Kelvin Benjamin is NOT a Number 1 WR - Being Phased Out with the Youth Movement

26CornerBlitz

Kelvin Benjamin on the Bills' loss to the Ravens: 'I don't think it was that bad.'

ORCHARD PARK – If this were the game show Jeopardy! and the answer Sean McDermott provided Wednesday was “Absolutely”, what do you think the question would have been?

Did your team stink last week? Have you seen enough of Nathan Peterman to know he can’t function in the NFL? Do you feel like you and Brandon Beane have mismanaged the quarterback situation dating all the way back to the signing of A.J. McCarron?

All of those would work, but the actual question that elicited the “absolutely” response from the Bills coach was, ‘Do you need (wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin and tight end Charles Clay) to be better than they were against the Ravens?’

“Absolutely,” McDermott said without hesitation.

Benjamin apparently didn’t agree with McDermott, and he could not have come off worse during a quick interview with reporters Thursday regarding his performance in the game.

“You just keep going out and playing, nothing you can learn from it,” he said. “It was wet. Just had a couple of drops. Just move on. Correct mistakes that you had in the game. I don’t think it was that bad. It was just a blowout.”

Wasn’t that bad? Just a blowout? How does that sound, Bills fans?

On 9/9/2018 at 5:29 PM, Fadingpain said:

No ****.

Been saying that since the day we acquired him, as has Mike Schopp, by the way!   

Hugely overrated by this board.

I think this is mainly because he was SUCH an upgrade over what we had last year, at the time that we acquired him (and now). It's all about perspective.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Kelvin Benjamin on the Bills' loss to the Ravens: 'I don't think it was that bad.'

ORCHARD PARK – If this were the game show Jeopardy! and the answer Sean McDermott provided Wednesday was “Absolutely”, what do you think the question would have been?

Did your team stink last week? Have you seen enough of Nathan Peterman to know he can’t function in the NFL? Do you feel like you and Brandon Beane have mismanaged the quarterback situation dating all the way back to the signing of A.J. McCarron?

All of those would work, but the actual question that elicited the “absolutely” response from the Bills coach was, ‘Do you need (wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin and tight end Charles Clay) to be better than they were against the Ravens?’

“Absolutely,” McDermott said without hesitation.

Benjamin apparently didn’t agree with McDermott, and he could not have come off worse during a quick interview with reporters Thursday regarding his performance in the game.

“You just keep going out and playing, nothing you can learn from it,” he said. “It was wet. Just had a couple of drops. Just move on. Correct mistakes that you had in the game. I don’t think it was that bad. It was just a blowout.”

Wasn’t that bad? Just a blowout? How does that sound, Bills fans?

It sounds !@#$ing terrible.  This guy is soft as baby shitt.  Their is little pride and competitiveness inside Benjamin if that is how he truly feels about last Sunday.

8 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

It sounds !@#$ing terrible.  This guy is soft as baby shitt.  Their is little pride and competitiveness inside Benjamin if that is how he truly feels about last Sunday.

I don't think he's soft.

I think he just doesn't care.

He's basically Jay Cutler at wr.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
9 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I don't think he's soft.

I think he just doesn't care.

He's basically Jay Cutler at wr.

I know the soft ones when I see them and Kelvin Benjamin is as soft as they come.

12 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I know the soft ones when I see them and Kelvin Benjamin is as soft as they come.

Define soft, oh guru of softness?

Emotionally? I'll give you that, since he never takes responsibility and blames everybody else

Physically? Other than his injuries I think he takes some good hits and plays tough when he wants to.

That's why he's so infuriating.

He has the ability he just doesn't care.

It's a flipping contract year and he's just like "meh"

17 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Beane and McDermott can't use any excuse that they weren't familiar with exactly who he is as a person and player.

Weird thing is that this is the same duo that preaches effort and accountability. With the lack of effort from key players and the numerous penalties, this message is ringing hollow at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Weird thing is that this is the same duo that preaches effort and accountability. With the lack of effort from key players and the numerous penalties, this message is ringing hollow at the moment. 

He's not acting or playing like a "Process" guy. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
24 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Define soft, oh guru of softness?

Emotionally? I'll give you that, since he never takes responsibility and blames everybody else

Physically? Other than his injuries I think he takes some good hits and plays tough when he wants to.

That's why he's so infuriating.

He has the ability he just doesn't care.

It's a flipping contract year and he's just like "meh"

You can't see it?  It's pretty obvious.  Maybe you are just too young and don't have enough life experience.

He short armed the Allen end zone pass because there were defenders around.  He complained about the weather last Sunday and has had other excuses for his lack of production in the past, like blaming Cam Newton lol.  

Also the way he carries himself.  The guy is soft and it is obvious.  I think most people can see it.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

11 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

You can't see it?  It's pretty obvious.  Maybe you are just too young and don't have enough life experience.

He short armed the Allen end zone pass because there were defenders around.  He complained about the weather last Sunday and has had other excuses for his lack of production in the past, like blaming Cam Newton lol.  

