Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

I don't disagree, but I am mystified how they will promote this to the American people...............other than her skin pigmentation and genitalia.

She served in the Georgia State House of Representatives from 2006 to 2017,  dropped out for an unsuccessful run for governor.

HOW is she someone who should be Vice President of the United States ??

In much the same way Biden "should be" President....

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I'd there is a helluva lot more to it than "female"......Jesus, she garnered a whopping 21% of the vote in MA, her own state, for 3rd place...."hometown folks in the (better) know"?....hmmm...

To be fair, voters often will vote for the two front runners to make their vote count.  Klobachar was smart enough to get out before Minnesota voted.  Warren's downfall was she was wishy washy on her healthcare stance which is the most important issue for democratic voters.  She released a M4A plan and when that didn't take off she switched it to a public option. 

Then she got desperate as her poll numbers slid and played the sexism card against Bernie after hiring Harris/Clinton staffers.   Just a lack of authenticity and consistency in her message was the downfall of her campaign.

20 minutes ago, Hedge said:

? The media can't even do basic math.

Broken down, had this actually occurred (paying people instead of buying ads), every American would have gotten ~$1.50 - $2.

?? He couldn't even buy every American a McDonalds double cheeseburger which Brian Williams invented by the way.

• Haha (+1) 2

America Isn’t Sexist—Female Democratic Candidates Are Just Awful People. 

“My favorite of all the ridiculous attempts to explain away Warren’s failure was this piece in The Atlantic titled ‘America Punished Elizabeth Warren for Her Competence’.”

To believe that about Liz Warren, you’d have to be as tone-deaf as, well, Liz Warren.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

“My favorite of all the ridiculous attempts to explain away Warren’s failure was this piece in The Atlantic titled ‘America Punished Elizabeth Warren for Her Competence’.”

To believe that about Liz Warren, you’d have to be as tone-deaf as, well, Liz Warren.

With her Indian heritage she never should have had that beer. 

10 hours ago, Hedge said:

Broken down, had this actually occurred (paying people instead of buying ads), every American would have gotten ~$1.50 - $2.

$1,000,000 is pretty close to ~$1.82.

10 hours ago, Hedge said:

He spent $1,000,000 per intersectional feminist far left progressive. If you don't agree with them you aren't an American. 

42 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

$1,000,000 is pretty close to ~$1.82.

She just rounded up is all. You know, like when HAHA Gator thought there were 48 weeks in a year because he rounded down to 4 weeks in a month and multiplied that by 12?

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

To believe that about Liz Warren, you’d have to be as tone-deaf as, well, Liz Warren..

A female candidate did win the Democratic nomination in 2016.  I don't remember pieces written like that in The Atlantic when Carly Firiona dropped out.  Actually, Michelle Bachmann would be the better example since she flirted as the front runner for a little bit like Warren.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 1915 Buffalo Bill Cody fan said:

Good riddance Pocahontas resign from the SENATE ALSO.....MAYBE DR Jill Stein can replace you ....she got through medical school without pretending to be an ILLINI @rochester rob Biden has one chance in hell to win : name Bernie veep like JFK named rival LBJ

This is the second time I have been flagged for contributing to this thread and I have to say it ain't me. There are two rochester robs on the board I don't use caps in my name and he uses no space between roch and rob. I appriciate the notes but agin it isn't me. He joined way later but is much more of a poster. :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On March 5, 2020 at 6:53 PM, Doc Brown said:

I guess but if you believe in lanes than Texas would lean moderate if you combine Biden's and Bloomberg's votes.

Nobody from Texas voted for Bloomberg.  They were from Tejas.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

A female candidate did win the Democratic nomination in 2016.  I don't remember pieces written like that in The Atlantic when Carly Firiona dropped out.  Actually, Michelle Bachmann would be the better example since she flirted as the front runner for a little bit like Warren.

I think the filet show did Michelle Bachman in.

@Doc Brown breast cancer is epidemic in USA and less than 1% of victims are men....our nation is over 99% sexist and BILLARY rigging DNC since 2015 is zero % reversing sexism.... Pocahontas is inept as a Senator and cannot contain her zionism bragging about Israeli murdering Palestinians in shrinking apartheid ghettos....another reason to BOYCOTT the Atlantic rag for publishing lies favoring a war criminal but fails to credit Tulsi for growing a conscience to condemn : " regime change wars " .... you'll know sexism is waning when Amber Alerts are expanded to include women not just abducted children

On 3/6/2020 at 3:24 AM, Hedge said:

I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you if you think this is the mainstream media getting dumber or "high on their own supply" or whatever. 

Note how all of a sudden Bernie is a Russian stooge and his anti-war positions are just another convenient way for our enemies to exploit us: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/05/world/europe/bernie-sanders-soviet-russia.html

The Cathedral has stopped pretending. Why? Because the narrative has broken and it has forced them to be more and more transparent and obvious with their goals. 

People who think a NYT editor and Brian Williams suddenly can't do simple math because "tHeY dRAnK tHeiR oWn kOoL aID" can't see the forest for the trees. It's a blindingly stupid take that ignores everything that's happened with the media for a dozen years. 

Edited by LeviF91

...hmmm...could this be a coincidental article today??....just askin'...........

What are  hemorrhoids and how can you get rid of them?

By Dr. Manny Alvarez | Fox News

Dear Dr. Manny,

I think I might have a hemorrhoid? But I’m not sure. What is a hemorrhoid and what can I do about it? Is it like a pimple?

