Brandon Beane on Lamar Jackson...

PIZ

2 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Wow, I didn't know he was victim to 38 drops. I'll admit I don't follow college players much, but are the accuracy concerns he get nothing but hot takes from box score experts, or...? 

A select few are in love with Baker Mayfield and/or Mason Rudolph and rip down the other prospects.

Edited by Chuck Wagon
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Wow, I didn't know he was victim to 38 drops. I'll admit I don't follow college players much, but are the accuracy concerns he get nothing but hot takes from box score experts, or...? 

Box score experts are abundant here, so are lazy comparisons to TT just because they can both run.

Lamar is a better passer than most give him credit for.  He is quite intriguing and would be STOKED if we got him.  The two QB's I want the most are Baker and Lamar.  Baker if we trade up, and Lamar if we stay put (unless Baker falls somehow to 21 then I would take Baker first).  

• Like (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Box score experts are abundant here, so are lazy comparisons to TT just because they can both run.

Lamar is a better passer than most give him credit for.  He is quite intriguing and would be STOKED if we got him.  The two QB's I want the most are Baker and Lamar.  Baker if we trade up, and Lamar if we stay put (unless Baker falls somehow to 21 then I would take Baker first).  

100% with you on this

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

I've watched him a few times and his touch/placement is not there. Even in the highlight clips his open-by-an-acre receivers are adjusting and slowing and veering to get under his throws. I've seen them downright halt in their routes before. It's bad and since accuracy can't be taught, I stay far away from Lamar (and Allen). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

I've watched him a few times and his touch/placement is not there. Even in the highlight clips his open-by-an-acre receivers are adjusting and slowing and veering to get under his throws. I've seen them downright halt in their routes before. It's bad and since accuracy can't be taught, I stay far away from Lamar (and Allen). 

same stuff was said here about Watson last year.....

• Like (+1) 1

When I think of Lamar Jackson, I think of a shiny bronze bust in the bust HOF... He's not even 1/2 of what Kaepernick was coming into the draft, and I consider them very similar stylewise... STAY AWAY unless he's there in the 2nd...

5 minutes ago, #34fan said:

When I think of Lamar Jackson, I think of a shiny bronze bust in the bust HOF... He's not even 1/2 of what Kaepernick was coming into the draft, and I consider them very similar stylewise... STAY AWAY unless he's there in the 2nd...

Oh please he’s done way more than kap did. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm not a Jackson fanboy. I think I have stated my case in numerous threads. I don't think he is a QB who can beat you with his arm which leaves us in the same spot we are now. He is far more electric with his legs than Tyrod though. If we want to run a college style offense then he may be the guy. The Cam comparison isn't viable because Cam is 250lbs where Jackson isn't even 220lbs. Cam barely holds up from year to year so how do you think Jackson will fair?

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

same stuff was said here about Watson last year.....

Watson is miles ahead of Jackson as a passer if you have actually watched the two play 

John Murphy: Bills at their own 30 yard line.  Lamar Jackson in the shotgun (because that's all he knows) with 3 receivers split wide.  Here's the snap.  Pressure coming right away up the middle! Lamar Jackson rolls out, he's going to take off! Jackson is at the 35, the 40, looking to get out of bounds and OH! Lamar Jackson got hit low by the safety and he is down and clutching at his knee.  This is not looking good for the 21st overall pick right now.

• Haha (+1) 3

I question his judgement with him using his MOTHER to rep him and not an agent. It is utterly stupid to choose penny-pinching on a rookie slotted contract at the cost of draft position. If he had an agent there would have been a stronger response to all this WR conversion talk. I don't think this guy is surrounded by the right people.  

18 minutes ago, #34fan said:

So you’d draft a half talented Kaepernick(according to you)in the second round?

yeah makes sense

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, #34fan said:

In what universe?  Marvel? -Or DC?

Oh I dunno, in the universe in which he won a Heisman trophy? The fact that you made that comment at all was ridiculous, that you defended it is nothing short of reprehensible. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

John Murphy: Bills at their own 30 yard line.  Lamar Jackson in the shotgun (because that's all he knows) with 3 receivers split wide.  Here's the snap.  Pressure coming right away up the middle! Lamar Jackson rolls out, he's going to take off! Jackson is at the 35, the 40, looking to get out of bounds and OH! Lamar Jackson got hit low by the safety and he is down and clutching at his knee.  This is not looking good for the 21st overall pick right now.

Isn't that how most of us felt about E.J. and currently feel about Taylor? For the most part..the fans are fed up by that style of play by a qb.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Isn't that how most of us felt about E.J. and currently feel about Taylor? For the most part..the fans are fed up by that style of play by a qb.

