Zay to Active-Non-Football Injury, Palepoi released

32 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Two things...

First, does Zay still count on the 90 man, since he's listed as active? I'm thinking yes.

Secondly, Palepoi (or someone) needed cut due to Allen's signing.

I believe there are no roster spots available as that would make 90, no?

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Two things...

First, does Zay still count on the 90 man, since he's listed as active? I'm thinking yes.

Secondly, Palepoi (or someone) needed cut due to Allen's signing.

I believe there are no roster spots available as that would make 90, no?

Robinson signing yesterday was technically 89, but everyone said that made 90 because Allen was going to sign eventually. Releasing Palepoi brings it back down to 89.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

...just a wild speculative hunch......I think they never activated Reilly so he did not accrue a season, which I believe (NOT sure ) extends his RFA status.....BUT...now the time has come for this kid IMO..............

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, fridge said:

It's not very common to run around a hotel, naked and bloody, and then just go about your life.  I'm not sure why fans are expecting him to be a factor this year.

...off season training....not a big deal, right?...............

26 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

A buddy sent me something from twitter saying he was paged 3 times in the Boston airport. Probably total BS but interesting timing 

paged at Boston-Logan?  He’s not at the JetBlue terminal, that’s for sure!  (Long story...)

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Just sign Dez. These guys are not good enough. KB, Dez and kurley are at least respectable NFL receivers 

...if even Jurrah doesn't want him at a reduced rate, what the hell does THAT tell you?....good Lord.....

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Guess he wasn't trying hard enough.

Cut this slacker.

...don't think I'd test McD's "all football business" fuse.......if it is post surgical "no medical clearance yet", so be it.....once cleared, this kid either goes to work or starts packing PERIOD...

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Robinson signing yesterday was technically 89, but everyone said that made 90 because Allen was going to sign eventually. Releasing Palepoi brings it back down to 89.

No, Robinson made 90 as per WGR yesterday...roster full. Allen's signing meant they had to make a cut. Pelopoi was the choice.

But I just counted 99 on BB.com. Im not sure who counts and who don't,but guessing non-guaranteed contracts don't count.  Robinsons name is there, and Pelopoi's is not, so its been updated....

Edited by BuffAlone

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...don't think I'd test McD's "all football business" fuse.......if it is post surgical "no medical clearance yet", so be it.....once cleared, this kid either goes to work or starts packing PERIOD...

What is Zay Jones really good at?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t think the situation is comparable. We don’t have NFL caliber WRs. We are in desperate need. More so then any other team in the entire league.

...we don't know what the hell we have dammit.....our WR's were INACTIVE most Sundays.....had a better shot at seeing a t-shirt from the stands versus the pigskin....DOWNFIELD was uncharted territory with our highly threatening passing game...convince me otherwise......when a FG kicker has more yards than your "passing" QB, SOMETHING is badly effed up.....Jesus.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What is Zay Jones really good at?

...certainly know and understand the level of collegiate competition....but a 160 catch season has to count for something...otherwise that would be the norm at his collegiate level....NOT offering any excuses because I've never had a torn labrum, but would such an injury inhibit a WR's game?.....so moving ahead with all of the surgical repairs allegedly behind him, this HAS to be his "show me or start packing" as far as McD is concerned IMO....this ain't Jauron's "Club Med"....

38 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Guess he wasn't trying hard enough.

Cut this slacker.

He was trying hard enough.  Jesus worked through his bro.

Edited by Doc