Nobody should be doubting Beane or McDermott

SoCoBills

2 minutes ago, SoCoBills said:

Thats a Tyrod Taylor led offense for you. Like I said earlier - with that stellar defense if the Browns trot out Mayfield and he’s even half decent they will win a lot of games this year. Also - let’s not act like they didn’t earn those turnovers with Denzel Ward and Myles Garret both looking like super stars and let’s also not pretend that the Steelers aren’t one of the top teams in the AFC that they just went toe to toe with.

I like the Browns and hope they win 8 games. They won't, though; Cincy, Baltimore, and Pitt are a lot better than them. They will win a couple-few games, however. 

Moreover, Tyrod didn't miss a 42 yd fg that would have ended the game. That's the Browns for you.

Edited by dave mcbride

I am not as down on both of those guys as many here, but what have they done so far to deserve having none of their moves or decisions doubted? They have sold off all the talent on this team for picks and freed up future cap space for hopefully some upgrades. Although many have said the FA market in areas of needs look slim. They drafted a very young LBer with a high ceiling but needing development and a QB with a high ceiling but needing alot of development to be the future. They have no current plan for the QB position aside from a 5th round QB who's been a dumpster fire so far, no wide receivers, failed to address the oline after losing a big chunk of it, and put more resources into the defence without really getting g much better results. Plus they are already on another OC.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

:lol:

cordy glenn was hurt more than not

dick incognito lost his mind

seantrel Henderson was trash even when he wasn’t suspended or hurt (as he is again)

35 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Peter respectufully

Glenn had a lower body injury and you know as well as i do that is not a good sign for a line player.....I liked Cordy when healthy to

Richie....feel like we got out of that disaster at just the right time...would you not agree?

Henderson....another player with health issues that frankly was not that good when he WAS healthy

Cordy Glenn is starting for the Bengals. He played on 100% of the snaps in game one.

I am convinced that our Pro Bowl left guard would be just fine within the structure of the team (as he had been) if the Bills did not stupidly try to nickel and dime him (especially given how they wasted money on Corey Coleman for example).

My view of Seantrel is the same as Brian Gaine (our former VP who was hired as GM of the Texans), who signed Seantrel in the off season.  Before he broke his ankle this past weekend, he had been named the starter and reportedly played well in the preseason and in practice against JJ Watt.

Edited by Peter

2 minutes ago, Jobot said:

So what's the defenses excuse??

Talent. It takes time. Unloading that Dareus contract was a start but all that dead cap is brutal right now. Once its freed up more I expect the Bills to get a lot of mid level pieces combined with some nice draft maneuvering. This defense needs to get younger. So some of it is talent. The rest was exhaustion. It’s hard to compete when your offense doesn’t get a single first down to give you a moment to breathe in the entire first half. 

Baltimore also won the battle of play calling early. The coaches did also fail but it’s one game. Players sometimes get out played and coaches sometimes get out coached. I saw both happen. 

Edited by SoCoBills

To the OP

I hear what you are saying.....I think your drawing a lot of ire from a select group of our board telling them that they cant question McD and Beane

I personally think its ok to question....just have a take that makes sense and not just raging.

For instance....telling a management group that they are aweful after one game into the next season after just coming off a playoff birth in the middle of a rebiuld?  In my opinion that makes you look foolish.

Nobody likes to lose....but this might be a losing year as we eat the crap sandwich of this dead cap money year....that is just reality.

1 hour ago, SoCoBills said:

These guys have a plan. Unfortunately though sometimes plans can be thrown off the rails by uncontrollable occurrences and even the best laid plans burn to ashes. 

When the Bills were scouting throughout 2017 they knew they were happy with their interior OL and they knew they wanted to get this team it’s new Franchise Quarterback while also trying to fill a massive hole at middle linebacker. The Bills made moves to make that happen. 

Unfortunately the first bomb fell and blew apart the process when Eric Wood’s post season diagnosis and resulting retirement came to be. Looking over the roster though the Bills felt decent about how Groy performed in his absence and brought in Bodine as insurance. OKAY, fine. Understandable. We still have Richie, a promising prospect in Dawkins and draft capital to add more pieces without mortgaging the future. 

Then another shock ripples through the plan and breaks it to pieces. Incognito literally loses his mind and renigs on his restructured deal all the way into retirement. Now what? At this point the Bills again, and wisely decided to stick to the plan.