As am I.  Yet, there is a very, VERY vocal contingent of fans on here who want Jackson "because Deshaun Watson last year"

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

But Beane also said on John Murphy Show that he was looking for a QB.  It made me think it's a long shot that they would draft Jackson unless he somehow falls.  Keep in mind there were many critics about DeShawn Watson a year ago too

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

But Beane also said on John Murphy Show that he was looking for a QB.  It made me think it's a long shot that they would draft Jackson unless he somehow falls.  Keep in mind there were many critics about DeShawn Watson a year ago too

AGAIN with the Deshaun Watson crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

AGAIN with the Deshaun Watson crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair enough - but there were plenty of people that said similar things about Watson.  Not saying Jackson will have the same kind of impact, but there are many parallels

8 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Oh I dunno, in the universe in which he won a Heisman trophy? The fact that you made that comment at all was ridiculous, that you defended it is nothing short of reprehensible. 

Who gives a rats ass about the Heisman?!  Tebow won the Heisman. 

It's not a reflection of ones ability to play the QB position.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Fair enough - but there were plenty of people that said similar things about Watson.  Not saying Jackson will have the same kind of impact, but there are many parallels

No there aren't.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

That's not what he stated, he said that Kap 1 - was TWICE the player Jackson was at this stage in their careers (this is false, the numbers are very similar) 2- Kap had "done" more in college than Jackson (this is complete BS)

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

So you’d draft a half talented Kaepernick(according to you)in the second round?

yeah makes sense

If I'm the Bills, -hell yes... With 2 first rounders in my pocket, I'm already sitting pretty... I'd certainly take a risk in Rd. 2 if I still needed a QB and I really thought I could make Jackson into something... It certainly wouldn't be a terrible pick there.

And to clarify, what I actually said was NOT EVEN 1/2 of what Kaepernick was.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Don't forget about "Johnny football" and Griffin 3. I agree lots of Heisman winners at the QB spot failed big time in the nfl.

He's a black qb. He is a cross between Jamarcus Russell and Antwaan Randle El until he categorically  proves otherwise. 

Peace. 

Edited by Juror#8

55 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

That certainly weighs into any evaluation, but if you take into account drops by Jackson's receivers, you also have to look at the number of drops by receivers of QBs in the draft who had a better completion percentage than Jackson.  Essentially, whenever you do comparisons, you want to be sure it's apples to apples.

I looked at Jim Kelky’s Stats  at the University of Miami. I saw  his competition rate at 56.5%. I heard Bill Polian say on the John Murphy show today say that no Quarterback has completed less than 60% of his passes in College and been successful in the NFL. Did I read Jim’s stats wrong? Was he not successful in the NFL ? Did I misunderstand what Bill Polian said today? ?please help me out?

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

100% with you on this

Ditto.  I want Baker badly, but I'm a Sooners fan, so probably alot of homerism on my part.  But I saw every game Baker played for OU, ever snap, and there's not a bigger competitor, at any position, on any team, in college football.  AND, Baker is crazy accurate, and crazy-good in making something out of nothing!

5 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

I looked at Jim Kelky’s Stats  at the University of Miami. I saw  his competition rate at 56.5%. I heard Bill Polian say on the John Murphy show today say that no Quarterback has completed less than 60% of his passes in College and been successful in the NFL. Did I read Jim’s stats wrong? Was he not successful in the NFL ? Did I misunderstand what Bill Polian said today? ?please help me out?

I think he was talking the modern league since the rule changes...

but I wasn't listening so who knows 

13 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

You know how many BUSTS own a heisman?

Sh_t, they gave Manziel a Heisman... Doesn't mean jack squat...

Kaepernick passed for more yards  with a higher comp %

Kaepernick threw way more touchdowns.

Kaepernicck rushed for more touchdowns,

Kaepernick GRADUATED with a degree in business management

And,  this was all after being drafted by the Cubs as a pitching prospect!

Pretty ridiculous and reprehensible if you ask me.. :lol:

5 minutes ago, TtownBillsFan said:

Ditto.  I want Baker badly, but I'm a Sooners fan, so probably alot of homerism on my part.  But I saw every game Baker played for OU, ever snap, and there's not a bigger competitor, at any position, on any team, in college football.  AND, Baker is crazy accurate, and crazy-good in making something out of nothing!

That is what I want in a QB.  A guy that wants to win so badly.  Accurate.  I think his size will be a factor at times but not enough to impeed his success