Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

@B-Man the Elephants are already submerged on the sinking ship going down 23 trillion in debt ...it's true BidenS is so senile and corrupt nothing can save the election for donkeys ....maybe if Bernie is Veep the blues can keep voters aboard the scam to win the White House but TrumpOLINI has most the billionaires on his side and the racists who blame USA victims for too few Green jobs and living wages 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@reddogblitz 3 months until the last primary in S Dakota.....Bernie could have another heart attack and BidenS can be proven in Arkansas child support court of taking bribes from China and Ukraine so "that" money is not "income" to be garnished in Kiev or Beijing..... work now for WWW.HOWIEHAWKINS.US @H'20 @HowieHawkins20 he just won the California Primary 36% against 4 opponents PEACE THROUGH GREEN JOBS sell NATO assets to rich countries to defend themselves S KOREANS have sold enough KIAs in USA to replace USA boots on the DMZ to pacify Rocket Man Kim REPROGRAMMING ALL MILITARY MONEY INSIDE USA for growing the Green economy and pay back China 5 trillion ASAP

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Obviously, Biden is under no pressure to name a VP prospect before the convention but the longer he waits the more I wonder that the prospect will be unpopular to the general electorate as that person will be a box checker for the Dems?  What boxes will the Dems be looking to check?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Obviously, Biden is under no pressure to name a VP prospect before the convention but the longer he waits the more I wonder that the prospect will be unpopular to the general electorate as that person will be a box checker for the Dems?  What boxes will the Dems be looking to check?

He needs a female POC or he's sunk. 

It'll be Abrams or (dream scenario/least likely) M. Obama. Warren could be the pick if Abrams passes, Harris is a possibility too but I still think Abrams is who he wants.

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He needs a female POC or he's sunk. 

It'll be Abrams or (dream scenario/least likely) M. Obama. Warren could be the pick if Abrams passes, Harris is a possibility too but I still think Abrams is who he wants.

I don't disagree, but I am mystified how they will promote this to the American people...............other than her skin pigmentation and genitalia.

She served in the Georgia State House of Representatives from 2006 to 2017,  dropped out for an unsuccessful run for governor.

HOW is she someone who should be Vice President of the United States ??

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, B-Man said:

I don't disagree, but I am mystified how they will promote this to the American people...............other than her skin pigmentation and genitalia.

She served in the Georgia State House of Representatives from 2006 to 2017,  dropped out for an unsuccessful run for governor.

You're talking about the Party of skin pigmentation and genitalia. That's all that they care about. 

Wouldn't Biden getting Warren as VP pretty much end Sanders? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

She still hasn’t conceded that she’s not governor of GA

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Her experience seems to be a little light.  But if you think about it, she has more political experience than Barack Obama, Mayor Pete, and Donald Trump.

Hot take from HuffPost: Elizabeth Warren Could Never Escape The Baggage Of Being A ‘Female Candidate.’

As Jim Geraghty notes, “For once, Warren fans can’t blame Republicans or Donald Trump or Fox News or conservatives. This was a contest among their own.

If sexism indeed tanked Warren’s campaign, it means the Democratic Party and its voters are a much an obstacle to women’s advancement as that dastardly GOP is.

The sexism is coming from inside the house!”

Exit question from Geraghty: “Is possible that maybe, just maybe, the qualities and positions that dazzle the newsrooms and editorial boards of the country’s most powerful media institutions don’t impress anyone but those reporters and media voices? That the ability to wow the New York Times editorial board does not translate to an ability to wow Democrats of all stripes, much less a majority of Americans?”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Well, I don't see any boxes that I'd like to check in that bunch. I almost said maybe Tulsi's, but then remembered why she reminded me of that old Seinfeld episode when Jerry had misgivings about his new girlfriend, who seemed to wear the same outfit every day. Does Tulsi have any clothes that aren't a white pantsuit? 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

You're talking about the Party of skin pigmentation and genitalia. That's all that they care about. 

Wouldn't Biden getting Warren as VP pretty much end Sanders? 

Not that it really matters in Politics.........

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Pretty sure it'd be for the same reasons Geraldine Ferraro should've been the VP of the US.

(No idea how that ACTUALLY makes her qualified to be the VP; but based on her track record, it can't be much more than that.)

