Don't cut Reilly

beacon

Best hands on team. NE will grab him in a heartbeat. Keep Benjamin, Jones(?), Kerley, Coleman, Reilly and Streater. Cut Holmes,Proel, Dupre,Klay, and Foster. Practice squad, McCloud, Phillips.  Maybe grab another after cuts for PS. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, beacon said:

Best hands on team. NE will grab him in a heartbeat. Keep Benjamin, Jones(?), Kerley, Coleman, Reilly and Streater. Cut Holmes,Proel, Dupre,Klay, and Foster. Practice squad, McCloud, Phillips.  Maybe grab another after cuts for PS. 

I'll seconded that!

Oh wait,PS,keep Foster

Edited by Buffaloflash

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...CERTANLY agree.....Belichick scoops him to play with Hogan, "that bust" we let slip away...........

No one ever said he was a bust. Just that he wasn’t worth the money he would demand. It hasn’t been proven wrong yet. He’s still nothing special in NE. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

I rather have McCloud than Reilly. That's just me.

Ive watched him at Clemson and I just don't see it. Granted had some good catches at Camp but other than practice squad to make sure he's ready I'd go with Reilly over him all day long.

3 minutes ago, Art in RTP said:

Ive watched him at Clemson and I just don't see it. Granted had some good catches at Camp but other than practice squad to make sure he's ready I'd go with Reilly over him all day long.

Reilly can't return punts or kicks. I would keep McCloud for special teams purpose.

5 minutes ago, Art in RTP said:

Really? Because Reilly has literally done nothing in games this preseason. McCloud has catches, a TD, and plays Special Teams. 

Its not not even close, If Reilly makes the team and McCloud doesn’t ill eat my shoe.

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Really? Because Reilly has literally done nothing in games this preseason. McCloud has catches, a TD, and plays Special Teams. 

Its not not even close, If Reilly makes the team and McCloud doesn’t ill eat my shoe.

They invested a draft pick in Ray ray and Reilly’s injury set him back a lot in the wr competition imo. I think he’s cut and signed to the PS again. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

They invested a draft pick in Ray ray and Reilly’s injury set him back a lot in the wr competition imo. I think he’s cut and signed to the PS again. 

That, and the fact that he’s really just not that good. His ceiling is like Hogan’s. 40 or so catches for 500ish yards, and 4-5 TDs. Not that it wouldn’t help this team, but you’ve got to shoot higher than that if you want to be good. McCloud is an unknown and could have a higher upside. 

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Big "Life of" Reilly fan.  He's had a few too many drops this preseason.  Would like to see him make it, but he's on the cut line.  Gonna need a big game tonight, but it still might not be enough.

You probabaly won’t even notice him in the field. Just like the rest of the ore season games so far. 

46 minutes ago, beacon said:

So for those of us who actually attended practice, such as myself, he had the most drops both times I was there...

Edited by Elite Poster

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I would think that they would sign Proehl if he is cut. Obviously he has struggled, but that's what the Pats do- fix struggles. His family name might get him in the door at least. 

I hope they do, he’s terrible

also they don’t fix all WR struggles. I’m sure there are more examples but Kenny Britt is the most recent example. Bad WR gonna be bad. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

also they don’t fix all WR struggles. I’m sure there are more examples but Kenny Britt is the most recent example. Bad WR gonna be bad. 

Ocho wasn't bad but he was bad there. Actually when he went there he was done and they couldn't fix him 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He's been terrible. Doesn't mean he is terrible. 

For sure, but their track record on nobodies is pretty good. 

2 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Ocho wasn't bad but he was bad there. Actually when he went there he was done and they couldn't fix him 

Same with Eric Decker. And Reggie Wayne. It’s like the rest stop right before retirement. “If Brady can’t squeeze the last tiny bit of productivity out of me, no one can”

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Not sure the preseason love for this guy.. Not even sure he has potential to be an average receiver in this league. He’s not the next cole Beasley/Wes walker/chris hogan.. not even sure he’d make the Riley cooper category of averageness 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

He's been terrible. Doesn't mean he is terrible. 

For sure, but their track record on nobodies is pretty good. 

The nobodies have to be scrappy gym rats who play the game the right way, like Reilly and Proehl.