Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

D-Hl9YVU4AAFDNs.png

This is not what Americans want.

In debates, Democrats move toward open borders

Washington Examiner, by Byron York

Original Article

Great! You guys run on the same issues that cost you the House in 2018! Nice!! 

Just now, B-Man said:

FROM A FRIEND ON FACEBOOK: “My biggest takeaway from the candidates in the Dem debates is there doesn’t seem to be any joy in any of them.

They all seem to live in a perpetual state of anger, resentment and envy that absolutely poisons their lives.

Those aren’t attractive qualities in political candidates.

Say what you want about Trump but he rarely looks like he’s not having a good time.

Optimism can be both attractive and contagious.”

by Glenn Reynolds

Lol??? What? Trump is a blow hard nut bag who blows his stack constantly like a spoiled little child. What color is the sky in your world?? 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is a take I never considered. I am not sure I agree, but it is always interesting to see the way other people are thinking and what does/does not connect with them.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2

Uh-Oh, Joe Scarborough's Upset: Last Night's Debate 'Disaster' for Democrats

President Kamala Harris will repeal the GOP tax cuts on Day 1, but we’re not sure how......?

Pat Sajak summed up how millions of Americans all across the country felt last night watching the second round of the first Democratic debates.

This could be worse. It could be a dinner party and I could be there.

• Haha (+1) 5

MORE THAN GOTCHA: Kamala’s Busing Blunder.

As I write this, the consensus opinion among GOP analysts is that Harris poleaxed Biden when she said, “There was a little girl in California who was bussed to school. That little girl was me.”

Clearly, her team had planned this carefully, up to and including using an altered image that makes her look like a black child of poverty.

But more to the point, why wasn’t every GOP analyst and every conservative reporter up in her face about it?

Harris lied, for one thing.

Read the whole thing.

• Like (+1) 1

live blogging of last night's debate — when he was writing something for each of the closing statements:

10:53 — Swalwell: "I'm a father of a 2-year-old and an infant. When I'm not changing diapers, I'm changing Washington. Most of the time, the diapers smell better."

10:54 — Williamson: "Donald Trump is not going to be beaten just by insider politics talk.… He's reached into the psyche of the American people, and he's harnessed fear for political purposes.… I'm going to harness love for political purposes … and love will win."

10:55 — Hickenlooper seems to have saved up his whole pitch till the end: "We expanded reproductive health to reduce teenage abortion.… We were the first state [Colorado] to legalize marijuana.… We got to near universal health care coverage."

10:56 — Gillibrand: "Women are on fire!"

10:57 — Yang says he'll build "a broad coalition" including "libertarians" — the only time they're mentioned by any of the Democratic candidates.

10:58 — Harris tries to convince us that she should be the nominee based on her prosecutorial background, saying she'll "prosecute the case against 4 more years of Donald Trump."

10:59 — I missed Buttigieg's closing statement because the dumb NBC News Roku channel interrupted to ask if I'm still watching.

11:00 — Sanders, seeming to draw inspiration from President Eisenhower, says he'll fight "the military-industrial complex."

11:01 — Biden promises to "restore the soul of this country — the president has ripped it out." "This is the United States of America! We can do anything if we're together — together."

By then, I'd closed down my computer. It wasn't that I'd got sleepy. I was tired of the rancor.

I'm up again this morning at 4 a.m., looking back and assessing what happened to me. I had distanced myself from these people as I was watching, but now I'm thinking of the reality of one of these people becoming President. It wasn't just a funny talk show of wild scary weirdos. It's for real. And I think what happened in my head was: Okay, just give me Biden.

35 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Uh-Oh, Joe Scarborough's Upset: Last Night's Debate 'Disaster' for Democrats

President Kamala Harris will repeal the GOP tax cuts on Day 1, but we’re not sure how......?

Pat Sajak summed up how millions of Americans all across the country felt last night watching the second round of the first Democratic debates.

Pat would say something during the dinner party that would cause a problem because:

he is never PC but you want a famous rich person there to show off to friends

She's a liar  democrat

It was unusual in 2016 for Donald Trump to release a list from which he would choose Supreme Court nominees.

Now, there's an effort to make it seem abnormal not to release a list of potential Supreme Court nominees:

This is similar to the pressure on Trump to release his tax returns. Others have done it, so it's abnormal not to do it. What is he hiding? It's nefarious! That's how this trick works.

But will this trick work for the list of potential Supreme Court nominees — something only Trump has ever done. And I think he did it because he needed to counter speculation that he wasn't really conservative and was only pretending to be pro-life.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

She's a liar  democrat

It was unusual in 2016 for Donald Trump to release a list from which he would choose Supreme Court nominees.

Now, there's an effort to make it seem abnormal not to release a list of potential Supreme Court nominees:

This is similar to the pressure on Trump to release his tax returns. Others have done it, so it's abnormal not to do it. What is he hiding? It's nefarious! That's how this trick works.

But will this trick work for the list of potential Supreme Court nominees — something only Trump has ever done. And I think he did it because he needed to counter speculation that he wasn't really conservative and was only pretending to be pro-life.

Trump recognized that the SC was a gigantic issue with many of us. I personally convinced at least 2 people to vote for him because of it.

• Like (+1) 2