You lost me right there.  That's an oxymoron.

If a plan can't change to reflect critical new information or altered circumstances, it's a bad plan and deserves to be criticized, not given accolades like "wise" and placed beyond doubt.

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I overall still like McDermott.  But that doesn't mean I like everything about him.  My pendulum will swing back and forth on him.....

What about his face? I definitely don’t like his face. 

Beane’s either, for that matter.

I can be on board with getting draft picks and cleaning up the salary cap.  The team was pretty much at their ceiling as a 9-10 win team and was going to get cost prohibitive.

The FA signings concern me.

Star was a terrible signing, overpaying a DT who doesn't pass rush.  Bodine was a terrible signing, Bengals fans were laughing at that one immediately.  Newhouse was a bad signing, doubling down on one bad RT in Mills with a second in Newhouse.  I don't think Ivory is anything special, he was terrible last year in Jacksonville.  Murphy is J.A.G.  It seems they had no real interest in McCarron, or in bringing in a vet who would push Peterman (not even push Allen, they didn't want to push Peterman).  Nothing was done to address what was a poor WR group last year.

I know, I know, "Comp Picks" but they basically traded a 3rd round pick for Holmes, Ryan Davis and Dimarco last year, that's a terrible deal.

Pushing out talented players who can be a headache and insisting on a certain type of player speaks to weak leadership that lacks self confidence IMO.

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

Cordy Glenn is starting for the Bengals. He played on 100% of the snaps in game one.

I am convinced that our Pro Bowl left guard would be just fine within the structure of the team (as he had been) if the Bills did not stupidly try to nickel and dime him (especially given how they wasted money on Corey Coleman for example).

My view of Seantrel is the same as Brian Gaine (our former VP who was hired as GM of the Texans), who signed Seantrel in the off season.  Before he broke his ankle this past weekend, he had named the starter and reportedly played well in the preseason and in practice against JJ Watt.

You are entitled to your opinion.....I hope Cordy stays healthy I like him.  I can understand what the bills did with Dawkins playing well and the risk that Cordy brought...it was a gamble.   I would have liked to see a Cordy/Dawkins bookends but it was not to be.

To be convinced that a mentally disturbed person is going to be reliable is folly.....I am in the field and Cog was a ticking time bomb....and getting older at that.

Seantrel had this pattern of playing well until he got comfortable in my opinion....then things started happening....lazy play....medical issues....etc

2 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

You don’t know that.

you like Seantrel because he’s a Miami guy. 

Let’s keep it real

1) I do not know for sure, but I do believe it.

2) I am somewhat partial to Seantrel because he is a Miami guy (I am a UM season ticket holder), but there are plenty of former Miami players that I would not feel the same way about.  Maybe it is because of my history watching Seantrel play (with UM and the Bills) and seeing what he has gone through that has convinced me that he would be an upgrade for the Bills.  I guess I see the same thing in Seantrel as Brian Gaine (Texans GM and former Bills VP) sees in him.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You lost me right there.  That's an oxymoron.

If a plan can't change to reflect critical new information or altered circumstances, it's a bad plan and deserves to be criticized, not given accolades like "wise" etc.

There just wasn’t much there as options IMO. You could have kicked the tires perhaps on some guys or overpaid for people that wouldn’t be in the long term plans of the future and would result in dead cap later with questionable results I suppose but sometimes you have to take some lumps to build a winner. 

Would you you rather have Edmunds and his elite looking level talent or would you rather the Bills have stayed put and taken a shot at a center and a guard with their next couple of picks? I personally want the dude who looks like he’s going to be elite for the next decade. I’m a BPA guy over a need guy in instances like this. 

Edited by SoCoBills

I agree that McBeane have a plan and that it was probably always a 3-4 year plan. I respect that and am willing to wait and see how next offseason goes since it will be a huge one for them considering the cap space they'll finally have available.

