Sal Carpaccio: Corey Coleman Is In Trouble

Message added by Chandler#81

Cut

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...certainly being late to the party doesn't help.....but if his alleged speed makes him a deep threat factor, he may stick and force one of the youngsters to the PS for now......

See John Ross last sunday for reference perhaps?

• Like (+1) 2

Interesting take from Sal C. on WGR.  He thinks that Corey Coleman is in trouble if making the roster.  He fees that CC hasn’t picked up the offense fast enough and hasn’t done anything to warrant a spot.   He doesn’t feel that giving up a 7th means to trade for him means he’s safe.  He said it’s like taking a taking a flier on a player, and compared it to the Sabres giving up a draft pick to negotiate with a player ( name escapes me).

He was very high high on Ray Ray McLeod and gels Brandon Reilly and Rod Streater have outside chances of making the team 

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Interesting take from Sal C. on WGR.  He thinks that Corey Coleman is in trouble if making the roster.  He fees that CC hasn’t picked up the offense fast enough and hasn’t done anything to warrant a spot.   He doesn’t feel that giving up a 7th means to trade for him means he’s safe.  He said it’s like taking a taking a flier on a player, and compared it to the Sabres giving up a draft pick to negotiate with a player ( name escapes me).

He was very high high on Ray Ray McLeod and gels Brandon Reilly and Rod Streater have outside chances of making the team 

Jimmy Vesey. But GM Tim Murray pissed away a 3rd round pick there.

• Like (+1) 2

Only thing that sucks about cutting him is the $3.5M dead cap hit this year, and $2M next year (according to spotrac/overthecap). Bills don’t save anything by cutting him. 

Im still hoping he sticks around, but I think it’s a long shot. 

For the uninitiated, Sal Carpaccio is a cold dish comprised of raw moustache, pounded thinly, served with arugula, cracked black pepper and drizzle of lemon vinaigrette.   Its the perfect start before the main event, a heaping plate of buscaglio e olio. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The reports coming out of Cleveland about Coleman weren't encouraging: didn't study the playbook, sometimes didn't even know where to line up, didn't always show effort in practice...

DIdn't sound like a McD kind of guy.  If he's cut, I won't be surprised.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

The reports coming out of Cleveland about Coleman weren't encouraging: didn't study the playbook, sometimes didn't even know where to line up, didn't always show effort in practice...

DIdn't sound like a McD kind of guy.  If he's cut, I won't be surprised.  

This is starting to change my mind as wel. But more because in the 2 games he hasn’t done anything on the field. Was thrown to a couple times but no catch. It didn’t look like he was getting any separation when I watched him. Which could be an issue. You can all the speed in the world, but if you cannot use that in your football game, it means nothing. 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

This is starting to change my mind as wel. But more because in the 2 games he hasn’t done anything on the field. Was thrown to a couple times but no catch. It didn’t look like he was getting any separation when I watched him. Which could be an issue. You can all the speed in the world, but if you cannot use that in your football game, it means nothing. 

I could be wrong because I can’t always see who’s out there but I thought McCarron’s passing improved when they sat Coleman’s butt and put someone else out there, possibly due to route running and separation.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

If not getting separation was a pre-requisite for making the team we would go into the season with 5 TEs 5 RBs and no WRs.  :)

I could cover Zay Jones. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

It didn’t look like he was getting any separation when I watched him. Which could be an issue. You can all the speed in the world, but if you cannot use that in your football game, it means nothing. 

I agree.  He may be fast in shorts but it doesn't appear to translate to the field.  Also, his sideline footwork technique seemed a bit sandlot/college.     

Just not seeing much of a 'first round pick" talent from him...

18 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

For the uninitiated, Sal Carpaccio is a cold dish comprised of raw moustache, pounded thinly, served with arugula, cracked black pepper and drizzle of lemon vinaigrette.   Its the perfect start before the main event, a heaping plate of buscaglio e olio. 

Capaccio

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Jimmy Vesey. But GM Tim Murray pissed away a 3rd round pick there.

they probably have about the same chance of having an impact i would think..and the way Beane values picks I am kinda shocked if they cut Coleman..too bad it was not a conditional pick..we sure it was not?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong because I can’t always see who’s out there but I thought McCarron’s passing improved when they sat Coleman’s butt and put someone else out there, possibly due to route running and separation.

It’s like foster. He seems to have great separation, but his awareness to track the ball is horrible. He alligator armed the big deep pass from Allen, gave up on another from Allen, couldn’t keep his feet in bounds on another. And last night would have had a 2nd TD but his placement was all wrong after making his move around the CB into the end zone. 

• Like (+1) 1