Tyrod Taylor: I still feel that I’d done more than enough to stay

13 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

I didn't say "regularly". I said "be capable of". 

Huge difference. 

A defensive coordinator has to account for the possibility that Ben Roethlisberger could put up 375/4 (just passing) on him on a Sunday. That would be considered a really good game for Ben, right? 

A defensive coordinator accounting for the possibility of a really good game from Taylor only has to worry about the guy throwing for 225/2 and rushing for 40/1. 

Now do you see the difference? Or do we have to take a step back and review how 375 is more than 265? 

Also, that analogy is awfully specific and personal. Feels like there's some projection going on here. Want to talk about it? 

I was going to respond for you, but figured eventually you would do it yourself.  

You're right.  Nobody throws for 375 every week, but a guy who has demonstrated that he CAN do it is as valuable or more valuable than an Adrian Peterson or LaDanian Tomlinson in his prime.  Defenses have to prepare for the big thrower, and that preparation opens things up for the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/2/2018 at 8:42 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Compared to McCarron Taylor is probably objectively correct, and IMO that belief is probably one of the main reasons he was shipped out.  If Taylor were benched for a rookie who then struggled, Taylor might have been outspoken about it and even brought up the race card as he did last fall, which would have been divisive to the team.  I think in the Bills opinion, McCarron is much more likely to be a "good soldier" about any coaching decisions the team makes.

Regarding that playoff game, one might wish to consider that Bortles was 34-155 with 75 yd net passing.  "But Bortles sucks too !" you might say, except that he sucked to the tune of hanging up 378 yds on the Steelers and 374 on the Pats in subsequent games.  My point is JUST MAYBE the weather conditions in Jax had something to do with the passing performance on both sides in that game.

What weather conditions?

Sorry, couldn't bear to read thru 12 pages if you already replied.

Edited by Tenhigh

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I was going to respond for you, but figured eventually you would do it yourself.  

You're right.  Nobody throws for 375 every week, but a guy who has demonstrated that he CAN do it is as valuable or more valuable than an Adrian Peterson or LaDanian Tomlinson in his prime.  Defenses have to prepare for the big thrower, and that preparation opens things up for the offense. 

I am really excited to see what Josh Allen can do.

Its easy for me to root for Josh......we are both from the same upbringings I enjoyed the video's talking about his family laugh and upbringing.....I was also raised (till a teenager) on a Dairy in Northern California and I know the work ethic it takes for a family that does that......moving irrigation pipe before you get dressed for school is WORK.

9 hours ago, grb said:

Your quote : "Two games with under 100 passing yards and 6 more with under 200 really isn't doing enough to stay on a NFL team."

My response : The most important Bill player on offense last year had at least six stinker games, so maybe your logic is faulty.

Your counter-response : "You can't just pick out a handful of games"

Hilarious. You can't begin to make this bull**** up........

Bottom line is you picked out stats that mean nothing for shadys overall season.  The stats I picked fall in line with tyrods overall season.  Shady was top 5 for starting running backs where as tyrod was bottom 5 for starting qbs.   The stats I picked for tyrod obviously are more of a norm for his career where as the stats you picked are an outlier for shadys career.

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:
11 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Btw Last year was painful to watch. The Offense and Tyrod, Tolbert and Mills.

I thought last year was AMAZING to watch with all the wins and PLAYOFFS!!

Hopefully this year is at least as good.

Seeing the starter put up 4 pieces of  ? in 5 games and getting benched for a guy not ready for prime time was amazing to you?

Getting out QB’d Blake freaking Bortles was amazing to you?

well. I guess if one were to look at it differently it was amazing how’s poorly he did.   Amazingly poor.  

The only stat that counts is

Wins and Losses

and most importantly Playoff Wins! 

46 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...still think TT's inherent weakness was ability to process entire field in 5 seconds of less nor did I see the passing game ever becoming a viable threat, particularly downfield.....at the same time Dennison was woefully inconsistent....one week he'd craft a game plan that took advantage of TT's mobility (probably a factor as to why he remains in the NFL mix today) and we'd get the "W"......the following week his "crafted plan" made you think TT was in a wheelchair....this clown was as frustrating as Hackett and even Fairchild....

We all saw that Tyrod held the ball. For what reason? not apparent to me most times.
Maybe he was not breast fed at birth ?

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He simply wasnt a franchise QB....he could not put the team on his shoulders....and he didnt improve even though he was given years to do it.

I still say he was not a "sucky" qb......just not what we needed if we wanted to be a real playoff team.

Couldn’t agree more. I felt the same about Fitzpatrick but for some reason, the board’s love for Fitz at the time (and probably still is) felt infinitely greater than for Tyrod. 