HOWEVER, it's impossible to look at the moves that Beane has made as GM and not come away at least significantly nervous about him. Setting the draft picks aside since they're basically all TBD at the moment, here's a recap of pretty much all of the significant moves he's made:

Sammy for Gaines/2nd: Will boil down to how Allen/Edmunds turn out (I can't remember which guy they used this pick to trade up for). It would obviously be nice right now to have a good WR though.
Ragland for a 4th: TBD
Darby for Matthews & Harrison Phillips: Looks like a loss, but depends on Phillips
Russell Bodine: Couldn't even beat out Groy
Corey Coleman: Basically just lit $3 million on fire and are now paying him to play for the Patriots.
McCarron: Sucks so bad that we're stuck with Peterman or the option of killing Allen
Benjamin Trade: Looks awful right now
Vontae: Signed for more (if I remember right) money than EJ Gaines (a good starter) and he's a healthy scratch.
Trent Murphy: Looks bad/injury issues
Star: Was a bad signing from the get-go. Add in the fact that they moved Dareus' contract to have the ability to sign Star to an even worse contract...
Ivory: one of the most expensive backup RBs in the league and he's not even the primary backup.

It's a pretty horrible track record at the moment, and we're entrusting this guy to spend a ton of money this offseason.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SoCoBills said:

I’m not even going to bother with those incapable of showing proper respect or at least courtesy to other forum members. 

That said, I stand by my OP. I’m not claiming anyone is God’s Gift to football but I do like some of the young players. I think next year we will be competitive though not great and the year after we are a playoff team if they keep things rolling as they have been. 

Right now there are too many pieces to fill. McCoy won’t be here beyond next year IMO. The Bills will get some pieces via draft and FA. To score big on both Edmunds and Allen like I feel we have and to get a long term contributor in Phillips like I feel we have in one draft is phenomenal.

Also because there was a Tyrod mention. Tyrod had a very long time to throw last year before taking off. Tyrod doesn’t see the field and or doesn’t trust his eyes. He has so few turnovers because he rarely takes any chances and rarely throws the ball down the field. That’s why he rarely throws for over 150 yards in any game. Tyrod is serviceable as a backup or on teams that want to ground and pound and win with defense. IMO Cleveland wins week 1 over Pittsburgh if they have Baker in over Tyrod but now we are getting off topic. 

The Browns are a great example though. They are going the route of some of the better organizations. The Rams a few years back are another example. A team wins only a few games for one or two years. Gets building blocks for the future, stays the course and then the future is bright for the next decade. I see the Bills going in that direction right now, but hopefully with some more wins. 

The Browns have won 1 game out of the last 33. They need to start winning before you can annoint them as a good example. How many number 1 and number 2 draft picks are on their current roster over the past 5 years? I still think they are a dumpster fire like us.

7 minutes ago, SoCoBills said:

There just wasn’t much there as options IMO. You could have kicked the tires perhaps on some guys or overpaid for people that wouldn’t be in the long term plans of the future and would result in dead cap later with questionable results I suppose but sometimes you have to take some lumps to build a winner. 

Is that going to be the excuse this next season?

There were FA OLmen other than Bodine available.

There were Olmen in the draft.

Our FO made choices.  Different choices were possible.

You can endorse their choices as "lumps to build a winner", but the fact is, they made choices that excluded options that were available, and their choices are open to being questioned as good choices in view of current data.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I agree that McBeane have a plan and that it was probably always a 3-4 year plan. I respect that and am willing to wait and see how next offseason goes since it will be a huge one for them considering the cap space they'll finally have available.

HOWEVER, it's impossible to look at the moves that Beane has made as GM and not come away at least significantly nervous about him. Setting the draft picks aside since they're basically all TBD at the moment, here's a recap of pretty much all of the significant moves he's made:

Sammy for Gaines/2nd: Will boil down to how Allen/Edmunds turn out (I can't remember which guy they used this pick to trade up for). It would obviously be nice right now to have a good WR though.
Ragland for a 4th: TBD
Darby for Matthews & Harrison Phillips: Looks like a loss, but depends on Phillips
Russell Bodine: Couldn't even beat out Groy
Corey Coleman: Basically just lit $3 million on fire and are now paying him to play for the Patriots.
McCarron: Sucks so bad that we're stuck with Peterman or the option of killing Allen
Benjamin Trade: Looks awful right now
Vontae: Signed for more (if I remember right) money than EJ Gaines (a good starter) and he's a healthy scratch.
Trent Murphy: Looks bad/injury issues
Star: Was a bad signing from the get-go. Add in the fact that they moved Dareus' contract to have the ability to sign Star to an even worse contract...
Ivory: one of the most expensive backup RBs in the league and he's not even the primary backup.

