think he’s a pretty boring dude, but IF he’s to be successful in the future, he’s got to work on his charisma and find a way to appeal to black voters and a wider base of voters. If he can do that, and if he moves to the center to appeal to independents, he seems like a nice enough guy to draw in some voters and have a shot at it.  As for his resume, it’s obviously pretty flimsy, which is problematic in general (unless you’re the heir apparent to the dems) and what’s on there now is decidedly unappealing to minority voters according to minority voters.  so, to summarize:

1. Be less boring, like a LOT less boring (Get a tat, maybe play Mott the Hoople at campaign rallies?);

2. Gain experience  beyond being assistant to the associate Tax Collector in Muncie, Indiana;

3. Find a way to be viewed as less of a bigot to minority communities;

4. Move to the middle;

5.  Be less boring;

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Much less than I do everything Trump

I think Bernie is more likely going to be the candidate largely because of Bloomberg, but if Biden does become the candidate, we'll see.

I get the impression you're a Democrat.  Are you saying if Biden is the nominee you'll vote Trump?

No.  I'll vote for Biden but the problem is he generates no excitement leading to low turnout.  It will be a repeat of 2016 and the GOP likely takes back the house.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have to say Bloomberg just did his individual Town Hall on FOX and he’s way more impressive than either Biden or Bernie. It just shows how awful those debate settings are.

That's pry why Clint Eastwood endorsed him which kind of tells you where Bloomberg is on the political spectrum.  Because of his stop and frisk enforcement there's little chance he gets enough of the minority vote to be a contender and will pry drop out on Wednesday and throw his money to Biden.

17 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

No.  I'll vote for Biden but the problem is he generates no excitement leading to low turnout.  It will be a repeat of 2016 and the GOP likely takes back the house.

Clearly we find all this out in November, but I think the overwhelming anti-Trump sentiment nationally is what will get people out to vote. 

In 2016 low turnout was partially caused by the fact that no one thought Trump could actually win, so what's the big deal if I stay home?

Well, we all saw Trump win... 

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Clearly we find all this out in November, but I think the overwhelming anti-Trump sentiment nationally is what will get people out to vote. 

In 2016 low turnout was partially caused by the fact that no one thought Trump could actually win, so what's the big deal if I stay home?

and now the left has seen that we have peace abroad and prosperity at home....so once again they’ll stay away, instead of pulling the lever to end it all

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I agreed with this assessment four or so months ago and then I saw Biden campaign.  You're not going to get as many Bernie backers voting for Biden as you did for Hillary in '16 because they feel they were robbed twice.  Especially if Bernie has a slight delegate lead going into the convention and they nominate Biden.  My guess is you'll have even less turnout in the swing states on the Dem side compared to '16.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Whistling in the dark?  Overwhelming anti-Trump sentiment?  Where?  Greenwich Village?  Haight-Ashbury in SF?  Cooked polls?  Communist sympathizers sensing that now is their time to strike?   No one politician is going to have 100 percent of the people behind them but to say that there is this soon to be mobilized majority against Trump is a stretch.  The left is looking ridiculous trying to tar and feather Trump with whatever is in immediate reach no matter how non-sensical it may be such as with the Corona Virus.  Try some dignity for a change and see where it takes you guys.