Was The Tyrod Taylor Era a Success?

Was The Tyrod Taylor Era A Success?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Was The Tyrod Taylor Era A Success?

• Yes
    • No

35 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

We obtained him for basically nothing. Paid him like a bottom-tier QB. Made the playoffs with him. Broke the curse/drought.  

The guy was brought in as an afterthought. There were zero expectations. 

Success     

And got Cleveland’s third for him.... I’ve had more fun watching the bills this past three years than any other period since 2000.

yes for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'd say yes, relatively speaking. Tyrod does have a winning record as QB (by one game), and did string together some good games here and there. However, he isn't anything more than a .500 QB, and never will be. I call it a success because even a .500 QB is better than the crap we've seen for most of the lost 17 years.

The playoff appearance was more a fluke and luck than anything Tyrod did. The playoff game was really the epitome of a Tyrod game: He protected the ball and didn't do enough to win the game on his own.

Edited by Koko78

I say yes for the playoffs alone if nothing else. It feels good to be off the schneid. Tyrod is who he is and that was enough to help get us there. Now it's time to go out and get a guy to take us from scraping in to being in contention for the AFC. Thanks for your service Tyrod. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

Considering we signed him as an afterthought and he left with a winning’ish (more like .500) record and one playoff appearance you can say he had success.  

On on the other hand our teams had quite a bit of talent, much of wasted by Rex and Rob, during the Tyrod era.   I always thought we could have been better.  

Tyrod was was much better than the other drought years QBs ... which is an abysmal reflection on the Bills front office/ organization.  

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, I believe the TT era was a success.  We improved as a team and organization while TT was here along with improving our record during his tenure along with making the playoffs for the first time this century.

However, I believe we hit the ceiling with TT and TT hit his ceiling.  It was a success and time to move on for both him and us.

Win, win now and win, win then!!

The O ranked 13 and 16 in yards under TT in 2015 and 16, but Rex turned a top 5 D into bottom 10. Should’ve made the playoffs all 3 years. 

One of TT’s strengths is the deep ball, which was non-existent in 2017 because they dumped the deep wr threats. They had a little success once they brought Thompson on. 

• Like (+1) 2

Interesting question. I wouldn’t vote a straight yes or no.

I would say it was somewhat successful.

That is also because we have low expectations as Bills fans.

23 and 22 with 1 playoff birth in 3 years on a franchise like Pittsburgh would be considered a big failure , but that record for Bills or Browns fans is considered descent 

Christ.  Most of you tools have griped non-stop about getting rid of him. Then they finally do and you tools still cannot shut up about him.  It is friggin' over.  Your opinion as to whether or not it was a success is about as meaningful as that pimple on my butt. Give it two years, it will be obvious.

• Like (+1) 1

Of course it was he made sh,it load of money , now as far as the team/Bills if you have to ask that question I guess you already know the answer , I know people will point to the playoff/game but let's not also forget the San Diego/benching .

IMO no !!  

8 minutes ago, Putin said:

Of course it was he made sh,it load of money , now as far as the team/Bills if you have to ask that question I guess you already know the answer , I know people will point to the playoff/game but let's not also forget the San Diego/benching .

IMO no !!  

I'm willing to sit through a few 2-14s to get a real contender (hopefully)