It's a pretty horrible track record at the moment, and we're entrusting this guy to spend a ton of money this offseason.

This stuff I can get on board with. I’m not happy with some of these fill in players. But IMO I don’t think these guys are here to be the future. I think each of them has a role to play and the goal was to stay competitive enough to not be a disservice to the city while the transition/rebuild happens.  The Darby trade is one that stands out to me as poor but these things unfortunately happen when regimes are constantly changing. That’s just how things always seem to go in the NFL. 

For that hat reason I also choose to air on the side of wait and see at this point. 

2 hours ago, SoCoBills said:

These guys have a plan. Unfortunately though sometimes plans can be thrown off the rails by uncontrollable occurrences and even the best laid plans burn to ashes. 

When the Bills were scouting throughout 2017 they knew they were happy with their interior OL and they knew they wanted to get this team it’s new Franchise Quarterback while also trying to fill a massive hole at middle linebacker. The Bills made moves to make that happen. 

Unfortunately the first bomb fell and blew apart the process when Eric Wood’s post season diagnosis and resulting retirement came to be. Looking over the roster though the Bills felt decent about how Groy performed in his absence and brought in Bodine as insurance. OKAY, fine. Understandable. We still have Richie, a promising prospect in Dawkins and draft capital to add more pieces without mortgaging the future. 

Then another shock ripples through the plan and breaks it to pieces. Incognito literally loses his mind and renigs on his restructured deal all the way into retirement. Now what? At this point the Bills again, and wisely decided to stick to the plan. Draft your future at QB and draft your leader on defense who already looks like he has stardom in his future. If there is one villain in this story it is certainly Incognito but as he’s faded into the shadows of the Twitter-verse and out of relevance the blame fingers had to find somewhere else to point. 

Going into next year the Bills have young talent emerging, they have some draft capital and they have a heck of a lot of cap space being freed up to build a heck of a football team for years to come. 

Unfortunately this year could be painful. They couldn’t have planned for Richie to lose his mind and chose to stay the course rather than trying to compete on the FA market for replacements which could impact future cap plans/space. Sure there were some misfires - Davis appears to be one and the jury is still out on Star. 

The FA market right now isn’t exactly a shining beacon of light when it comes to offensive line talent. I don’t think they ever meant to phone in this season. I believe they very much so want to win but I also believe they see the big picture and if I had to guess they know that the Pegulas share their vision and are committed to them beyond this year. 

I believe Beane and McD are constantly evaluating & constantly looking to improve the team but not at the expense of the bigger picture. If we have Wood & Incognito I think we are worlds better than we are right now. I think that makes our offense immediately competent. It’s eye opening to discover exactly how important the big guys along the inside of your OL are when you don’t have any good ones isn’t it?

Why shouldn’t I doubt them?

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

What would it take for you to turn on either of them? I'm seriously asking.

Some people think that since Tom Landry and Chuck Noll took 5 years to get things rolling 50 years ago, that that is way all coaching decisions should be made.  These people think you need to wait many many years. Ignoring the modern realities of salary caps, rookie contracts and free agency. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is that going to be the excuse this next season?

There were FA OLmen other than Bodine available.

There were Olmen in the draft.

Our FO made choices.  Different choices were possible.

You can endorse their choices as "lumps to build a winner", but the fact is, they made choices that excluded options that were available, and their choices are open to being questioned as good choices in view of current data.

Certainly not - there will be no excuses next year. I can’t foresee another offseason with your 2 best OL retiring unexpectedly. The Bills will have had plenty of time to come up with plans A, B, C & D in FA and the draft to help protect Allen up front. I do think that will be a top priority in year 2.

What I find interesting is if they are forced to go Allen in week 2 how does that change things? I wouldn’t be at all shocked to see them start looking at FAs or even trades to protect their future. I don’t think any of them wanted Allen in there right now. Certainly not this early but really almost not at all. 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

correct.  Vontae 1 year, $5M, $3M guaranteed.  EJ Gaines 1 year, $4M, $1.4M guaranteed.

Isnt Gaines hurt again already?  Hopefully Vontae just needs a bit more time but honestly the moment I saw him run I felt man does he look old out there.  

