Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Also, Does him saying "don't @ me" mean that he's distancing himself cause nothing's going to happen? 

Also, I hope he's smart enough to know that if he did all this with no actual knowledge of anything that he will loose a lot of his supporters. 

Probably yes.

And definitely no,  he won't lose a lot of his supporters.

2 minutes ago, jtothebrown said:

My inside sources are telling me there is no Mack or Donald trade talks going on at obd!

How deep inside are those sources?  And do you have any high-level business meetings to get to?

25 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Also, Does him saying "don't @ me" mean that he's distancing himself cause nothing's going to happen? 

Also, I hope he's smart enough to know that if he did all this with no actual knowledge of anything that he will loose a lot of his supporters. 

Not at all... he’s just speculating that there is something else going down and he does have some info on the team. No need to support or not support. He never guaranteed anything. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not at all... he’s just speculating that there is something else going down and he does have some info on the team. No need to support or not support. He never guaranteed anything. 

The thing a lot of people fail to realize is that the team can work on things that never end up materializing into an actual move. It bit Leroi a few times.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don't bring your logic around here. It's not welcome. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

if the Raiders are willing to trade Mack McBean would be the first to call offering draft picks and players... We have a lot of cap space next year.. The only way it happens for this year is if we trade some contracts. Shaq Lawson, Zay Jones and a draft pick? Jerry Hughes and a second round pick? We need to mack cap space for Macks big contract this year... 

Just now, eball said:

How deep inside are those sources?  And do you have any high-level business meetings to get to?

Put it this way,  Beane is looking for players that can be added for depth that may be getting cut after this week. Like all GM's are doing!

I can guarantee without any doubt that Mack will not be a Bill this year!

The Bills have scouts everywhere in every NFL city looking at teams taking notes on all players, grading them and waiting to see how makes the team and who gets cut.

Thats all it is people!

8 minutes ago, eball said:

I actually have a legit source, but they dont run around a tell me everything that goes on in the org.

If something like this was in the works, i would have heard it. 

26 pages on a tweet that has no real news or substance other than what we all already know?  There is 0% chance anyone inside the Bills shared any detailed information with Astro about trades or any other personnel decisions.  At best, Astro just restated a blanket statement someone said that Beane is still open to exploring other trade options...or even just tweeted his own speculative opinion.  

Which we don’t need anyone to tell us anyway as a Beane as proven over and over he will always be open to looking at trade scenarios any time of the year.

This tweet really wasn’t any news, just stating the obvious IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

26 pages on a tweet that has no real news or substance other than what we all already know?  There is 0% chance anyone inside the Bills shared any detailed information with Astro about trades or any other personnel decisions.  At best, Astro just restated a blanket statement someone said that Beane is still open to exploring other trade options...or even just tweeted his own speculative opinion.  

Which we don’t need anyone to tell us anyway as a Beane as proven over and over he will always be open to looking at trade scenarios any time of the year.

Facts!

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Cheerio pisser alert! ? 

are we there yet?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, jtothebrown said:

I actually have a legit source, but they dont run around a tell me everything that goes on in the org.

If something like this was in the works, i would have heard it. 

And no offense meant, but we've been down this road with others before. Why should we believe you?

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I completely agree with you.   However, if there is nothing to it, why make the tweet at all?  And then to top it off, follow up on the tweet?  If you're stating the obvious, preface it by saying "this is only my opinion but" or "I have no inside information but"

Stuff like this is the reason you have Jerry Sullivan on Buffalo Rumblings blasting non-union writers.   I fully support the guy's right to do something he loves, but if he truly had no real information (acknowledging the tweet was cryptic and not specific to Mack) he should have stayed off of twitter, or at the very least been more responsible about it.    Because as it stands now this looks like an attempt to gain twitter followers to push his writing career.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MarkAF43 said:

And no offense meant, but we've been down this road with others before. Why should we believe you?

You shouldnt! But i guess its fun for some to put this out there.

My point is that its very easy to make very bleek comments on this board and sit back and watch ppl get carried away with it.

• Like (+1) 1

I do know several ppl within the org, and like i said they dont call me to tell me things that are happening within, and some of the stuff they do tell me, i dont repeat on a fan forum.

When there is conversation about the team, its not mentioned in gosdip, its more like this guys having a bad traing camp, or the coaches arent fond of this guys attitude or there looking to upgrade this or that.

Every once in a while, there will be some major news such as the team may be looking to trade a player or two, but im not gonna come on here to tell everyone what im being told by ppl that trust me to keep to myself.

5 minutes ago, jtothebrown said:

You shouldnt! But i guess its fun for some to put this out there.

My point is that its very easy to make very bleek comments on this board and sit back and watch ppl get carried away with it.

Yeah again no offense taken, we had people come in claiming they were "in the know" and that really meant they knew nothing.

1 minute ago, jtothebrown said:

I do know several ppl within the org, and like i said they dont call me to tell me things that are happening within, and some of the stuff they do tell me, i dont repeat on a fan forum.

When there is conversation about the team, its not mentioned in gosdip, its more like this guys having a bad traing camp, or the coaches arent fond of this guys attitude or there looking to upgrade this or that.

Every once in a while, there will be some major news such as the team may be looking to trade a player or two, but im not gonna come on here to tell everyone what im being told by ppl that trust me to keep to myself.

That's what I would do if I had a source.  I'm not ruining a luxury like this.  

Just now, MarkAF43 said:

Yeah again no offense taken, we had people come in claiming they were "in the know" and that really meant they knew nothing.

And most dont! Including me. I just saw all of this like everyone else and wanted to end the speculation.

I asked my source and they laughed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

So why didnt he just say he was going off a hunch from the beginning?

Yeah "Beane's not done" sounds like an actual transaction is going to happen as opposed to maybe being considered. The next time Astro says something like this I will not look at it the same way

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It was posters here who started the Mack nonsense from such a vague reference.

Wait, let me get this straight 26CB..this forum took "Beane's not done yet" and morphed it in 26 short pages to Khalil Mack is going to be a Buffalo Bill via trade for either half the existing D-line and the next six #1 draft picks or a bucket of tape.   This forum did that?  No way.... 

Astro contributes/contributed a lot to this forum during training camp and the draft especially.  His training camp reports are things of beauty.  I am willing to let him speculate something may be happening every once in a while.

Just now, JoeF said:

Wait, let me get this straight 26CB..this forum took "Beane's not done yet" and morphed it in 26 short pages to Khalil Mack is going to be a Buffalo Bill via trade for either half the existing D-line and the next six #1 draft picks or a bucket of tape.   This forum did that?  No way.... 

Astro contributes/contributed a lot to this forum during training camp and the draft especially.  His training camp reports are things of beauty.  I am willing to let him speculate something may be happening every once in a while.

I was rather shocked and appalled by this atypical behavior here on TSW. ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It was posters here who started the Mack nonsense from such a vague reference.

Right but when you say "beanes not done" youre saying it as fact and not a hunch. It could mean a trade for anyone but it was dumb to make it seem like he had info and 2 days later back off that and say it was a hunch. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Right but when you say "beanes not done" youre saying it as fact and not a hunch. It could mean a trade for anyone but it was dumb to make it seem like he had info and 2 days later back off that and say it was a hunch. 

Take such things with a high degree of skepticism as they most often amount to nothing. 

• Like (+1) 1