Does Chenelly still have it? We are trageting Keenum

29 minutes ago, McBean said:

Pass pass pass.

Yeah, he's not terribly mobile, but I'd like to mix in some handoffs if we get him. 

All jokes aside, I'm really worried about spending big on a guy who has always been a backup level player until this year. How much was him maturing? The offense around him? Luck? 

I think I'd prefer someone else gambling big $ on him. 

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Tyrod>Keenum.

Please trade up for a QB. McBeane will seal their fate if they don't. 

I don't see how signing a FA will preclude the Bills for trading up for a QB they likely will do both, you can't expect a rookie to start right away.

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Maybe, but that's never been the case before when we hear from Chenelly in the offseason. It's always been accurate.

Im not scrutinizing his creditably. just curious why they would want this out there, how it helps? 

If they know he tweets stuff out and confess intent to him, I don’t get the motive 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

52 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

He could be the target but doesn't mean he signs.  I think Keenum goes to Denver.  Bradford or Bridgewater makes more sense here

I could digg that 

NO WAY for $16-$20 for Keenum

http://www.9news.com/mobile/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-plan-is-obvious-cousins-or-keenum-keenum-or-cousins/73-527674941

The Broncos and the agents for Cousins and Keenum can start negotiating contracts at 10 a.m. MT Monday. Talks can carry on until free agency officially opens at 2 p.m. Wednesday. Cousins is expected to get about $28 million a year, which would re-set the league's record contract. Keenum is more difficult to judge, but the $16 million to $20 million-a-year should cover it.

There are other free-agent quarterback options. The Broncos did try to acquire quarterback Tyrod Taylor from the Buffalo Bills last week but he was shipped to Cleveland instead. Taylor would have paired up well with Paxton Lynch, the Broncos' first-round pick two years ago.

Never mind. Other backup options include Josh McCown, Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Bradford. But they would mean backing up with a young quarterback prospect with the No. 5 overall draft pick.

Which wouldn’t be a bad option. It might even be the best option for the long-term good of the franchise.

But the Broncos wouldn’t be considered serious contenders in 2018. Given the uncertainty of Vance Joseph’s job status near the end of last season, the Broncos’ head coach needs Cousins or Keenum.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

With Keenum you have no chance at winning a Super Bowl.

With Sam Bradford you take a injury risk but he has the passing ability to carry you to a super bowl. I think I would rather take a chance on Sam Bradford.

I don't see much difference between the two. I'm taking Keenum for the added mobility.

With either guy playing QB the Bills would desperately need to address the WR/TE positions. Both guys have shown they can distribute the ball.

53 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I hope you're right, but don't Bradford or Bridgewater make more sense to Denver, for the same reasons? 

I guess if they felt Keenum gives them a better chance to win now with their defense in place, but does anyone really see him as the better option? 

Denver is said to be all in on Cousins and if that doesn't happen then all in on Keenum.  I don't think Bills are going to be all in on anybody, especially if they draft a rookie they like

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Denver is said to be all in on Cousins and if that doesn't happen then all in on Keenum.  I don't think Bills are going to be all in on anybody, especially if they draft a rookie they like

The Bills will not have the option of waiting to draft a rookie they like.  Mr Keenum and Mr Cousins will be investing their signing bonuses long before the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Bills will not have the option of waiting to draft a rookie they like.  Mr Keenum and Mr Cousins will be investing their signing bonuses long before the draft.

that's why i don't think those are realistic targets. we would go after the next tier

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I don't see much difference between the two. I'm taking Keenum for the added mobility.ability to stay off IR

With either guy playing QB the Bills would desperately need to address the WR/TE positions. Both guys have shown they can distribute the ball.

FIFY

Keenum is a question mark.  He's certainly showed he can play well with good support in the right system.  IMO his WR helped him out a lot.

Bradford is a very good passer, a better passer than Keenum (not just me - Vikes coaches said so), but at this point to me he's Fools Gold, the guy who could be good if only he could stay healthy - but he can't.

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

that's why i don't think those are realistic targets. we would go after the next tier

Dude, those guys will also be gone by the draft.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Tyrod>Keenum.

Please trade up for a QB. McBeane will seal their fate if they don't. 

Yeah I'd rather trade every pick in this draft to move up for Darnold or Rosen than go with Keenum for more than one season............and I think Keenum will be able to command multiple years.

