Does Ngata have anything left and do you think he is a target?

njbuff

The Bills obviously need to at least sign one DT. 

They like Washington, despite some bonehead play sometimes and they will probably draft two DT's at some point in the draft.

Who is the veteran target and is Ngata worth the look?

What do you think?

Edited by njbuff

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Bills obviously need to at least sign one DT. 

They like Washington, despite some bonehead play sometimes and they will probably draft two DT's at some point in the draft.

Who is the veteran target and is Ngata worth the look?

What do you think?

I have an inside source who told me that Ngata is just a smokescreen, Donte Whitner is the target. ?

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

3 hours ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

Star Lotulelei needs to be the target. 

I hope not, his production has decreased every year since his rookie year. Last year he made 6 tackles and 1.5 sacks in 16 games. One of the lowest rated DT on pff as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I honestly believe Bennie Logan is the FA target at DT.

Scheme-wise he's one of the cleanest fits; money-wise he's going to be in the $8-10M range AAV, which I think might put him out of reach for Buffalo

I'm still anticipating a DT along the lines of DaQuan Jones, Justin Ellis, or Shamar Stephan

Edited by thebandit27

4 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Poe is the better option but Ngata would be cheaper.  

Ngata ain't the player of old, but I'd rather have him out there in a rotation than Adolphus.

No, now he’s just the old player. I don’t know if he has anything left, but it seems like he’s been around forever! 

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Only 12 years too late.  Don't get me started on the whole Donte Whitner thing.  Still pissed at OBD for that idiotic pick, especially with Ngata right there, and Leinart still on the board for a trade down.  You blew that one Marvcus.

You probably don't want to admit it but Whitner's college career and capabilities at the time justified the pick.   The math they didn't do was how would his attitude be playing in a dysfunctional organization

15 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

You probably don't want to admit it but Whitner's college career and capabilities at the time justified the pick.   The math they didn't do was how would his attitude be playing in a dysfunctional organization

No way.  We needed beef up the middle, and Ngata was the pick if you were going to make the pick there.  The other option was to trade down for the teams chomping at the bit to get Leinart or Cutler, and pick up Whitner later if you really wanted him.  Given the other options available to the Bills at 8, picking Whitner was a disaster that set the team back years.  

• Like (+1) 1