18 minutes ago, DougFlutie7 said:

I was done with McDermott when he punted at his own 40 in OT vs the Colts last year. That told me everything I needed to know about him. And I was done with Beane when he let our division rival beat him to the punch for the 3rd pick. Two incompetent morons. It will take 5 years to recover. 

I am wondering what poser you are that has been banned previously

Anybody care to take bets?

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

correct.  Vontae 1 year, $5M, $3M guaranteed.  EJ Gaines 1 year, $4M, $1.4M guaranteed.

The vonte situation does scare me

No deflecting that one

this is all gonna come down to Josh Allen.  If he is the next Favre, they will sign guys and draft guys and make the team legit in 2019 or 2020 at the latest.  if he isn't, they are all gonezo and we'll end up drafting the best qb in the draft in 2019.

the upside of allen is that he's either going to show he's a total stud, or flame out.  he's a sick athlete, cannon arm, big body, and most of all for our team right now, has the confidence of a ten foot man.  he's chomping at the bit to play, while failureman was scared and wanted out from the first snap.

1 hour ago, Jaraxxus said:

Oh look. Another over emotional wrong person. Wood retired before the draft. Incognito well after the draft. 

Wood's need to retire was known at the end of last season, well before FA.

Incognito had his twitter tantrum about his contract April 5.

Incognito asserted he needed to retire because his "liver and kidneys were shutting down" April 10 and was ack'd by NFLPA April 11th.

Draft was April 26-28.

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Can we just change the names on all our wr, oline and dline jerseys to "e.coli" since they are both sh*t.

Harsh.  But funny.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DougFlutie7 said:

Wrong, everyone should be doubting them. Stop pretending their God’s gift to football. Stop for one second and realize this roster is a dumpster fire. 

Maybe.. just maybe..  its not an accident

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

They had plenty of time to adjust to the best 60% of the starting OL leaving. (not enough time left to scout is SO LAME)

Honestly, the OL was not good last year either (or the last 20 years for that matter).

Tyrod/McCoy made them LOOK serviceable because they were quick scramblers.

OL should have been majorly addressed. Been saying it for 20 years... but especially after losing those 3 guys. 

And maybe.... just maybe... they knew and just want to get through the year and gain experience, a nice pick, and the oppertunity to get a clean slate for a more accurate representation of their 'vision'

this season is defacto tanking

over $53 million in DEAD MONEY for 2018.  clearing out all those bad contracts  is painful

2019 is already Projected to have  $90 million in available cap space.....and that includes Clay, Hughes and McCoy who are all likely gone. That puts you near $110 mil.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

What about McDermott's terrible in-game decisions?

.....more concerned about team preparedness (or lack thereof) and no answers from McD, Daboll, Frazier or Castillo vs Ravens.......gashed all pre-season in Run D......gotta be some talent somewhere on the roster (besides the handful of obvious ones) versus a bunch of empty suits.......inability to adjust is a major concern and with Phillip comin' yo town after 424 yds passing ain't good....

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, papazoid said:

over $53 million in DEAD MONEY for 2018.  clearing out all those bad contracts  is painful

2019 is already Projected to have  $90 million in available cap space.....and that includes Clay, Hughes and McCoy who are all likely gone. That puts you near $110 mil.

Talent scouting and coaching helps Belichick gets these no name releases onto the pats, puts them behind Brady and they consistently make the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....more concerned about team preparedness (or lack thereof) and no answers from McD, Daboll, Frazier or Castillo vs Ravens.......gashed all pre-season in Run D......gotta be some talent somewhere on the roster (besides the handful of obvious ones) versus a bunch of empty suits.......inability to adjust is a major concern and with Phillip comin' yo town after 424 yds passing ain't good....

Rewatch the game and tell me what adjustments you saw Clappy introduce to try and slow down the offensive onslaught?

Edited by yrly

This pretty much says my point of view... 

For once, I see a plan of action where I haven’t in the past. I saw rosters put together in what seemed like nothing more than a dart throwing contest. This isn’t a Buffalo Bills team whipped up by adding Brandon Spikes, Mike Williams, Bryce Brown and Jerome Felton. This is a methodical, long-term roster building with sustainability in mind. It isn’t the quick-fix that many desperately desire, but that is precisely the reason Sean McDermott has been emphatic that becoming a contender is a “process” that the team and organization must trust.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SoCoBills said:

Talent. It takes time. Unloading that Dareus contract was a start but all that dead cap is brutal right now. Once its freed up more I expect the Bills to get a lot of mid level pieces combined with some nice draft maneuvering. This defense needs to get younger. So some of it is talent. The rest was exhaustion. It’s hard to compete when your offense doesn’t get a single first down to give you a moment to breathe in the entire first half. 