6 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Couldn’t agree more. I felt the same about Fitzpatrick but for some reason, the board’s love for Fitz at the time (and probably still is) felt infinitely greater than for Tyrod. 

That's interesting.  I have the same feelings about both.   They are good guys, they work had at what they do, they are as good as half the starters in the league, and, for different reasons, they aren't good enough.  

Put Fitz's head on Taylor's body, and you probably have a a guy who plays like Drew Brees.  

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Seeing the starter put up 4 pieces of  ? in 5 games and getting benched for a guy not ready for prime time was amazing to you?

Getting out QB’d Blake freaking Bortles was amazing to you?

well. I guess if one were to look at it differently it was amazing how’s poorly he did.   Amazingly poor.  

The only stat that counts is

Wins and Losses

and most importantly Playoff Wins! 

So this was your takeaway from a playoff season..... explains a lot actually. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the season as a whole. Even being in Jacksonville for the loss. It was a close playoff football game. Great time. 

Its also funny that after that pathetic lecture on what sucked about the season you reference all that matters is winning and losing as an argument against a qb that won more than he lost last year. You are consistently all over the place, man. It’s impressive, really. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Bad organizations latch themselves to a playoff berth and say “that’s good enough, we made it” (Cough - mike brown - cough) and cling to the hope of 9-7 again and again with no real success in sight because of the limitations of the QB. Thank god our owners aren’t only concerned about ticket sales (mike brown, again) and our GM and coach are smart and self-aware enough to know the team isn’t getting past the WC round (if lucky to make that) with Tyrod. I’ll never understand the fans who feel average is all they deserve. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bad organizations latch themselves to a playoff berth and say “that’s good enough, we made it” (Cough - mike brown - cough) and cling to the hope of 9-7 again and again with no real success in sight because of the limitations of the QB. Thank god our owners aren’t only concerned about ticket sales (mike brown, again) and our GM and coach are smart and self-aware enough to know the team isn’t getting past the WC round (if lucky to make that) with Tyrod. I’ll never understand the fans who feel average is all they deserve. 

You can want more and still debate that Tyrod wasn’t an awful qb. 

Is snyone even arguinh we should have just settled on Taylor at this point? 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So this was your takeaway from a playoff season..... explains a lot actually. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the season as a whole. Even being in Jacksonville for the loss. It was a close playoff football game. Great time. 

Its also funny that after that pathetic lecture on what sucked about the season you reference all that matters is winning and losing as an argument against a qb that won more than he lost last year. You are consistently all over the place, man. It’s impressive, really. 

Yes that is my takeaway from a playoff season. 

Terrible Tyrod Taylor did the Bills more harm than good.  

Credit Shady, the defense and Housemoney.  

1 hour ago, twoandfourteen said:

I didn't say "regularly". I said "be capable of". 

Huge difference. 

A defensive coordinator has to account for the possibility that Ben Roethlisberger could put up 375/4 (just passing) on him on a Sunday. That would be considered a really good game for Ben, right? 

A defensive coordinator accounting for the possibility of a really good game from Taylor only has to worry about the guy throwing for 225/2 and rushing for 40/1. 

Now do you see the difference? Or do we have to take a step back and review how 375 is more than 265? 

Also, that analogy is awfully specific and personal. Feels like there's some projection going on here. Want to talk about it? 

Your tone is condescending, and your standards are unrealistic and silly. And when you have unrealistic and silly expectations you are destined to be dissapointed. How many 375 yard 4 touchdown Quarterback performances occur, on average, each year? Not enough to set that possibility as a realistic benchmark for who you think the Bills QB should be. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Im sure it is...they throw it in there with you know actually WINNING.

There are also lots of passing yards thrown by QBs.....in losses.

My point here is there are other things that are real things you can bash Tyrod over and be legit.....but passing yards on a team that runs the ball a ton?  

He simply wasnt a franchise QB....he could not put the team on his shoulders....and he didnt improve even though he was given years to do it.

I still say he was not a "sucky" qb......just not what we needed if we wanted to be a real playoff team.

So then he's trash.  If he isn't good enough to do anything more than sneak in, he's no better than any other backup.

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes that is my takeaway from a playoff season. 

Terrible Tyrod Taylor did the Bills more harm than good.  

Credit Shady, the defense and Housemoney.  

That’s really really sad to me. Very fun season. 

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

That’s really really sad to me. Very fun season. 

It was a fun but weird season, to me. Everyone seemed to laugh at the Bills chances even when they made it. And that was because of the QB. I don’t live amongst Bills fans. That was just what I experienced.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was a fun but weird season, to me. Everyone seemed to laugh at the Bills chances even when they made it. And that was because of the QB. I don’t live amongst Bills fans. That was just what I experienced.

It was an ugly season for the most part. I can handle ugly and winning, but ugly and 8-8 or ugly 6-10 hurts.