Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One theory put forth by some is that the longer Mayor Not, Frau Blucher, Candidate1/1024 and Bloombuck$ stay in, they'll dilute the percent of delegates for Burnme.

Thus, if BS were to go into the convention with 35-40% of the total delegates, the Dem hierarchy could push the notion the majority of Dem voters do not want him as their candidate and do their super delegate hocus pocus and pick QPJ.

Seems unlikely, but.......?

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

One theory put forth by some is that the longer Mayor Not, Frau Blucher, Candidate1/1024 and Bloombuck$ stay in, they'll dilute the percent of delegates for Burnme.

Thus, if BS were to go into the convention with 35-40% of the total delegates, the Dem hierarchy could push the notion the majority of Dem voters do not want him as their candidate and do their super delegate hocus pocus and pick QPJ.

Seems unlikely, but.......?

Mini Mike is starving them of cash. Not only is he not giving his normal donations, instead of getting donations from other big donors he had said they could help by not donating to anyone. So, they have not been.  Bernie doesn't rely as much on that type of money.  The rest of 'em? It should be interesting to see who lasts past Super Tuesday besides Mini Mike and Bernie.

4 contests in and it's already looking like a 2 person race between Biden and Sanders.

Bloomberg is a massive stick in Biden's wheel, but does anyone honestly think if Bloomberg weren't in this that Biden wouldn't be the odds on favorite at this point to be the Democratic nominee and then President?

Oh wait, I forgot where I was... I know how most of you would probably answer that question.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

4 contests in and it's already looking like a 2 person race between Biden and Sanders.

Bloomberg is a massive stick in Biden's wheel, but does anyone honestly think if Bloomberg weren't in this that Biden wouldn't be the odds on favorite at this point to be the Democratic nominee and then President?

Oh wait, I forgot where I was... I know how most of you would probably answer that question.  :lol:

How can anyone vote for Joey-B? The man should be at home with a caregiver. What is going on with him being paraded out there is elder abuse, IMO. Cognitively, he is impaired. Whether it is from old age, his past strokes, or something else, I do not know, but, the man has issues.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

How can anyone vote for Joey-B? The man should be at home with a caregiver. What is going on with him being paraded out there is elder abuse, IMO. Cognitively, he is impaired. Whether it is from old age, his past strokes, or something else, I do not know, but, the man has issues.

That's a bunch of mularkey.  I read this was the first primary he's ever won even though he's ran 3 times (maybe 4) within the last 30 years.  I was surprised at how much the endorsement from James Clyburn had on the voters (the exit poll showed nearly 50% took that endorsement into consideration when voting).

The main reason Dems are voting for him is he was Obama's VP.  Older black voters especially given they're more conservative and they showed up in droves in SC.  Hillary won 74% of the votes there in '16.  To me Biden's the Democrat's version of McCain.  Maybe he'll pick a Sarah Palin as his running mate like AOC.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That's a bunch of mularkey.  I read this was the first primary he's ever won even though he's ran 3 times (maybe 4) within the last 30 years.  I was surprised at how much the endorsement from James Clyburn had on the voters (the exit poll showed nearly 50% took that endorsement into consideration when voting).

The main reason Dems are voting for him is he was Obama's VP.  Older black voters especially given they're more conservative and they showed up in droves in SC.  Hillary won 74% of the votes there in '16.  To me Biden's the Democrat's version of McCain.  Maybe he'll pick a Sarah Palin as his running mate like AOC.

if you don't think Biden has cognitive issues, either you aren't paying attention or you're simply partisan. is there more than two days that go by where he doesn't make some sort of gaffe regarding where he is, what he has done or what he wants to do? in no way, shape or form is he fit to serve.

of course, i may have been taking this post literally when it is, after all, a bunch of malarkey 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Biden is too mentally lacking to be anywhere near the WH. Obama was derelict in his duty by even pairing up with him, knowing that if something happened to him we'd have Mr. MaGoo leading our nation. Democrats don't have a candidate that is actually viable. Bernie has no real accomplishments throughout his life and the only thing he has to offer is a pie in the sky philosophy, proven wrong whenever it has been tried. Biden has been in political office for decade after decade and has no accomplishments either. That coupled with a lack of personal courage and what appears as the onset of dementia is the death knell for him. Bloomberg appears to be the only other choice but he's much like the Medieval King chosen from another country. He's not a democrat and carries too much baggage. In addition, he will never get the far left (Bernie's supporters) to the polls. I would say that the democrats are FUBAR but that's not actually accurate. I recognize their condition based on prior circumstances. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

that Biden wouldn't be the odds on favorite at this point to be the Democratic nominee and then President?

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Joe Biden is one egg away from having  tapioca for brains. The number of embarrassing gaffes he's made just in the past two weeks is enough to make ME wish he was the front runner at this point.

