Brandon Marshall

2 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

More than likely he gets cut when healthy by the Giants. IF hes willing to take 1-2mil contract could he fill a void in Buffalo? Hasnt had character issues in years, and has supposedly been a big help to younger WR. 

I think it will cost more than $1-2M

He was absolutely awful before the injury last year. Block hands, he dropped everything. It was hard to watch.

But the Bills Vulture mentality echoes in my head, it screams...

"He'll be better for the Bills. He's just what you need. Better act quickly and pay him well or someone else is gonna luck out!"

No... Nope. Not gonna do it. Pass.

4 minutes ago, Eric Moulds on my A** said:

He was absolutely awful before the injury last year. Block hands, he dropped everything. It was hard to watch.

"He'll be better for the Bills. He's just what you need. Better act quickly and pay him well or someone else is gonna luck out!"

60 catches for 800 isnt that awful. Wouldve lead the Bills last year by far.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Eric Moulds on my A** said:

While he struggled last year, that hasn't been the guy's history. It's really an outlier season for him. It's not like hoping a WR that's been plagued by the drops his whole career is suddenly going to change his stripes. He's worth a look if available due to the Bills almost bare cupboard at WR. 

Marshall might be on the FAST decline.  But, maybe not in the right situation.  Benjamin and Marshall would be two HUGE targets!  It could work.  Even if Marshall has lost a step with another big WR on the field it could minimize the step lost.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dkollidas said:

I’d rather see them bring in Maclin. Prefer the speed. 

I would prefer Maclin over Marshall too.  IMO Maclin is a better WR at this point in both their careers.  And, Maclin seems like a true professional where Marshall can be slightly out of sync with the team.  However, Marshall has been a solid team guy for almost 5 years now.

After the stink of Cutler wore off him he got his attitude in a better place.

Just now, dbflaBill said:

He was hurt, and was forced into a #1 role

Yea he was hurt in game 5. He just didn't look like Brandon Marshall at all. He looked slow and dropped an awful lot of balls in his hands. Ive always liked MArshall as a player but looked done to me last year

1 hour ago, dbflaBill said:

60 catches for 800 isnt that awful. Wouldve lead the Bills last year by far.

The year prior to last, yes. As a Giant he was hard to watch.

I just don't know how much the guy has in the tank. I'd prefer to have a speedster type vs big body guy. We've already got KB.

If they bring him in I'm not gonna stand outside TBD with a pitchfork but I'm trusting my gut on this one and think he is about done. It really wouldn't shock me if he hung up the cleats and moved permanently to his TV role.

However, he could be useful in a mentorship role. So I'm whatever about this idea.

3 hours ago, dbflaBill said:

More than likely he gets cut when healthy by the Giants. IF hes willing to take 1-2mil contract could he fill a void in Buffalo? Hasnt had character issues in years, and has supposedly been a big help to younger WR. 

No, he's a locker room headache and think his best years are behind him. Give me Maclin. 

22 minutes ago, Irv said:

At this point in his career I think I'd rather have Thurgood Marshall. 

I don't think Thurgood Marshall played football.  Plus he's been dead for like 25 years.  I think I'd still take Brandon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dbflaBill said:

No thx

I'm guessing we should get at least three, really good WR in the draft - especially if 6 QBs go in the top 64. Just way, way too much talent in this draft. 

Imagine ... 10% of the overall draft pool being allocated, mostly to a backup position. The insanity of it all. Makes me think of Wargames ... the only way to win the game is not to play it. 

Anyways a firm no to Marshall. A big WR? Isn't Benjamin still on this team?

4 hours ago, dbflaBill said:

The more important thing is can he still play? You don't pay players to help others

There is hate around here because he shunned the bills last season but I'd much rather take another shot at Jeremy Maclin.

Restricted Cam Meredith would be another idea but not sure we can compete with the money that he is going to get from either Baltimore, New Orleans, or staying in Chicago if they match.

Also keep an eye on post draft cuts.

Dez anyone ?? Hehehe

Keep an eye on James Washington or Dante Pettis at the draft.

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost