Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Good example of how 2 people can view a scene in 2 different ways.

This is the interaction when Biden was confronted by that guy saying "you are actively trying to infringe our Second Amendment right and take away our guns."

Biden was pretty angry at what he clearly and genuinely feels is a lie--and whether or not you believe he's really doing it, he believes he isn't.

At which point Biden says he's "full of *****" to his face and stands there continuing to talk to him.  The guy says something about having a video of it to which Biden responds how it's probably just another deep fake.

Frankly, Biden deserves more respect than you're giving him for standing there and continuing to address some moron who's clearly just looking to be part of a viral moment.  It's more than our Paper Tiger President would ever do.  He'd probably find a way to walk away as quickly from the situation as possible and then call the guy names on Twitter.

What???? :blink:

You're almost as unintelligible as @OldTimeAFLGuy

...how the hell did you get out AGAIN?............

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Wrong. 

Jesus man.

I post facts and you post an idiotic piece of propoganda.

Typical you.

Do you honestly waste your time watching a lot of this junk on Youtube and Twitter?

I guess that was a rhetorical question since you post so much of the crap all the time.

Soooo... what was incorrect about the facts I posted?

41 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He won because everyone thought the Democratic nominee would be the inevitable winner, so they stayed home because they thought their vote would mean less.

First and foremost, black voter turnout dropped for the first time in 2 decades and it dropped by 7%, which is a precipitous drop and significant loss specifically for the Democratic Party, which relies largely on the Black vote, which votes like 90% Democrat in every Presidential election cycle.

Seriously, think about how inevitable Clinton was to most of the country?

Trump won because of 77,744 votes in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.  

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/weekly-standard/the-election-came-down-to-77-744-votes-in-pennsylvania-wisconsin-and-michigan-updated

In Pennsylvania, overall turnout was up from 2012 (from 5.6 million to 6 million), but the racial composition of the electorate was significantly different. Clinton won 92 percent of African-Americans and Obama won 93 percent of African-Americans. But in 2012, black voters made up 13 percent of the electorate; in 2016, they comprised just 10 percent of the electorate.

In terms of raw votes, that means roughly 130,000 fewer African-Americans voted in Pennsylvania in 2016 than voted in 2012. If those voters had shown up on Tuesday, that alone would've been enough for Clinton to hold Pennsylvania by a razor-thin margin.

Does it seem so far in the Democratic primary cycle that black voters are staying home?

Throw in the fact that more voters threw away their vote by voting for someone other than the top 2 candidates in the history of the US.  Just think about that for a minute: 7.8 million people in our Country threw their vote in the garbage by voting for 3rd party candidates.  I've spoken with some people who did that, specificially because they refused to vote for Clinton despite the fact that they despised Trump.

It's nothing more than anecdotal, but these same people (there are 3 of them I've spoken in depth about this with) told me that in the next election they'd vote for whoever runs against Trump.

I know you guys are in your bubble over here.  We're all in our own little bubbles.  But boy do I have a feeling that this board will implode when Trump loses in November.

Don't worry about me if Trump wins.  I'll be fine, plus I'll be sporting a new avatar for awhile.

So in PA alone you need to speak to 129,997 more African-Americans is what I get out of that.  I could speak to 3 people about never Biden, Sanders, etc. but that does not make for a sizable sampling of the population never mind a national trend.  You have your work cut out for you.  You need to speak to approximately over 600 people per day until Election Day in just the state of Pennsylvania alone.  Get cracking!

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Soooo... what was incorrect about the facts I posted?

Everything. Trump did not win because people stayed home. Trump won for a host of reasons, primarily because he won over voters the DNC took for granted for decades in PA, WI, MI, and OH. 

You've learned nothing from 2016. Nothing. 

That's why the next 8 months will be hilarious to watch your cognitive dissonance run you ragged. 

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

So in PA alone you need to speak to 129,997 more African-Americans is what I get out of that.  I could speak to 3 people about never Biden, Sanders, etc. but that does not make for a sizable sampling of the population never mind a national trend.  You have your work cut out for you.  You need to speak to approximately over 600 people per day until Election Day in just the state of Pennsylvania alone.  Get cracking!

Use common sense.

But fine.

I understand why you folks want so desperately to remain in denial.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Use common sense.

But fine.

This is good advice -- try it on yourself. 

Ask yourself why, after Hillary Clinton proved to be the most unlikable and unelectable candidate in modern history (due to her history of corruption, elitism, and graft) the DNC would decide four years later to run an even worse candidate who suffers all the same character flaws (a history of corruption, elitism, and graft)? 

The answer is, because like you, they've learned nothing about why Trump won in 2016. And that's why they'll lose (again) in 2020.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Everything. Trump did not win because people stayed home. Trump won for a host of reasons, primarily because he won over voters the DNC took for granted for decades in PA, WI, MI, and OH. 

You've learned nothing from 2016. Nothing. 

That's why the next 8 months will be hilarious to watch your cognitive dissonance run you ragged. 

Whatever bro.

I get mad at myself every time I take you for being thoughtful and waste my time clicking on your links going down rabbit holes watching propoganda crap like what you just posted as some kind of proof of your argument.

Just proves how flimsy your argument is.