If they sign Keenum I think they will still go QB in the draft but they may sit and wait on Lamar Jackson to fall to them.

I like Jackson a lot........his potential is great.........but not when you have the ammo to go get Darnold or Rosen.

I really don't like the Fitz-like interceptions Keenum throws...........and a noodle arm doesn't play well in the windy Ralph.

Right now my preference would be Bradford.........he has the most potential of all of the QB's that are available(even Cousins)........and would be the perfect bridge for Darnold or Rosen.    If his knee blows out at some point in the season so be it..........but if he stays healthy and they improve the WR situation they could have a damn fine passing offense with him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billieve420 said:

Any more than 3 yrs and I would not be in favor of this move. I am fine with a rookie qb sitting 1-2 yrs behind Keenum. I think pairing with Keenum with a Raw QB like Allen makes sense.

Well, unless a QB falls the Bills aren't going to mortgage the future for a meh 50/50 QB in this draft. 

We all get it, the Bills haven't had a QB since Kelly, but even if they draft one this year they still won't have a QB because this rookie class looks more like fools gold. 

Personally, this front office and coaching staff appear to have a plan in what they are doing and building so whatever direction they go, I'll be fine with it.

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, those guys will also be gone by the draft.

They aren't going all in on any of these guys because they are short term band aids. Doesn't matter when they sign them, it's not going to be earth shattering money or long term deals. It will be on the Bills' terms

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed.

Only concern with Bradford is he's made of glass. Dude will tear his rotator cuff signing the contract.

he might tear it while opening the door to get into the room to sign the contract.

O would be surprised if they get him cause he is really the 2nd best option available and teams like Minnesota and Denver most likely have him as their backup option for not getting cousins.

If the Bills do sign him, its to be the starter. They won't be trading away a bunch of picks to move up, and most likely means they draft one of the second tier guys where they currently stand (Jackson, Rudolph, etc.). Same with a deal for Foles.

Bridgewater or McCaron aren't guys they sign to be bridges, they are most likely brought in to be the long term starter with maybe another cheap veteran backup allowing them to use their picks to fill all the other holes.

I wouldn't be shocked if they work out a deal for some QB that no one really knew was available or knew was available that would be brought in as the new starter with maybe a 2nd/3rd tier guy drafted as a fall back. Someone like maybe Lynch or Siemian from the Broncos. 

I don't see this front office willing to give up the early half of their draft this year just to move up and grab one of the top QBs. These guys like their picks too much and want to build for now and the future. They are more likely to use their picks to build up the rest of their roster in the draft. Their is no sure thing in this draft at QB like Luck or Manning. There's a bunch of guys with potential to be great players, but theirs almost always a few of those with question marks. Goff and Wentz look good now but we haven't seen much of them yet. Watson looks promising in his limited time. How many times have we seen the And come out of the draft with high expectations and they never reach their potential even after a promising start? Is giving up their top 6 picks this draft worth it for the next Marrotta or Winston?

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That won't preclude them from drafting a QB at #5.

That could be said about any team looking to sign a FA QB this year.  Especially if the forecast says the next two drafts or so will most likely have lesser talent at the position.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

With Keenum you have no chance at winning a Super Bowl.

With Sam Bradford you take a injury risk but he has the passing ability to carry you to a super bowl. I think I would rather take a chance on Sam Bradford.

Bradford's risks are reasonable for the potential upside.  Nobody is signing him to a multi-year deal at this point so nobody is eating a big contract that did not work out.  Is he cursed in terms of injury in the pro's or will he all of a sudden pull through the mudhole of health issues to become a reliable player?

Edited by RochesterRob

Keenum won't go anywhere if it's not to be the starter for more than one year.

If the Bills land Keenum, it's because they plan on keeping all of their draft picks and building around him.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Im not scrutinizing his creditably. just curious why they would want this out there, how it helps? 

If they know he tweets stuff out and confess intent to him, I don’t get the motive 

I dont think it's anything that planned or complicated, nor does anyone think Chenelly represents the team in any official fashion. He's off most radar so no big deal.

44 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed.

Only concern with Bradford is he's made of glass. Dude will tear his rotator cuff signing the contract.

29 minutes ago, teef said:

he might tear it while opening the door to get into the room to sign the contract.

HIDE ALL THE RUBBER MATS!