Bills reportedly unlikely to trade McCoy and plan to keep him through 2019

YoloinOhio

Since Bell is currently holding out McCoy has the second highest cap hit for Running backs in the NFL ($8.95 million). Next season that number is $9.05 million. Like him or not at 30 I don't think he is worth what cap hit. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/lesean-mccoy-5916/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfrank/2018/07/12/2018-nfl-salaries-leveon-bell-and-the-top-salary-cap-hits-for-running-backs/#3de9e9c23fd3

Depends on what they are willing to give up. If they are desperate and throw a 2nd out, you have to seriously consider that. Shady is obviously not in the long term plans here.

On the other hand we had nothing offensively last week besides him and that has been the case basically his whole time here. If we werent playing allen right now it would probably be a no brainer to pull the trigger. I could see beane wanting to do it but mcdermott not agreeing

Edited by BillsSbSoon

3 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Dude, Goedert was the 49th overall pick in the last draft.

I know, but they also have Ertz.  Crap, I meant to edit my post and mistakenly deleted it...Glad you at least replied to save it ha.  

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I like that the Bills are asking for too much. They don't NEED to trade McCoy. It's Philly that wants him. If they want him bad enough, they'll overpay. If not, then no trade, and the Bills keep their best offensive player (who hasn't yet lost a step, by the way). Win-Win for Buffalo.

You keep writing exactly what I'm about to write! It's a time-saver.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Not to mention the optics that would bring with it when they are ready to spend on free agents in the offseason. Agent: "Bills want to sign you." Player: "So I'll get paid, but they may just trade me in a year or two and I'll have to move my family again? Pass."

Any FA knows that business comes before loyalty--on both sides of the street.   

Trading Shady wouldn't affect future signing decisions...

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The eagles would be much better off signing gillislee or Jamaal Charles and trading for Deone Buchanan or Hassan reddick. Their problems are on D. 

They are lucky they aren't 0-5 because of that defense.  They should be looking for safety or cornerback help because they have some pretty good QBS coming up (Newton, Brees, Goff, Alex Smith and Manning twice) that will cut that secondary off at the knees.   

Edited by dpberr

2 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

That means we are putting a value on him versus just saying we're closed for business. This is interesting. 

I think that the Bills are fools for putting any price on McCoy.  At the very least see if the Eagles throw out a wild offer before speaking up.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Other than Andre Reed...

In all honesty I think Moulds was the most talented of all, but that's a whole different topic and I don't want to derail this thread. FYI, I was being sarcastic about Josh Reed. He made some nice 3rd down catches in his day, but he's no where near the greatest nor the worst.

As far as McCoy goes...If I was the Bills I would only do a player for player exchange unless they can somehow net a 2nd round pick (which they won't get for a 30 yr old RB unless they're truly that desperate) As many others have stated McCoy and Allen have a good relationship and you're taking away one of his few offensive threats and safety valves.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

In all honesty I think Moulds was the most talented of all, but that's a whole different topic and I don't want to derail this thread. FYI, I was being sarcastic about Josh Reed. He made some nice 3rd down catches in his day, but he's no where near the greatest nor the worst.

As far as McCoy goes...If I was the Bills I would only do a player for player exchange unless they can somehow net a 2nd round pick (which they won't get for a 30 yr old RB unless they're truly that desperate) As many others have stated McCoy and Allen have a good relationship and you're taking away one of his few offensive threats and safety valves.

It's all good, brother - my bad :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t say they would give up a 2nd. That’s what it would take imo. Bills already have 10 draft picks and Mccoy is serving a big role to their rookie QB. He’s taking him under his wing and he’s a captain. I don’t see Beane salivating at a mid round pick. 

Maybe kick back a pick or two.  Take their 2nd and send back a 4th and 6th or something like that.