Patriots Sign and Cut WR Corey Coleman - Now Signed to NYG 53 Man Roster

26CornerBlitz

Of course they are.  

First two teams that called him were the Pats and Eagles.  Two smart well run teams that know he's got natural physical talent and the league is desperate for WRs.  Well run teams take guys with talent and figure out positions for them to succeed.  Poorly run teams worry too much about what a guy can't do and talk themselves into inferior players who "buy in".

• Like (+1) 10

1 minute ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

It's part of their playbook.  Anyone we cut, no matter the reason, is signed and pumped for any information that they can provide.  They're not the Cheatriots for nothing!

Lmao maybe if you were the Steelers I could see that being true.. but ya NO.. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

That's why I didn't agree with cutting him.

We are paying him to play for somebody else.

We basically just gave Cleveland a 7th round pick to pay for the pats wr

Brilliant.

If he stays on that roster

The thing is, Coleman has tools and talent.  There isnt a better place for him to land to try and restart his career.  I am not gonna freak out cuz Pats signed him, but its reasonable to think that if anyone can help him reach some of his potential its the Pats with BB and Brady.  Will be interesting to watch

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I believe his opinion would be a consensus around the league.

It’s a typical BB move kid has great upside and the risk is very very low. Hell he probably won’t see the field more than a handful of times all season. (And very little after Edelman comes back) they will treat hi. Like Dorset last year. (Who APPEARS be blossoming into a decent WR)

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

It’s a typical BB move kid has great upside and the risk is very very low. Hell he probably won’t see the field more than a handful of times all season. (And very little after Edelman comes back) they will treat hi. Like Dorset last year. (Who APPEARS be blossoming into a decent WR)

Very low risk at the price so why not take a shot.

• Like (+1) 1

Lol good for them, he's been overrated since his days at Baylor. IDC who signs him. The Patriots just have the luxury of giving anyone a chance due to their dominating winning record. It's a win win for them. He has an entitled attitude, it won't last long with BB in New England.