Tyrod Taylor: I still feel that I’d done more than enough to stay

HOUSE

33 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Leadership ☠️☠️☠️☠️

Too bad he couldn’t figure out how to score a single td in a playoff situation. 

Would have been nice.

I really wish we had called the Kyle Williams play on the goal line instead of that ridiculous RPO or whatever it was.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

How the playoffs works is one thing Hotrod understands.  No Bills QB could figure it out for 17 years, but he did

I am not sure IF his 2799 yards in 15 games while being benched for a rookie (who threw for 5 picks  in ONE half)  is a good definition of "figuring it out. " I won't even go into details of of three point effort in the one playoff game he started in.

5 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

That's talking crap? Honestly, what athlete that has been traded/let go doesn't want to prove their last team wrong? Look at Shady the first time we faced Philly.

Not only that, but the only way the Browns could meet the Bills next year is if they're BOTH in the playoffs  -- so in a backhanded way, he's wishing the Bills well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I am not sure IF his 2799 yards in 15 games while being benched for a rookie (who threw for 5 picks  in ONE half)  is a good definition of "figuring it out. " I won't even go into details of of three point effort in the one playoff game he started in.

I know you (and mAny many many other TBDers) are a big pAssing yards say person.

Let me introduce you to another stat that has even more impact on winning or losing.

it's called turnover differential.  In fact, the team that wins that Stat wins at least 2/3 of the time.

Bills were 9th even with Nasty Nate's 6 picks and Joe Webb's 2.   

ThIS STAT is controlled by how often your D takes the football away (ours was good at it) AND a QB and offense that doesn't turn the football over (ours was good at that too)..

Throwing only 4 picks in 14 games  and not fumblingcontributes MIGHTILY  to that stat.

I know yall want a QB that throws it around the yard and that's all cool.  But if throws too many to the other team, which a lot of QBs do, then it's all for naught.

Edited by reddogblitz

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No dude. 

QB's are judged by how many 300 yard games they have. Turnovers are overrated.

Right, QB passing yards aren't a criteria used by the HOF or anything. How dare a QB ability to pass the ball be used as an indicator of being a competent QB.

Only in the crazy world of Tyrod supporters are his QB passing yards irrelevant. :doh:

You can't make this stuff up!

• Like (+1) 1

I really wished TT would not have talked about beating us.....just move along Tyrod you have been pretty fairly treated by the bills

You were given a chance when you came in as a backup on another team for years....to your credit you rolled with that and made the most of it.

The bills gave you a quite decent contract and a starting position.....they further complimented you by not bringing in any legit competition to you during that time.

They traded you away to a team that despite the fact that they drafted a number 1 overall qb still gave you a chance to earn more playing time

Now do the professional thing and not talk about the bills.....talk about your new team.

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO......a 70 yd TD PASS today in camp vs a 65 yd passing GAME and he wants to amp up the rhetoric?....seriously?......good Lord......

70 yards is very impressive 

its funny how these #s didn’t matter at the combine etc and now the fans are going crazy  ? 

I’d really love to see it when he’s facing a pass rush and his WRs are getting mugged.  ❤️  ? 

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

24 pages later some people just can’t stop talking about our former quarterback. 

200w.gif

You funny.   

No seriously.  You funny ? 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

70 yards is very impressive 

its funny how these #s didn’t matter at the combine etc and now the fans are going crazy  ? 

I’d really love to see it when he’s facing a pass rush and his WRs are getting mugged.  ❤️  ? 

...I'm NOT debating THAT..."live ammo" is a whole different world.......but TT yapping is a "bit of a chuckle".....better to keep quiet and produce IMO....results will do the talking..

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I'm NOT debating THAT..."live ammo" is a whole different world.......but TT yapping is a "bit of a chuckle".....better to keep quiet and produce IMO....results will do the talking..

I  ? at Tay Tay.  

1-31 baby.  He can’t do any worse.  (Can he?) 

Biggest mistake the bills made last year was going back to Taylor after naming Nathan Peterman the starter for the Chargers game.

I truly believe deep in my heart the Bills would have made it to the Superbowl and possibly won it with Peterman had they stuck with him.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Or a 98 yarder

...LOL...and he could brag about the longest TD catch in his history at the HOF Induction as well as acknowledging the Bills for giving him a chance...BUT...he;s taking his ball and going home.....

