[Vague Title] Richie, Richie, Richie SMH

Watkins90

7 hours ago, thurst44 said:

Except for the fact he IS. The Bills hardly "let Wood go." He retired b/c of a life-threatening injury. They didn't really "let" the tweeter up there go either -- seems more like he just lost his marbles. They traded Cordy (who accounted for 0% of those Pro Bowl appearances, btw) b/c Dawkins played well enough to take his LT spot and Cordy had trouble ever getting on the field. 

Dawkins took his spot but who is the turnstile at RT now. It is great Dawkins looks good, but you stack talent. You don't ship it out because you found some somewhere else.

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm also mad that the GM can't predict groin injuries. I mean, every other GM knows when groin injuries will happen and know to not bring those players in. When will ours learn the mystical arts?

You're making the case for not dumping proven talent like Cordy. He is the only one that anyone could have a gripe with. I will say I liked the return, but I'm not sure about the results. Their is a reason even with his injury history he commanded so much.

But whatever he's not on our team any more so we can just say he's overrated. What happens if woods, Watkins, Goodwin, and him have great years? Are we just going to continue heap praise on these guys running the show? Add Tyrod in that. They won with another GMs team despite every attempt to tear it down. Which is fine. They just better win next year.

7 hours ago, SoTier said:

That line might hold water if the Bills hadn't traded for a WR with chronically bad knees and signed a FA DE who has barely practiced all TC and preseason because of a groin injury.

This regime has groupthink written all over it. It's pretty obvious, how this isn't concerning to fans is beyond me

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's not crazy, he's just an A-hole.

Been true since he left high school. 

I actually think it's both.

I also don't feel that gives him an excuse for being the way he is, i know plenty of crazy people who aren't aholes, I think it's just a fact of who he is:

he'scrazy AND an ahole, and they amplify each other.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Uh, yes he is. Wood retired with injury. He himself "retired" due to mental defect. Only Glenn was "gotten rid of."

Glenn could not stay available, so no big loss there IMO.  I think Beane planned on having Wood & Incognito here this season, but then boom, that fell apart rather quickly.  Not sure there was an immediate fix for that. Even next years cap may not be a fix, might be a situation where the OL has to be rebuilt through the draft, taking multiple drafts.

6 hours ago, Dr. Fong said:

Reneged is the word you’re looking for. Hopefully. 

Wow, almost busted out laughing here at work.

16 hours ago, WMDman said:

he asked for a release, wood retired....not exactly sure what the bills were supposed to do...

His agent agree'd to a reduced contract & i'm pretty sure he didn't just do the deal with no communication with Richie at all then once he thought about it he got pissed & asked to be let go which looking at it now was a blessing for the Bills !! 

E. Woods deal sucked for the Bills he was a steady leader but the Bills did the right thing in letting him determine his contract after giving all to the team & the game  that Wood did.

Cordy's deal at first i was a bit against mainly because he proved the so called experts wrong that he couldn't be a starting LT but after i heard he had a slight injury during the Bengals game i thought maybe it was a good idea by Bean & the cap savings for team building is a no brainer ! 

I hope Richie gets the help he needs he was good here while it lasted but something has set the dude off & he needs to get a grip ! Maybe he was just being good to long while here & it is all bubbling over from keeping it pent up inside ?? 

13 hours ago, Paulus said:

Just no need to be jerky to someone. 

I agree to a extent. I think Richie was jerked around by them, and is arguably considered a cast off.

He wasn't jerked around.  He was just stupid.  He made all of his choices.

16 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Dawkins took his spot but who is the turnstile at RT now. It is great Dawkins looks good, but you stack talent. You don't ship it out because you found some somewhere else.

You're making the case for not dumping proven talent like Cordy. He is the only one that anyone could have a gripe with. I will say I liked the return, but I'm not sure about the results. Their is a reason even with his injury history he commanded so much.

I agree with what you're saying, with the caveat that we don't know what was going on behind the scenes in the locker room.  We don't know if Cordy's body is showing obvious signs of wear and Beane felt it was questionable enough to make the trade worthwhile, for example.  It can add an entirely new dimension to the transaction.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/3/2018 at 4:21 PM, Kmart128 said:

I mean he is not wrong here

Haha he's not in the literal sense. Not at all. Trying to salvage all those confused emojis you just got with those negative rep points

I mean with the mass Exodus we have had on offense, poor coaching, the Chargers fiasco. I think the offense was really pissed off as a whole. Maybe Deonte Thompson didn't want to stay. Glenn really wasn't up for playing hurt for a garbage offense. And Wood and Ritchie didn't see it getting any better. We saw this happen really quickly to an extremely good 49ers linebacking corps. Some units are close (or not close at all) and decide they're fed up with the direction the team was going.

