Bills tender contracts to O’Leary, Logan Thomas, Yarbrough, Pitts

Loved the O'Leary pick, really struggled his rookie year and thought he should join the 21st century and wear gloves but very impressed this year. He gets open and was missed a lot. Probably not a #1 TE but very good #2. Also excited about Logan still developing. He also might be the best qb on the roster. ;)

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I don’t know about Fat Pitts but O’Leary and Yarborough are good depth signings.

I really like Logan Thomas and will be routing for him but he needs to start delivering on offense.  You can only live on potential in the NFL for so long. 

He had one nice TD last year. I think it was against TB.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He had one nice TD last year. I think it was against TB.

Right... Kyle Williams also had a rushing TD but it doesn’t mean he had a great season at RB.

Problem is Logan only had 6 other catches last season in 14 games.

He has all the potential and measurables to contribute on offense but like I said it only gets you so far.  Really hoping we see him breakout this year.  The fact they are bringing him back should say a lot

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

Right... Kyle Williams also had a rushing TD but it doesn’t mean he had a great season at RB.

He has all the potential and measurables to contribute on offense but like I said it only gets you so far.  Really hoping we see him breakout this year.  The fact they are bringing him back should say a lot

Huh? Confused by the snark here. I just mentioned that he had one nice TD.

16 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I think a QB change could improve those #'s. Can't catch balls not thrown!

Bye Tyrod!

I think Logan Thomas has all kinds of potential.  He's got to do some things to play to it, but he also needs the opportunity.  That means the coaches need to make a decision to spread the opportunities around, and then the QB whoever it is, has to be able to deliver the ball, and not just lock on to his favorite security blanket.

Good stuff!

O'Leary is coming along nicely. He isn't very big or fast, but just looks the part. And I love that he doesn't wear gloves. 

Thomas is 3rd on the chart, but If he can improve his blocking, could be used a bit more without tipping the offense's hand. I know people wanted to see more from him, but the transition from QB to TE is not easy.

No surprise with these signings.

O'Leary is coming along just fine, and should continue to get better.

It would be great to see Yarborough up his game some more.

I'm still skeptical about Logan Thomas. I know the transition takes time, but I could see him being cut in camp. I believe the Bills signed Jason Croom to a futures contract, and I think he has just as much potential as Thomas. Sometimes it's best to go with a player who is a natural at their position.

O'Leary has the best hands on the team, IMO. Rarely if ever let's a ball get into his body. Yarborough has been a great find. Thomas, I'm waiting. He's just not there yet, but they gave O'Leary chances after his slow beginning, and he's now one of the most reliable receivers on the team.  

5 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Were they tendered as 2nd round or 5th (Whaley redux with Hogan and TD Mike)?

They are all ERFAs (exclusive rights FAs) so not subject to offer sheets from other teams. Only RFAs are tendered like that.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Considering last year was Thomas' first full year at TE, I'm sure he still has a ton to learn. I'm not banking on him producing, but I'm intrigued by his potential. A QB that can utilize the middle of the field better should help too.

Edited by elroy16

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are all ERFAs (exclusive rights FAs) so not subject to offer sheets from other teams. Only RFAs are tendered like that.

Thanks for that.  I'm not up on all the NFL FA categories.  Let's hope when they reach RFA status that McBeane isn't pennywise and pound foolish like Whaley.

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Thanks for that.  I'm not up on all the NFL FA categories.  Let's hope when they reach RFA status that McBeane isn't pennywise and pound foolish like Whaley.

I didn’t have any issues with them getting a 5th for Gillislee. That pick turned into matt Milano. And I doubt TD Mike would have made that much difference to the Bills season last year.

6 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Considering last year was Thomas' first full year at TE, I'm sure he still has a ton to learn. I'm not banking on him producing, but I'm intrigued by his potential. A QB that can utilize the middle of the field better should help too.

Thank you for this. One of the MAIN reasons TT is gone. Thomas is wide open and there was nothing in front of TT blocking his view. Straight up didn't look and then tried to scramble, but too late. Seen way too many of these plays with him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t have any issues with them getting a 5th for Gillislee. That pick turned into matt Milano. And I doubt TD Mike would have made that much difference to the Bills season last year.

My problem with Hogan and TD Mike is that the Bills saved about $2M, and got 2 5th rounders instead of 2 2nd rounders, or they'd still have Hogan and TD Mike.  The Cookie for TD Mike is a decent deal, who did we get for Hogan?