Baltimore also won the battle of play calling early. The coaches did also fail but it’s one game. Players sometimes get out played and coaches sometimes get out coached. I saw both happen. 

SoCo, the point some others see is that Beane's choices CREATED the dead cap situation that is now being used as a rationale to excuse other actions/lack of action.

Those may have been good choices, they may have been hard but necessary choices, or they may have been poor choices, but they are choices, and can be questioned, and in view of other decisions questioned. 

For example, they held a fire sale on Dareus and created $13.5M dead cap; then they signed 29 year old Star Lotulelei to a 5 year, $50M contract with a $6.7M cap hit this year. 

One viewpoint would be they traded a younger player who has shown more talent, for a long-term investment in an older, lesser talent.  Maybe it was a good move, or a necessary move, but can you see that it kind of isn't logically consistent with the idea of lacking the cap space to do anything this past year, AND with needing to get younger?

They created the situation that is now being used to excuse them.  Maybe it's a necessary situation, but the point is, the brutal dead cap and the limited cap space for FA this year are the result of situations they chose.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, colin said:

this is all gonna come down to Josh Allen.  If he is the next Favre, they will sign guys and draft guys and make the team legit in 2019 or 2020 at the latest.  if he isn't, they are all gonezo and we'll end up drafting the best qb in the draft in 2019.

the upside of allen is that he's either going to show he's a total stud, or flame out.  he's a sick athlete, cannon arm, big body, and most of all for our team right now, has the confidence of a ten foot man.  he's chomping at the bit to play, while failureman was scared and wanted out from the first snap.

We'll see if he is legit, but he's got a long way to go and there is no guarantee he is going to make those strides to get there, and I'm not sure they have the offensive staff that will do the best job in helping him get there.  His pocket presence is skittish - he's a good athlete and he sometimes moves well and other times looks very nervous and uncomfortable moving into pressure rather than away from it.  He holds the ball too long and he's not a master of moving around in the pocket or elusive AF, and that results in getting sacked a lot (hello Rob Johnson).  Those are my biggest issues with his game so far, but his footwork looks much, much better and his accuracy does as well from what I saw in college.  Still a lot of things to get corrected and pocket presence isn't the most coachable thing - guys usually have it or they don't and many don't ever get better at it.  However, there are guys like Aaron Rodgers who was sacked a ton early on in his career and got better and more comfortable in the pocket year after year, but also played behind Favre and had time to develop and learn.  It's disheartening to see guys in their first action light it up that the Bills could have had in the past two drafts, and see this QB situation with a guy that looks like he needs a lot more work to be a capable starter - it'll take a few years to tell for sure, but when you see guys as rookies take things by the horns and show command you know they are going to be good most likely, when you see guys like Allen you know its a long road ahead to be good. 

It's not as bad as the Bears situation where they've got to be absolutely kicking themselves for taking Trubisky, but if Allen doesn't show a lot of progress by this time next year it's going to be a huge indictment on the FO and McD who already has trotting Peterman out on a few occasions on the negative side of the ledger.

5 minutes ago, papazoid said:

We shall see who they bring in and who they overpay . . . .

4 minutes ago, yrly said:

Rewatch the game and tell me what adjustments you saw Clappy introduce to try and slow down the offensive onslaught?

...I must have missed something......on their first drive, Ravens moved down the damn field faster than Grant took Richmond....shouldn't that be on Frazier?.......who I still don;t think did squat in the pre-season about the Run D getting gashed badly...no Daboll creativity as in try anything?......Castillo's rock solid OL again?.....hard to watch guys like McVay (CREDIT to Wade as his DC) or Pederson get "it" in their respective 2nd years as HC's (and they don't clap clap clap).....it's too often and "OBDitis" fault....pretty sure one of Moo-Larkey's clubs still holds the team record for most scores on opening drives......come 2nd half adjustments, they got smoked faster than a pork shoulder butt............