The defense was great and all last season. Just saying I can empathize with the malcontents on offense. Would you play hurt during the Peterman game? You'd come out saying your pulled groin got strained after pick 2.

FWIW I think a lot of them were in Tyrod's camp and didn't like how he was treated. We obviously feel differently but we're not in the locker room!

It's like if the teacher's pet getting heaps of praise while the teacher keeps trashing on your best friend.  You're not going to think that dude is cool, and you're going to be disappointed when your buddy gets sent to juvenile detention school (browns)

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Haha he's not in the literal sense. Not at all. Trying to salvage all those confused emojis you just got with those negative rep points

I mean with the mass Exodus we have had on offense, poor coaching, the Chargers fiasco. I think the offense was really pissed off as a whole. Maybe Deonte Thompson didn't want to stay. Glenn really wasn't up for playing hurt for a garbage offense. And Wood and Ritchie didn't see it getting any better. We saw this happen really quickly to an extremely good 49ers linebacking corps. Some units are close (or not close at all) and decide they're fed up with the direction the team was going.

The defense was great and all last season. Just saying I can empathize with the malcontents on offense. Would you play hurt during the Peterman game? You'd come out saying your pulled groin got strained after pick 2.

FWIW I think a lot of them were in Tyrod's camp and didn't like how he was treated. We obviously feel differently but we're not in the locker room!

It's like if the teacher's pet getting heaps of praise while the teacher keeps trashing on your best friend.  You're not going to think that dude is cool, and you're going to be disappointed when your buddy gets sent to juvenile detention school (browns)

Wtf is this over verbose buffoonery?

On 9/3/2018 at 4:21 PM, Kmart128 said:

Yes he is wrong.  He is very wrong.   

Ritchie retired, then asked to be released.  

Wood had a medical condition which forced his retirements 

Glenn has nit been healthy for 6ge past two season and made a ton of money to not play.  

21 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No question he is ill. He likely has more than one affliction at this point. serious post.

Now i think he is just amusing himself as best he can.

7 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Yes he is wrong.  He is very wrong.   

Ritchie retired, then asked to be released.  

Wood had a medical condition which forced his retirements 

Glenn has nit been healthy for 6ge past two season and made a ton of money to not play.  

I thought it was humor from Kmart. home of the blue light special !

21 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Only end stage liver disease.  He does't have that as an excuse. 

He's simply a POS.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Dr. Fong said:

Reneged is the word you’re looking for. Hopefully. 

racist  ...

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Only end stage liver disease.  He does' have that as an excuse. 

He's simply a POS.

always the HarshingMan aren't you Weo ?

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

racist  ...

always the HarshingMan aren't you Weo ?

Come on...what has this guy done to win your good graces?  A couple of Pro bowls?  He has been like this since college(es).

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

He appeared to go off the rails when the Bills nickel and dimed him on his contract. Should have paid the man.

You need to achieve at least a very basic understanding of this guy's behavior before saying something that embarrassing...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

He appeared to go off the rails when the Bills nickel and dimed him on his contract. Should have paid the man.

If you think it was the bills the pushed incognito over the edge after knowing his history, that’s on you. I loved cogs when he played here, but I think it’s pretty evident that he’s not a healthy man at all. To blame the bills is foolish. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, teef said:

If you think it was the bills the pushed incognito over the edge after knowing his history, that’s on you. I loved cogs when he played here, but I think it’s pretty evident that he’s not a healthy man at all. To blame the bills is foolish. 

The Bills offered him a contact. Would they have done that if he was mentally unstable?

This all started when the Bills cut his salary. That was bush league and penny wise, pound foolish.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:43 PM, Doc said:

The Bills approached him about a pay cut and he accepted.  Had he said "no" they might still have kept him.  Instead he played games and got himself released (and no one knows what went on behind the scenes).  Then he went crazy and killed his chances of ever playing in the NFL again.  You need to accept the consequences of your own behavior.