The left needs to put him in the attic.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Joe Biden is one egg away from having  tapioca for brains. The number of embarrassing gaffes he's made just in the past two weeks is enough to make ME wish he was the front runner at this point.

The left needs to put him in the attic.

They can't. 

Which is why it's hilarious. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

6 hours ago, Foxx said:

if you don't think Biden has cognitive issues, either you aren't paying attention or you're simply partisan. is there more than two days that go by where he doesn't make some sort of gaffe regarding where he is, what he has done or what he wants to do? in no way, shape or form is he fit to serve.

of course, i may have been taking this post literally when it is, after all, a bunch of malarkey 

You may be right, but same goes for the idiot in the White House.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Correct. 

In addition to the fakeness, I wonder if there’s some bias against her among dem primary voters, conscious or otherwise, because of her voice and her slim build. I know this stuff shouldn’t matter in a perfect world, but when I see her and hear her talk I think of a frail old lady. It’s not like it is with Biden’s constant mental errors where I would have concerns about her capability to do the job because of it, but it isn’t the image you want the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth to project either. It’s not just a man vs woman thing because I don’t get the same vibe from Klobuchar. 

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Trump never ran on the basis of being an academic.  Warren and a number of others in recent elections threw their college degrees in the voters' faces every chance they got.  World of hard knocks (1), eggheads (0) for those keeping score.

7 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Biden is too mentally lacking to be anywhere near the WH. Obama was derelict in his duty by even pairing up with him, knowing that if something happened to him we'd have Mr. MaGoo leading our nation. Democrats don't have a candidate that is actually viable. Bernie has no real accomplishments throughout his life and the only thing he has to offer is a pie in the sky philosophy, proven wrong whenever it has been tried. Biden has been in political office for decade after decade and has no accomplishments either. That coupled with a lack of personal courage and what appears as the onset of dementia is the death knell for him. Bloomberg appears to be the only other choice but he's much like the Medieval King chosen from another country. He's not a democrat and carries too much baggage. In addition, he will never get the far left (Bernie's supporters) to the polls. I would say that the democrats are FUBAR but that's not actually accurate. I recognize their condition based on prior circumstances. 

Biden had all his mental faculties intact as far as I can tell through debates and interviews as far back as 2016.  He's only seemed senile recently.  I don't think there's any irresponsibility on Obama's part in making him his VP choice.  I do agree that he's not up for being the presidential nominee.  Bloomberg is pry the most qualified having run a successful business that made him a self made billionaire and being mayor of a major city for 12 years.  I agree with you that he won't win though because of the reason you cited.  Also, Biff Tannen would destroy him in a general election as he's already making fun of his height which is hilarious.

I think most voters understand that Bernie's pie in the sky proposals are unrealistic.  When they here "medicare for all" they think he's going to fight like hell to lower premiums and deductibles.  He's going to make sure more people are insured.  When they here "free college" they think finally somebody will do something to lower the increasing cost of college and the debt that occurs because of it.  When they hear "expand social security" they feel confident that entitlement cuts won't happen with him as president.  They can sense that his promise to raise the federal minimum wage isn't just lip service.  He's like Trump in that way.  Most Trump voters didn't think he was going to build a huge and beautiful wall with Mexico paying for it.  Nobody thought he was going to round up all the illegal immigrants and deport them.  They thought finally somebody will get serious with border security and illegal immigration.  When they heard him promise GDP growth would go up to 4 and maybe 5 percent they thought he'll do more to stimulate the economy.

In a hypothetical matchup between Bernie and Trump.  Trump won't be able to attack Bernie from the left like he did Hillary when it comes to trade.  He won't be able to chastise him for his Iraq War vote as they're both isolationists.  They're both perceived as "outsiders" so Trump can't even claim that role this time  Just screaming communist and free stuff is a weak tactic as they used the same playbook against Obama and failed.  We have a decent economy right now so I think Trump will still win, but it won't be as easy as Republicans think.  

• Like (+1) 1

@IDBillzFan there you go again with your stupid condescending ignorant parroting of Rrrruussshhah dingy Crazy GREEDY LIMPboss radio cult liar dittohead....Democrats are the right and you and your Rethuglican ilk are the fascist far right of American politics Greens are the center offering real solutions to preserve the Republic from gangsters blueREDS redBLUES duopoly bankrupting USA 22 trillion dollars since ReaGUN 1982....those are the facts and zero people here seem liberated from fake news CNN or Faux....no wonder half of eligible voters refuse to vote duopoly and often when I can ass non-voters they congratulate me for my courage speaking truth to the liars and lunatics incumbent 537 criminals including Bernie who is talking SOME sense but has been the same PROBLEM since 1979

2 minutes ago, 1915 Buffalo Bill Cody fan said:

@IDBillzFan there you go again with your stupid condescending ignorant parroting of Rrrruussshhah dingy Crazy GREEDY LIMPboss radio cult liar dittohead....Democrats are the right and you and your Rethuglican ilk are the fascist far right of American politics Greens are the center offering real solutions to preserve the Republic from gangsters blueREDS redBLUES duopoly bankrupting USA 22 trillion dollars since ReaGUN 1982....those are the facts and zero people here seem liberated from fake news CNN or Faux....no wonder half of eligible voters refuse to vote duopoly and often when I can ass non-voters they congratulate me for my courage speaking truth to the liars and lunatics incumbent 537 criminals including Bernie who is talking SOME sense but has been the same PROBLEM since 1979

...relaxed mental hygiene results strikes again.......good Lord......some should NEVER be left alone..............