1 hour ago, FranchiseQB said:

Biggest mistake the bills made last year was going back to Taylor after naming Nathan Peterman the starter for the Chargers game.

I truly believe deep in my heart the Bills would have made it to the Superbowl and possibly won it with Peterman had they stuck with him.

Yeah I felt that way in the 2nd half of the Chargers game. Keep this kid in he is going to do something great!

1 hour ago, FranchiseQB said:

O WOW that is an outrageous statement there.

Might have been some truth in there, but he can't dive head

first into tackles tho.

14 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Yeah I felt that way in the 2nd half of the Chargers game. Keep this kid in he is going to do something great!

The sad part was I don't think Peterman gets pulled from the game unless it was a total disaster like it was. The worst case scenario for that situation happened. 

I think it was always about benching Tyrod.

Edited by Lfod

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO......a 70 yd TD PASS today in camp vs a 65 yd passing GAME and he wants to amp up the rhetoric?....seriously?......good Lord......

Good Lord...

let him.

Who cares???

It’s sports, he gave 3 solid years to the city of Buffalo, helped get the team to the playoffs for the first time in nearly 2 decades, built a life with a lot of seemingly lifelong friends on the team, and was traded despite wanting to stay.

He handled that trade and has handled talking about his old team on his new team with absolute class, including the playoff comment some of you are stupidly up in arms about.

And yep, Allen looks good and threw a 65 yard TD today. Super excited about the kid!

But let’s see if he’s able to throw a 70+ yard TD in live regular season action... or better yet... do it twice in one game the way Taylor did for us.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I  ? at Tay Tay.  

1-31 baby.  He can’t do any worse.  (Can he?) 

Nah... more like you :wub: Tay Tay

3 months off the team to the day and you’re clearly still obsessed with him.

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'll take an 84 yarder in an actual game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EqEUD3jJLE

Plus another 71 yarder in the SAME GAME!!!

The obsession is strong with some.

2 hours ago, FranchiseQB said:

Oh

my

GAAAAWWD!!! :doh:

But... since this ridiculous thread is still going and we’re already hearing the positives from his HC and OC, might as well hear from his QB coach:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/06/for_tyrod_taylor_its_just_the.amp

Zampese has watched Taylor, 28, step in take control of Todd Haley's new offense. In practice, he's consistently throwing TD passes -- albeit with no contact -- but the timing and efficiency look good. On Wednesday, he rolled left and fired a TD pass to Jarvis Landry in the back corner of the end zone, where the receiver made one of his vintage acrobatic catches.

"I'm so excited to have him,'' Zampese said. "I just can't tell you how excited I am to have him. The standard that he sets and the consistency every day, from the time he's in until the time he's out, I haven't seen a guy keep those hours in the spring time. It just brings some comfort level. You know you can trust him, and every day he backs that up.''

"I'm a kid in a candy store,'' said Zampese. "There's no limitations with him. He can throw it down the field, he can run the zone read stuff, he can run a conventional offense. Anything you want him to do, he can do those things and like I said, he's just coming into his own so we're still finding out all of the areas that we can get him into. As we get going back here in training camp, we'll explore those things as we gear the offense towards individual strengths.''

23 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Other people seem to think...https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/26/white-cornerbacks-jason-sehorn-kevin-kaesviharn-donny-lisowski

That’s an example of how you rise above any perceived stereotypes instead of clinging onto them as you faulter.

Again, it wasn’t simply a response to a question. Clay had comments about this same thing months before and talking it over with Taylor.

“It’s always going to be twice as bad because of who I am - an African-American quarterback. Look across the league, man. We are held to a certain standard. We almost have to be perfect.”

”I wouldn’t say it’s just an African-American quarterback thing. It’s an African-American athlete thing or just an African American thing. And that’s not anything I just found out. It’s been that way since I was a kid.”

Almost have to be perfect? Give me a break. 

That's how he feels.
respect his person.

10 hours ago, wppete said:

Tyrod is talking crap about beating the bills. Tyrod shouldn’t be talking after the way he has played in the last couple of years.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/14/tyrod-taylor-id-love-to-see-the-bills-in-the-playoffs-and-knock-them-out/

No he isn't.