He is clearly mentally unstable and has issues. Most likely, they were already apparent to the Bills Brass. So no saying he is immaculate and Saint Richie here! But from a business standpoint, unless he was indeed showing signs of being a nutcase, I still can't understand the logic of asking him, of all the Bills players, for a paycut! He was the tag team partner of Shady in the successful Bills run game. A Pro Bowler last year. He was money, football wise, period. Of course Incognito first accepted the deal then went into a psycho spiral that had not ended yet, but still, why the paycut?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

He is clearly mentally unstable and has issues. Most likely, they were already apparent to the Bills Brass. So no saying he is immaculate and Saint Richie here! But from a business standpoint, unless he was indeed showing signs of being a nutcase, I still can't understand the logic of asking him, of all the Bills players, for a paycut! He was the tag team partner of Shady in the successful Bills run game. A Pro Bowler last year. He was money, football wise, period. Of course Incognito first accepted the deal then went into a psycho spiral that had not ended yet, but still, why the paycut?

Do you think the Bills’ brass would have been foolish enough to offer him a contract if they knew he was mentally unstable?

He had some sort of breakdown after the Bills made him a low ball offer.

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Come on...what has this guy done to win your good graces?  A couple of Pro bowls?  He has been like this since college(es).

You need to achieve at least a very basic understanding of this guy's behavior before saying something that embarrassing...

a couple of pro bowls does get me leaning. : )

did he get any all pro votes btw, the ones that truly matter ?

btw he is hardly in my good graces. he smashed up a ferrari with a lowly baseball bat. unforgivable atrocity right there

12 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Do you think the Bills’ brass would have been foolish enough to offer him a contract if they knew he was mentally unstable?

I think after the the accusation of racist comments on the field from a defensive competitor were likely true, and that was the beginning of the end. He was likely become unhinged by then. It went away. but i could guess it was something the Coaches and players saw.
 The Low offer was more likely to ask him to look elsewhere for employment

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

The Bills offered him a contact. Would they have done that if he was mentally unstable?

This all started when the Bills cut his salary. That was bush league and penny wise, pound foolish.

Incorrect.  This all came to the public's attention when Richie threw a public twitter tantrum after agreeing to his new contract.

But the public has absolutely no idea when it started. 

Maybe Richie was off his meds and beginning to act erratic last fall, and that underpins the whole "racist slurs" during the Jax playoff game and motivated the Bills to want to reno his contract.

Or maybe not.  You don't know.  I don't know.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Incorrect.  This all came to the public's attention when Richie threw a public twitter tantrum after agreeing to his new contract.

Maybe Richie was off his meds and beginning to act erratic last fall, and that underpins the whole "racist slurs" during the Jax playoff game and motivated the Bills to want to reno his contract.

The way these things go, even people on the inside may not know how this got so far off track. You may think you know, but it’s only a guess. Mental health can be that way, and trying to see it “rationally” can lead you to bad conclusions. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

How is it possible you can be so unfamiliar with his behavioral history at this point?  Serious question...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

Are you a Bills fan? I'm totally lost by this logic. You either don't know his history or you're trolling. Bush league? That's the nature of that business. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How is it possible you can be so unfamiliar with his behavioral history at this point?  Serious question...

The guy is apart of the Alabama cult. I went to school down there, not Alabama but Texas. The quicker we can be done with him, the better. He's not a bills fan, he's a troll.

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Richie has been known to be off his rocker since his Nebraska days. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Richie has been known to be off his rocker since his Nebraska days. 

Ha!  Well, there's an inch off his rocker, and then there's "attached to his rocker by a 3000 ft tether, like a weather balloon"

When Richie first came into the league, he was a total headcase.  I live in St Louis, I well remember Mike Martz yelling into his headset "WHAT THE F*** is WRONG WITH THAT F***er?" after RI committed3 personal fouls in 5 plays or something like that.  It was bad.  That was "3000 ft tether" time.

On the Dolphins, he learned something about how to channel and control his rage on the field, to the point where he was used as an example for other players of how to play hard but not react to provocation between the whistle.  But, he was still demonstrably an a** off the field and in the locker room.

When he got cut from the Phins, he learned at least how not to act quite as much of an a** off the field.  Moving into a locker room with strong vet leadership on the OL had to help.

So he was maybe, an inch off his rocker when he started with the Bills.