@IDBillzFan the real left are mourning the great Jack O'dell age 96 Communist Party USA with Pete Seeger and Dr MLKjr again facts you can only piss upon with your smug 99 IQ

@OldTimeAFLGuy I am surprised you didn't say I had cooties with your wading pool preschool analysis of USA political spectrum but I understand you are still slowly looking up my polysyllabic vocabulary....multi tasking is a challenge for your Graham crackers and tippy cup

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I don't want a 2nd Trump term, but I WILL NOT vote for Uncle Joe.  He voted for the Iraq War. He got snookered by George Bush.  He's a moron.  And his judgement is horrendous. While discussing whether to kill Osama Bin Laden, Uncle Joe was the only one against it.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

@Doc Brown why pontificate so early about all the scum running to ruin USA deeper into bankruptcy  ?  Howie just picked up 2 state supporters on his road to the White House yesterday OH then IL if you can skip Starbuck$ 40 times you can afford 250 dollars for Presidential Matching Funds for Howie in your state PEACE THROUGH GREEN JOBS brings home our brave military sells NATO & assets to the countries that can defend themselves and creates LIVING WAGES JOBS FOR 100% of all Americans growing the economy and paying back China their 5 trillion

1 hour ago, Chandemonium said:

In addition to the fakeness, I wonder if there’s some bias against her among dem primary voters, conscious or otherwise, because of her voice and her slim build. I know this stuff shouldn’t matter in a perfect world, but when I see her and hear her talk I think of a frail old lady. It’s not like it is with Biden’s constant mental errors where I would have concerns about her capability to do the job because of it, but it isn’t the image you want the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth to project either. It’s not just a man vs woman thing because I don’t get the same vibe from Klobuchar. 

It is the lying.  When you lie about yourself, you will lie about anything.  For the Trump haters yes he lies but they are clearly exaggerations.  Warren lies to convince you she is on your side when the facts say otherwise.  See "why she was fired" and her "kids going to private schools" for reference.  These lies are designed to show she is one of the people when she is not.

It is also the voice.  I would not watch the news for 4 years if I had to listen to that scolding tone.

6 minutes ago, 1915 Buffalo Bill Cody fan said:

@Doc Brown why pontificate so early about all the scum running to ruin USA deeper into bankruptcy  ?  Howie just picked up 2 state supporters on his road to the White House yesterday OH then IL if you can skip Starbuck$ 40 times you can afford 250 dollars for Presidential Matching Funds for Howie in your state PEACE THROUGH GREEN JOBS brings home our brave military sells NATO & assets to the countries that can defend themselves and creates LIVING WAGES JOBS FOR 100% of all Americans growing the economy and paying back China their 5 trillion

I'm more of a Tim Horton's fan you loon.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Trump never ran on the basis of being an academic.  Warren and a number of others in recent elections threw their college degrees in the voters' faces every chance they got.  World of hard knocks (1), eggheads (0) for those keeping score.

Is that what Biden is doing? Running on being an academic?

Follow along, please.

And holy hell... did you just claim that Donald  freaking Trump learned from all those tough experiences in his entitled upbringing as an heir to a fortune???

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Foxx said:

BTW...I was being sarcastic.  Joe's losing his marbles.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Is that what Biden is doing? Running on being an academic?

Follow along, please.

And holy hell... did you just claim that Donald  freaking Trump learned from all those tough experiences in his entitled upbringing as an heir to a fortune???

giphy.gif

I did not name Biden in my last post but I would put him down as being more as a degree snob although I am sure that in his younger days he thought he could school anybody which was my point.  Trump learned something as he has never gone completely broke which more than you can say about a fair number of others in the development and construction trades.  By the way liberals seem to like the dumbest cartoons.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

I did not name Biden in my last post but I would put him down as being more as a degree snob although I am sure that in his younger days he thought he could school anybody which was my point.  Trump learned something as he has never gone completely broke which more than you can say about a fair number of others in the development and construction trades.  By the way liberals seem to like the dumbest cartoons.  

Oh man... this post just wreaks of desperation with a nice little Ad Hominem thrown in at the end as the icing on the cake.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You may be right, but same goes for the idiot in the White House.

What a swell idea the Democrats have in promoting Joe Biden; we could swap one wing nut for another.  The sad part of that is the Dem's would actually be happy finally.  What a sick bunch....