Thanks for your question.

Hemorrhoids, or piles, are swollen veins in the rectal area. The walls of these blood vessels often become so thin that they swell and become painful.

Hemorrhoids are one of the causes of rectal bleeding. While that sounds scary, it’s usually not. The hemorrhoid will go away eventually in a couple of weeks, and the skin will heal up again.

You can’t see hemorrhoids typically, because they are far enough up the rectum to be invisible. They also aren’t likely to hurt very much, because there aren’t as many nerves in that area. Occasionally the hemorrhoid will collapse, and when it does, that hurts. A large pink bump will be visible. It will heal on its own, however.

An external hemorrhoid can develop a blood clot, which makes it purple or red. The clot might make the bump itch or hurt even more. After it dissolves, it will still itch.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/what-is-hemorrhoid-how-rid-of-it

FINALLY, JANE FONDA HAS HER CANDIDATE: 

Hollywood’s favorite commie endorses Sanders, the “climate candidate.”

Wow — Biden throws away his “moderate” status, endorses AOC’s Green New Deal, babbles that fossil fuel executives should be jailed, and plastic bags should be banned, and this is the thanks he gets.

Related: Hollywood Mad Warren’s Out: U.S. Would Vote for ‘Coronavirus Before a Woman.’

Why is the Democratic Party such a cesspit of sexism? And why aren’t Democratic primary voters flocking to Tulsi Gabbard?

5 hours ago, 1915 Buffalo Bill Cody fan said:

@Doc Brown breast cancer is epidemic in USA and less than 1% of victims are men....our nation is over 99% sexist and BILLARY rigging DNC since 2015 is zero % reversing sexism.... Pocahontas is inept as a Senator and cannot contain her zionism bragging about Israeli murdering Palestinians in shrinking apartheid ghettos....another reason to BOYCOTT the Atlantic rag for publishing lies favoring a war criminal but fails to credit Tulsi for growing a conscience to condemn : " regime change wars " .... you'll know sexism is waning when Amber Alerts are expanded to include women not just abducted children

Please stop tagging me and I'll vow to try harder to get breast cancer to end sexism once and for all.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

pretty soon we are going to need a ''20 Presidential Election' thread.

https://twitter.com/johnkartch/status/1236373403155804164

We all know he's talking about the top income bracket but this is just one of many reasons he's a terrible candidate.

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I heard that Biden said that people have had their full of winning and we need to return to the Obama era of recoveries. 

Didn't we recover quicker compared to every other advanced country?

Joe will either end up in the fetal position sobbing on the floor within the first half hour or, rush at Trump with arms outstretched trying to grab his throat to strangle him. 

Joe is not cool. He’s about one year away from a nursing home. He’ll seriously breakdown when he loses to Trump. It happened to better/healthier people than this old fart. McGovern left the country for a year or so. Gore left the planet to find his fortune in scams and lies. Hillary couldn’t even give a concession speech and spent two years walking in the woods of Chappaqua. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Biden having problems staying on script in front of a podium.  Imagine how rough things are going to be for him when he's on stage with Trump.

Of course The Narrative will then shift to how Trump is bullying Biden

You know it's coming. Biden loses his s*** during a debate, and it will all be because "Trump is a bully". I can see it, Biden lost, speaking gibberish, and Trump just kind of looking at the camera, and shrugging..."I don't know how to answer that, Joe".

I'm beginning to believe that Biden won't even make it through the primary. I don't know the procedure if he drops out, but I'm confident that the Dems will cook up a new plan to not give the nomination to Ernie.

Edited by 32ABBA

7 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

You know it's coming. Biden loses his s*** during a debate, and it will all be because "Trump is a bully". I can see it, Biden lost, speaking gibberish, and Trump just kind of looking at the camera, and shrugging..."I don't know how to answer that, Joe".

Biden going for the pity *****.

Well, the DNC will carefully craft that narrative, which will be blown up by Biden when he gets in Trump's face and challenges him to a pushup contest.

10 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Well, the DNC will carefully craft that narrative, which will be blown up by Biden when he gets in Trump's face and challenges him to a pushup contest.

I could see Biden coming after Trump both physically, and with schoolyard type personal attacks ("F-you, Trump"), onstage, becoming the embodiment of the raging Leftist, and many people loving him for it. They have so much pent up anger, and like Joe, less and less to lose as Trump pulls away.

Edited by 32ABBA

31 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

I could see Biden coming after Trump both physically, and with schoolyard type personal attacks ("F-you, Trump"), onstage, becoming the embodiment of the raging Leftist, and many people loving him for it. They have so much pent up anger, and like Joe, less and less to lose as Trump pulls away.

I'm good with that. It will push all of the moderates to Trump.

12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Biden having problems staying on script in front of a podium.  Imagine how rough things are going to be for him when he's on stage with Trump.

Of course The Narrative will then shift to how Trump is bullying Biden

i can't see the DNC letting ol'Joe get anywhere near a debate with the Trumpster.

"Joe sprained his brai.. err, ummm foot in a fall last night, unfortunately he will not be able to make it or any for the rest of the election cycle."

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

i can't see the DNC letting ol'Joe get anywhere near a debate with the Trumpster.

"Joe sprained his brai.. err, ummm foot in a fall last night, unfortunately he will not be able to make it or any for the rest of the election cycle."

You have to remember that Trump won't only be debating Biden.  There will be a team of moderators there to assist him.

• Like (+1) 4