Something seems to have changed, and he's back to the "3000 ft tether" again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Great and “crazy” often come in the same package. He hasn’t cut off an ear, or bit off an ear, but wow....just wow.  It’s a matter of learning to manage it. He had it under control at times, and I pray he finds a way to move forward. 

45 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You don’t offer a guy a contract, low or not, if you you think he’s crazy. That would be stupid and the Bills aren’t stupid.

He started acting eratically after the contract offer. It’s reasonable to surmise that his change of behavior and the contract are related.

It’s clear that he felt he was mistreated.

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What’s your point? The Bills were aware of his history and they signed him twice, and then resigned him. 

It appears that the contract negotiation triggered some sort of breakdown.

The Bills obviously couldn’t have predicted that, but he deserved better than the low ball contract they offered him.

7 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He started acting eratically after the contract offer. It’s reasonable to surmise that his change of behavior and the contract are related.

How do you know this?  Do you have a source in the locker room?  The training room?  Practice?  The streets of Buffalo then Hawaii then wherever else Richie was hanging out?

Rhetorical questions.  You don't, and we know you don't. 

You're just reprising the same assertion  again and again.   It's not unreasonable to surmise the twitter tantrum and the contract were related, but you have no evidence one way or the other whether the contract in any way caused his public meltdown, or whether he was already melting down in practice.

And kindly take note that "erratic behavior" is not a synonym for "crazy".  Someone can have some erratic behavior that is of concern, without being totally nuts.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How do you know this?  Do you have a source in the locker room?  The training room?  Practice?  The streets of Buffalo then Hawaii then wherever else Richie was hanging out?

Rhetorical questions.  You don't, and we know you don't. 

You're just reprising the same assertion  again and again.   It's not unreasonable to surmise the twitter tantrum and the contract were related, but you have no evidence one way or the other whether the contract in any way caused his public meltdown, or whether he was already melting down in practice.

And kindly take note that "erratic behavior" is not a synonym for "crazy".  Someone can have some erratic behavior that is of concern, without being totally nuts.

I am making an educated guess on what triggered his apparent breakdown based on information that has been reported in the press. I don’t have any inside information.

Can you explain why the Bills would offer him a contract if he was “melting down” in practice or showing sign of being mentally unstable? 

2 hours ago, teef said:

I didn’t “blame the Bills”. I suggested that the contract negotiations and the low ball offer likely triggered the breakdown.

I think the low ball offer was rididuolus and they should have maintained his salary.

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/3/2018 at 2:21 PM, Kmart128 said:

Actually he is wrong. 

He retired and Eric Wood was forced to retire. Glenn on the other hand had been injured more than he was on the field and the kid that's starting did a darn good job so it made him expendable. I suppose there could be a case for complaining about Glenn but not him or Wood.

On 9/3/2018 at 5:30 PM, The Red King said:

So...Ritchie retired for "health reasons", then un-retired and asked for a release, which the Bills gave him...and now the juicebag actually has the gall to claim it was the Bills that kicked him to the curb?  What a tool. ?

He retired because the Bills asked him to take a pay cut and he said why would he play for less money and risk furthering his injuries, which is a very valid point imo.

7 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Wtf is this over verbose buffoonery?

Grab a dictionary hahahaha

Cause that was a weak rep point attempt you cretin buffoon irrespectable pile of verbose copycat shenanigan rep point fishers ?

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I believe there was serious concern about this last season after the disaster in the Chargers game but luckily, McDermott managed to regain the locker room.   

After watching the performance of the Bills first teamers in the third preseason game, I'm concerned that the Bills have a serious morale problem again.  There was something off with the starters in that game, almost as if they were going through the motions rather than giving their all.  The 2nd and 3rd teamers were the ones who demonstrated effort and spirit.

10 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

No question he is ill. He likely has more than one affliction at this point. serious post.

Now i think he is just amusing himself as best he can.

I thought it was humor from Kmart. home of the blue light special !

Sort of like the current occupant of the Oval Office.

Edited by SoTier

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

He retired because the Bills asked him to take a pay cut and he said why would he play for less money and risk furthering his injuries, which is a very valid point imo.

Um...no.  First he (and here's the key part) accepted the pay cut.  Then he retired, claiming he had a newly discovered medical condition that forced his retirement.  A medical condition that has since been miraculously cured.

• Like (+1) 1