Also the way he carries himself.  The guy is soft and it is obvious.  I think most people can see it.

WRs sometimes like to think they are above shutting the blank up and doing their job, they think their personality is more important

it's barely tolerable for the great WRs to prance and mouth around   :(

8 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Too young or don't have enough life experiences?

I asked you to define what means "soft" to you.

It's a pretty broad term.

It's hard to know if he's "soft" when he's not even trying out there.

Keep acting like you know me though btw.

On 9/9/2018 at 2:28 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

This guy looks slow, does not make plays for his QB, has compete, and focus issues.

No way I sign him to a big deal. 

I could not agree more. We need some real receivers around here.

We need receivers with some “dog” in them. some attitude and passion. Not Dez though, more like Robert woods type of effort level.

Edited by SJDK
Punctuation

On 9/13/2018 at 7:04 AM, SoCal Deek said:

This same obvious lack of effort worked for other Bills ‘stars’ in the past. Boldin, Leinart, Mario and Dareus all used it as a ticket out of WNY.  A couple of them before they were ever  assigned a locker!

Intriguing post, some i agree with some not but certainly is a possibility.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Too young or don't have enough life experiences?

I asked you to define what means "soft" to you.

It's a pretty broad term.

It's hard to know if he's "soft" when he's not even trying out there.

Keep acting like you know me though btw.

I think we can all agree that I know you pretty well.  

Soft really isn't a broad term.  It just means when things are tougher than average to do, soft people shy away or don't follow through.  It's why Benjamin short arms passes, complains about rain and has never been in great shape during his career.  That is soft.  When things are tough, he always comes up short, hence soft as baby shitt.   Benjamin's softness couldn't be more obvious?  Don't believe me? Create a poll and see the results.  

2 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Soft really isn't a broad term.  It just means when things are tougher than average to do, soft people shy away or don't follow through.  It's why Benjamin short arms passes, complains about rain and has never been in great shape during his career.  That is soft.  When things are tough, he always comes up short, hence soft as baby shitt.   Benjamin's softness couldn't be more obvious?  Don't believe me? Create a poll and see the results.  

People can agree you know me pretty well?

I'm done with you, jack@ss.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

People can agree you know me pretty well?

I'm done with you, jack@ss.

That's called a joke buddy.  I know, I'm not your buddy, guy.  You get pretty worked up about not knowing how to tell if someone is soft.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

13 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Ray Lewis

Bruce Smith

Richard Sherman

Dick Butkus

Ray Nitschke

not soft

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Exactly,  if you are emotionally and mentally soft, it doesn't matter how much physicality you have. I say force KB to become a smaller pass catching TE or dump his ass.

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Or we dont understand the process ?

Maybe it's just me, but after last weekend every time I hear "process" I think about nasty cheese
image.png.2e80f473c6dd49076963295aeeb1acc4.png

I "get it" that our FO and coach was obviously setting us up for a rebuilding year, but rebuilding is one thing

Getting your ass whupped in all 3 phases of the game in part due to what look like scheme failures, is another.

• Like (+1) 1

KB has had a major case of Alligator arms all preseason and week 1.  His routes look half a** too.  The only time this guy showed any fire was first preseason game against his old team and on the first drive when he was playing a soft vanilla D and was pissed about Cam altercation before game.  Since then he plays like he doesn’t care.

How is Streater not on this roster?  He was the BEST WR all preseason and camp.  

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe it's just me, but after last weekend every time I hear "process" I think about nasty cheese
image.png.2e80f473c6dd49076963295aeeb1acc4.png

I "get it" that our FO and coach was obviously setting us up for a rebuilding year, but rebuilding is one thing

Getting your ass whupped in all 3 phases of the game in part due to what look like scheme failures, is another.

It did make it worse with special teams getting drubbed

Following the Ravens debacle, watched an interview with Kelvin Benjamin. He came across as disinterested, unaccountable, and a prima donna (e.g "I'm the #1 receiver, right"). Sal Maiorana had a similar take (see attached article). If the FO is looking for players with character, what were Beane and McDermott thinking? Going forward is KB part of the problem or solution?

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/09/14/buffalo-bills-offense-kelvin-benjamin-and-charles-clay-lack-passing-game-josh-allen/1288972002/

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

rod streater  and brandon reilly = better than kb and kerley....no dis respect to kerley, but if this staff is going to preach growth and process, why not do it with younger,hungrier players at all positions....

Come on man.  No. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Come on man.  No. 

i said no disrespect to kerley,   but come on, this wr corp is old and it will end up taking too long to get caught up with the rest of the young talent infused with the team. kb's gonna be covered like a blanket all year.  one deep safety to cover zay and a nickel d will take out kerley....now what?

half the linebackers in the league can cover clay.    croom may get open but won't get targeted.  unless they start throwing to shady and ivory we ain't gonna get it done through the air. need to send foster on a fly route every single play. 

i hope josh is his own man ..