• Like (+1) 1

Just saw an article today (sorry - no link) that says Tyrod has outplayed Baker Mayfield, and it's not close.  Hue Jackson has said Tyrod will be his starter for the full season.  So, did Cleveland draft the wrong QB again?  With the glowing reports of Josh Allen's minicamp performance, did Buffalo draft the right one for a change?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FranchiseQB said:

see your Cardiologist asap  

: )

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Just saw an article today (sorry - no link) that says Tyrod has outplayed Baker Mayfield, and it's not close.  Hue Jackson has said Tyrod will be his starter for the full season.  So, did Cleveland draft the wrong QB again?  With the glowing reports of Josh Allen's minicamp performance, did Buffalo draft the right one for a change?  

Mayfield is really that bad ?

jk

wish him well.

media loves a story line. Tyrod just gave them one/ Bills and Browns in the Playoffs !

sorry folks but I love Tyrod saying that he wants to "knock the Bills out of the playoffs". After all the years of towing the line he can finally speak freely and show some balls.

Don't even care how he plays. Certainly hope he doesn't knock us out of the playoffs (lol). Just a cool quote I wasn't expecting from the fella.

7 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

sorry folks but I love Tyrod saying that he wants to "knock the Bills out of the playoffs". After all the years of towing the line he can finally speak freely and show some balls.

Don't even care how he plays. Certainly hope he doesn't knock us out of the playoffs (lol). Just a cool quote I wasn't expecting from the fella.

Exactly.

I wonder if AJ wants to beat Cincinnati in playoffs?

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

Well let's see. Jackson says TT has "earned the right to be the starting QB"   Todd Haley "likes Baker Mayfield's progress, but still sees a big gap between him and starter Tyrod Taylor."

Then there's this  "Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield may be No. 2 on the depth chart, but he’s not gaining ground on Tyrod Taylor.  The rookie is assertive and shown leadership, according to various reports from OTAs and minicamp, but he’s struggling with one of the most important parts of gig: making reads." " Mayfield just learned to take snaps from under center, and he’s yet to do it against a live pass rush. Now it’s come out that he can’t make reads. Large, fast men aren’t even trying to hit him yet!"

---

I take it all with a grain of salt this early on.  Sounds like TT is doing some good things and they're liking him, though.   To which I say "go TT!" but also we'll see what happens when it's live action. 

And yes, I do take an interest in former Bills players.   I also take an interest in Baker.   No, no, I don't want to move to a Browns fan board, I am not a Browns fan nor do I wish to purchase a Browns jersey, thank you in advance for your (generic your, not TigerJ) suggestions though.

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

Wayyyyyyy too early to tell, imo.  I bet every team dreams of their rookie QB being ready to start right off the bus, but I think Tyrod starting the season was always part of the plan.  I admit: it feels strange to speak of the Browns having a plan.

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

We all obviously hope we did.

Several on this board (posting in this thread as well, I might add) are desperately hoping Cleveland drafted the right QB, too, while also simultaneously hoping that Tyrod sucks and is benched mid-season.

These people are sad and might be a little miserable if Taylor isn't benched and if he plays well this season. Just be kind to them if that happens because they just won't know what to post about since half their time in the 3 months he's been gone has mostly been posting about Tyrod Taylor.

Just give them a little pick-me-up if that happens while the rest of us go on caring about what happens with the Buffalo Bills rather than the Cleveland Browns.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

I love the snarky comments by the TT lovers. “Juat wait until he is playing good” bla bla bla. Who cares. He was not that good in his time here for 25 pages. I doubt he will be any better in Cleveland and I dont care about PRACTICE, we talking about PRACTICE, not the game, not the game, PRACTICE.  He looked great in Bills OTA’s and mini camp too, hench why Mcd kept him for one year, but once the real game started we all saw what happens. Yes he did not throw ints, cant beat that dead horse enough, but he also did not TDs or play an entire game at an elevated level, you get maybe 3 drives. Give it a break, HE did not get the Bills to the playoffs, the coaching staff/Team and shady did. 3 years, 3 points in the playoffs, and 2 total wins (cleveland and detroit)when the def does not force a turnover. If he has a great career in Cleveland, good for him, but he didnt have one in Buffalo.