I just hope you'll come back from the Dark Side in November when Trump is ousted.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Use common sense.

But fine.

Common sense tells me that 3 people is not a sizable sample in determining a trend when it comes to Presidential politics.  It does not matter if you know 3 people or if I know 3 people.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is good advice -- try it on yourself. 

Ask yourself why, after Hillary Clinton proved to be the most unlikable and unelectable candidate in modern history (due to her history of corruption, elitism, and graft) the DNC would decide four years later to run an even worse candidate who suffers all the same character flaws (a history of corruption, elitism, and graft)? 

The answer is, because like you, they've learned nothing about why Trump won in 2016. And that's why they'll lose (again) in 2020.

giphy.gif

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Whatever bro.

I get mad at myself every time I take you for being thoughtful and waste my time clicking on your links going down rabbit holes watching propoganda crap like what you just posted as some kind of proof of your argument.

Just proves how flimsy your argument is.

I just hope you'll come back from the Dark Side in November when Trump is ousted.

That's not propaganda. That's Michael Moore talking about why Trump would win in October of 2016 as a warning

You keep proving that you're not a serious person, let alone thinker. 

(and when you get flustered because you can't argue fact rather than emotion, fall back on gifs like a good little NPC)

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Common sense tells me that 3 people is not a sizable sample in determining a trend when it comes to Presidential politics.  It does not matter if you know 3 people or if I know 3 people.  

Out of that ENTIRE post, you pull that one line?

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's not propaganda. That's Michael Moore talking about why Trump would win in October of 2016 as a warning

You keep proving that you're not a serious person, let alone thinker. 

(and when you get flustered because you can't argue fact rather than emotion, fall back on gifs like a good little NPC)

How ironic considering I'm the one who just argued fact and you're the one who argued emotion with that propoganda

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Out of that ENTIRE post, you pull that one line?

giphy.gif

It's the only thing that matters and you know it.  Batman knows it.  Captain Picard knows it and down the line.  Reality will come crashing down on you come this November. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

BREAKING NEWS: Joe Biden offered a compromise today, proposing the elimination of the AR-14 and in turn he would not go after any other weapons. UAW members, who happened to be in attendance, readily agreed. 

Are you mocking Joe for his stutter?   You know the stutter he's had since he was a kid?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He won because everyone thought the Democratic nominee would be the inevitable winner, so they stayed home because they thought their vote would mean less.

So the person who had the most votes lost because everyone stayed home? 

Yeesh.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I will vote Biden over Trump

I will vote Sanders over Trump

I will vote Gabbard over Trump

Whoever the Democratic nominee over Trump.  Period.

And there are a loooOOOOOOOttt  of people in this Country who feel the same.

But didn't 99% of those people feel the same four years ago?   The question is, who's voting for Early Stage Joe that didn't vote for Hillary?

p.s.  If you'd have said Tulsi I might have agreed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

As a conservative, Bernie scares me the most because he actually has built a solid demographic of voters... idk why the dems don’t get behind him since his vision has laid out the foundation for the Democratic Party to build upon.

Unlike Biden, because I have no idea what his plan or vision for America is. 

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

As a conservative, Bernie scares me the most because he actually has built a solid demographic of voters... idk why the dems don’t get behind him since his vision has laid out the foundation for the Democratic Party to build upon.

Unlike Biden, because I have no idea what his plan or vision for America is. 

That's okay, neither does he.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Crayola64 said:

how confident are conservatives here that trump will beat biden?  Can we get some good bets going?

That depends. How confident are liberals that Joe isn't on a tapioca-only diet by Christmas? 

He's so close to full blown dementia, he makes me think Hillary can navigate a street curb all by herself.

And we all know she can't. 

13 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

That depends. How confident are liberals that Joe isn't on a tapioca-only diet by Christmas? 

He's so close to full blown dementia, he makes me think Hillary can navigate a street curb all by herself.

And we all know she can't. 

THE MEDIA IS PUSHING A NARRATIVE

UMMMM THE MIDEA IS TELLIN ME BIDEN IS DEMENTED AND I BELIEVVE ITTT

7 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

THE MEDIA IS PUSHING A NARRATIVE

UMMMM THE MIDEA IS TELLIN ME BIDEN IS DEMENTED AND I BELIEVVE ITTT

You think I need the media to point out Biden's dementia?

That's funny.

The dude can't remember names, places, jobs, family, and then he tells voters to go eff themselves, and calls them pony faced liars.

At this point, you better HOPE it's just dementia. Heaven forbid he's just an effin' moron.

Ask some liberal friends what they think.

Go ahead. Ask them.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

so... does Bernie drop out and endorse Joe before the next Primary?

I doubt it.

He would be smart to hang in there till Biden's (inevitable) major misstep

and hope for a brokered convention.

Why go back to the Senate anyway ? They're not doing anything (except adding judges)

• Like (+1) 2

JOE BIDEN: Hide the (Cognitive) Decline. 

“One or two senior moments on the campaign trail wouldn’t have hurt him (mainly because of the (D) after his name).

But it’s not one or two a campaign, it’s one or two an appearance, it’s mistakes segueing into non-sequiturs segueing into a buffet of word salads.”

He also seems to be getting shorter-tempered and meaner, which in my experience are both signs of dementia.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1