Assuming Bills have their choice, which QB is chosen?

Bills future franchise QB  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming Bills have their choice, which QB is taken with their top pick?

• Josh Allen
    • Josh Rosen
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Sam Darnold
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Other (write in below)

JMO but I suspect Rosen is the target. If I had the pick of the litter he'd be my choice. Less risk, more demonstrated ability than any of the others IMO. Plus McBean have always looked to be in a big hurry and Rosen is pretty much good to go. To me Rosen is clearly the best QB prospect in this class. Only issue for me is whether he is prone to getting concussed. 

• Like (+1) 3

I’m guessing Rosen (though the concussions scare me) and I’d be fine with Darnold. If we don’t get up high enough and we have to “settle” for Mayfield, I’d like to see that play out too. 

• Like (+1) 1

If this doesn't work out, and Rosen or who turns to a bust, throw coach and GM out the door.  You had. QB, you traded away, who with some help in Reciever area,. Off line, a running back.  The rest of the picks for defense, and we would be on our way playoffs or better.  Now. One stupid pick and you'll be picking first next year.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m guessing Rosen (though the concussions scare me) and I’d be fine with Darnold. If we don’t get up high enough and we have to “settle” for Mayfield, I’d like to see that play out too. 

I hope it's Mayfield the kid got the heart , I don't trust Rosen anyone BUT him 

• Like (+1) 1

I think it has to be Rosen. But I could understand why they like Darnold. I don't love him. I could also see Josh Allen. I think NFL front office people like Allen a lot more than all of the prognosticators and fans and such. 

But dammit I want Rosen. He's so close to a sure thing in the NFL draft, huge talent, upside, and a very low floor. We might finally have a super smart pocket  quarterback who can dissect a defense. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it has to be Rosen. But I could understand why they like Darnold. I don't love him. I could also see Josh Allen. I think NFL front office people like Allen a lot more than all of the prognosticators and fans and such. 

But dammit I want Rosen. He's so close to a sure thing in the NFL draft, huge talent, upside, and a very low floor. We might finally have a super smart pocket  quarterback who can dissect a defense. 

8 minutes ago, Putin said:

I hope it's Mayfield the kid got the heart , I don't trust Rosen anyone BUT him 

Mayfield has a special something. I get that! All he does is overachieve. The height and maturity things are not huge in my book, but in a close decision....

Regardless, I’ve never met the guy. If our FO has vetted him and picks him, I’ll be thrilled! 

The Bills QB board probobly has

Rosen

Darnold

Allen

Mayfield

Rudolph

L Jax

In that order. Im rocking with ABA anyone but Allen.

How am looking at things id rank

Rosen Mayfield Darnold in that order. With Darnold having more upside than Mayfield but a lower floor too.

Nothing is a lock, if he is injury prone, playing in Buffalo, no good.  I really don't think you can start the season with any of them.  Peterman shows nothing or they wouldn't be looking for the needle in a haystack,. Now that Taylor is gone, Beane and company better be right if not next season is a bust again.  At least with Taylor you knew you had a great chance for the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Draft one next year

Free Beer Tomorrow???

6 minutes ago, Buff808 said:

Nothing is a lock, if he is injury prone, playing in Buffalo, no good.  I really don't think you can start the season with any of them.  Peterman shows nothing or they wouldn't be looking for the needle in a haystack,. Now that Taylor is gone, Beane and company better be right if not next season is a bust again.  At least with Taylor you knew you had a great chance for the playoffs.

Relax, it will be ok. These guys are smart and I’m trusting them more every day. It’s not a needle in a haystack, it’s one of the best QB drafts in recent years. They will bring in a vet QB to keep things stable until the young guy is ready, preferably an excellent mentor. 

21 minutes ago, Buff808 said:

If this doesn't work out, and Rosen or who turns to a bust, throw coach and GM out the door. 

We have a new coach and new GM who ended a 17-year playoff drought with, essentially, scrap metal. It's the most competent GM/coach tandem the team has had in years, and yet some of can only talk about how fast you want to throw them out the door.

Related image

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, buffaloaggie said:

After the Cordy Glenn trade, the Bills appear to have enough draft value to move to #2

Here's the absolute best part of this regime. IF they fail, there will be zero legitimate excuses. They are getting "their guy". Setting up the team "their way". They are being aggressive and moving up in the projected best QB class in well over a decade. 

I believe they will make it happen. I don't think they would be this aggressive if they didn't believe that the guy they want will succeed. Feels good to make (what I feel like) are the right moves made by (again just what I think) the right people.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

The Bills QB board probobly has

Rosen

Darnold

Allen

Mayfield

Rudolph

L Jax

In that order. Im rocking with ABA anyone but Allen.

How am looking at things id rank

Rosen Mayfield Darnold in that order. With Darnold having more upside than Mayfield but a lower floor too.

If that's the case, I'm not sure where management's thoughts are. This Offensive line is good with the run, but pass protection is not good at all. Bills need a mobile QB, and Darnold and Rosen do not fit the Bills. Mayfield seems ideal. Josh Allen would be better. Lamar Jackson's accuracy would be the second coming of Tyrod.

34 minutes ago, Buff808 said:

a great chance, eh?

Lloyd-Christmas-Happy-to-Sad.gif?resize=

2 minutes ago, buffaloaggie said:

If that's the case, I'm not sure where management's thoughts are. This Offensive line is good with the run, but pass protection is not good at all. Bills need a mobile QB, and Darnold and Rosen do not fit the Bills. Mayfield seems ideal. Josh Allen would be better. Lamar Jackson's accuracy would be the second coming of Tyrod.

Beane said hes looking for a traditional pocket passer after he was hired and through last preseason  and Rosen is the best in this draft class at that.

Mayfield isnt NFL fast so his mobility wont be eye poppin but he is my #2 QB pick.

I think Allens accuracy is bad and he hasnt played enough football at a high level to instill trading up from the 20s for.

Jackson was much better in college than tyrod. He has also shown progression as a passer year to year in the ncaa. Thats why Jackson will be a 1st round pick and Tyrod was a 5th round pick.