White-hot take from blue-checked journo: Elizabeth Warren’s failure as a presidential candidate is basically Donald Trump’s fault

Progressive writer for hire (and Vox alumna) Emily Crockett is among the many media feminists heartbroken over Elizabeth Warren’s exit from the Democratic presidential race. But while a lot of her comrades are sticking strictly to the “Elizabeth Warren is a victim of sexism” angle, Emily’s taking things up a notch:

• Haha (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Hot take from HuffPost: Elizabeth Warren Could Never Escape The Baggage Of Being A ‘Female Candidate.’

As Jim Geraghty notes, “For once, Warren fans can’t blame Republicans or Donald Trump or Fox News or conservatives. This was a contest among their own.

If sexism indeed tanked Warren’s campaign, it means the Democratic Party and its voters are a much an obstacle to women’s advancement as that dastardly GOP is.

Exit question from Geraghty: “Is possible that maybe, just maybe, the qualities and positions that dazzle the newsrooms and editorial boards of the country’s most powerful media institutions don’t impress anyone but those reporters and media voices? That the ability to wow the New York Times editorial board does not translate to an ability to wow Democrats of all stripes, much less a majority of Americans?”

There was a surge when she looked like the frontrunner and polled close to Biden nationally.  Then she hired Kamala and Clinton staffers and decided to play the sexism card on Bernie of all people.  It was a political calculation that backfired and now all she's done is given Biden wins in Massachusetts, Maine, and probably Minnesota.  To be fair, Bloomberg hurt Biden but not to the extent Warren hurt Sanders.  If she was committed to the progressive movement she would've dropped out on Monday.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

White-hot take from blue-checked journo: Elizabeth Warren’s failure as a presidential candidate is basically Donald Trump’s fault

Progressive writer for hire (and Vox alumna) Emily Crockett is among the many media feminists heartbroken over Elizabeth Warren’s exit from the Democratic presidential race. But while a lot of her comrades are sticking strictly to the “Elizabeth Warren is a victim of sexism” angle, Emily’s taking things up a notch:

Saw a similar thought line from a friend on Facebook, that she was 'too competent' and a victim of sexism. I didn't have the heart to explain that she is actually a habitual liar whose policies were largely impossible to implement due to her incompetence. 

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

One day I hope to meet a Dem who finally understands why we accuse them of lacking in self-awareness.

Embarrassing days for Dems.

56 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

There was a surge when she looked like the frontrunner and polled close to Biden nationally.  Then she hired Kamala and Clinton staffers and decided to play the sexism card on Bernie of all people.  It was a political calculation that backfired and now all she's done is given Biden wins in Massachusetts, Maine, and probably Minnesota.  To be fair, Bloomberg hurt Biden but not to the extent Warren hurt Sanders.  If she was committed to the progressive movement she would've dropped out on Monday.

Don't forget Texas.

20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

has she endorsed anyone yet? perhaps she is not endorsing because she has only 'suspended' her campaign?

It's obvious that she's waiting to see who is going to get the nomination before she endorses either of them. She said today that she hoped for a 3rd lane between Bernie and Joe but found out there wasn't one. In other words she's keeping her options open and hoping to be the VP choice of whoever wins. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

The last woman dropping out of the race (for all intents and purposes) has made me sit back and dream of how much the Dems are going to lose their ***** when Nicki Haley is the first Female president... 

I really think this will happen and it’s going to be great pointing out that if Hilary lost because of sexism and Warren dropped out of the primary because of sexism, but Haley won, then the only logical conclusion is that democrats are the more sexist party. 

14 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

I really think this will happen and it’s going to be great pointing out that if Hilary lost because of sexism and Warren dropped out of the primary because of sexism, but Haley won, then the only logical conclusion is that democrats are the more sexist party. 

It's too early to say if it will or not, but my favorites are her and Dan Crenshaw, though they both lack the prerequisite 70+ years of life experience (as if that's a bad thing!) The DNC is going to have to find themselves in the next half a decade if they want to take back the big house after Trump (assuming he wins, which I more-less do) and so far they haven't shown themselves capable. They need a calming, externally moderate candidate to unite the party... Based on how they handled this cycle, that seems unlikely. 

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Mostly I question her statement: "a once-in-a-generation political and intellectual talent".  The Trump part doesn't even apply. 

Tulsi Gabbard is still a choice and with more relevant experience. 

Edited by keepthefaith

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

...I'd there is a helluva lot more to it than "female"......Jesus, she garnered a whopping 21% of the vote in MA, her own state, for 3rd place...."hometown folks in the (better) know"?....hmmm...