Week 2 Game Day thread Bills vs. Chargers - First Half

2 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

Not really, he’s a rookie making his first start on a team with no OL and a bad staff. 

I don’t understand how being better than Peterman is anything but a sad standard to set. Wouldn’t that be expected from your 7th overall pick? 

3 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

In other NFL news, Ryan Fitzpatrick is facing the defending super bowl champion Eagles. In the firat half he is 14/19 for 271 yds, 3TD, 1 INT and they are up 20-7.

One of the guys on one of the pre-game shows said that the three QBs who threw for 400 yards last week would repeat that feat this week.  Fitzy and Rivers  are looking good for it.  Brees not so much ... only 132 yards in the first half.

..is gonna be a long season and 3-13, 4-12, 5-11, or 6-10 may be accurate.......but Jesus, can we at least APPEAR to be somewhat competitive versus "F Troop"?....defensive guru "Process Boy" is slowly growing irritating until he sees "the tape"....Leslie Frazier is in the Witness Protection Program and not sure what Daboll is doing, but innovative??....

11 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Allen is at fault for that Ingram sack. Again, he has no idea where the rush is coming from. Needs to change the protection there. 

Edit: announcers all over this

I don't think I've seen you post anything except Allen bashing. Hell of a crusade you're on. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Allen is at fault for that Ingram sack. Again, he has no idea where the rush is coming from. Needs to change the protection there. 

Edit: announcers all over this

It was not Allen's fault! Watch it again. The protection was okay and Dion Dawkins at LT was supposed to pick up the outside end rusher in Ingram and instead blocked the DT. So the edge rusher came free, untouched and Ducasse the LG had nobody to block because Dawkins took his man. O lines fault 100% 

the announcer is a joke

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Did you expect something different?  Rookie making his first start, no offensive line, no weapons, and a defense that can't stop a nosebleed.  Not sure what you would expect going into the game.  There is going to be a ton of these this season.  I'm honestly not sure when, or if, we will win a game.

Why do you point at everything all around the QB instead of the QB himself?

He has looked terrible.

And he is not under constant duress on every play.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Disagree.  He's calling it exactly as a veteran QB would.   Which is why the Bills lack of a vet backup to mentor Allen is such an egregious mistake on McBeane's part...

Still say bring in a veteran by to mentor the kid on the bench.  

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I disagree. While I'm sure they're upset that the bills look to be horrible this year, I think they know 100% that this year was gonna be rough 

There's rough and there's embarrassing.  I didn't expect to win many games, but to be absolutely manhandled on both sides of the ball is a tough pill to swallow. The fact that the Ravens beat the hell out of us then got handled pretty easily by the Bengals speaks volumes to how far behind the curve we are right now.

Just now, Bangarang said:

I don’t understand how being better than Peterman is anything but a sad standard to set. Wouldn’t that be expected from your 7th overall pick? 

Well, tell me coach what on earth were you expecting out of Allen today? It’s not like the Bills have had a QB worth a damn in years. The staff started Peterman the first game and we have people on here criticizing Allen in his first start on a TERRIBLE team. 

3 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

The problem was, and i know his sounds ridiculous, but the problem was we made the playoffs last year. Had we not, can anyone honestly say RIGHT NOW that mcd should be given a 3rd year? We were blown out a bunch of times last year too, and its way worse now

He did have a confident locker room last year that felt they could compete with anybody. He might suck. But I'd like to see him coach a roster that isn't getting Beaned by the process.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Allen had made some terrible throws too. 

Of course. I said that he "makes big mistakes." But he's a playmaker with an arm, and Peterman doesn't have any compelling qualities. Trading McCarron based on Peterman's preseason results was folly. 

Well, it's pretty obvious the Bills are going to lose this game and the game next week.  It still looks to me as if Josh Allen has what it takes to develop into a solid starter in the NFL, with a shot at greatness, but he's not there yet.  I also think Tremaine Edmunds is going to be a good one at middle linebacker, but good offenses and smart QBs are going to fake him out and get him to bite on misdirection plays for a while.  The bottom line is if one wants to be a Bills fan, there is still some pain to be endured.  My questions are related to the offensive line.  Personnel wise, the talent level has slipped.  Richie Incognito may be a loony tune, but the man could play offensive guard.  Vlad Ducasse, not so much.  Eric Wood may have been maligned by Bills fans, but he was pretty good.  The Bills are also dealing with a lack of chemistry on the line because of all the switching that was done in the preseason.  The talent level is not going to change, but there is at least a chance that the chemistry will build some, and the line won't be quite ast putrid in a few weeks.

Then of course there is the schedule, which was stacked against the Bills at least in the first few weeks of the season.  At this point, I'm no longer expecting the Bills to make the playoffs, but with Allen and Edmunds having some time to develop, a fairly high draft position (middle of the pack or better) and plenty of cap room, I think they could do some real damage next year.