Bills Jags 2018 Game SNF/MNF or 4pm

corta765

For those of you who read Peter King's MMQB on SI website you probably saw this in his favorite games looking ahead to 2018. For those of you who haven't read his MMQB I highly recommend it. Real strong insight and clues to future NFL moves both team, player, and league wise.

Anyway:

"• Jacksonville at Buffalo. Just wondering how Doug Marrone will be welcomed when he walks out of the tunnel for the first time since walking away from the Bills after the 2014 season. "

This was listed in his top 11. First off its cool that the Bills were finally relevant enough to break into the top 11 games when most are teams like NE, PIT, PHI, & GB. Secondarily though many times the games he lists in pieces like this receive priority by the league networks for being at night or at minimum the 4:15 slot.

I invest a lot of time into how the league does its scheduling and previously posted that every team that makes the playoffs hosts at least one MNF and generally gets 3 night games (TNF, MNF 2x or 1 SNF also.)

Based off how things are trending I could really see the Bills hosting the Jags early in the season like week 2 as the home opener when both teams still are very early on and you can play off last seasons hype.

Do you think the Bills host at night against the Jags or are they 4:15 on Sunday? Or no national attention at all for this game?

Marrone was at New Era in 2016. Not as HC, but he walked through the tunnel as OL/AHC and was on the sidelines. 

I also don’t anticipate much National attention for this game given how bad the playoff game was. I think it will be a 1pm game. I think NE willl play Jags on SNF and Bills on TNF.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I hope it's 1 PM Sunday. I hate 4 PM and primetime games

See I am the inverse I love 4pm games or primetime games because you get the entire day to work or do whatever and then you have the game. Plus more later games means more national exposure which I am always for.

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

See I am the inverse I love 4pm games or primetime games because you get the entire day to work or do whatever and then you have the game. Plus more later games means more national exposure which I am always for.

I like to get my misery out of the way early 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Fair enough.

I guess for myself, I watch football all day anyways. So I would rather just watch the Bills at 1, then relax and watch the 4/primetime games after.

Get the stressful part out of the way first:)

I just hate primetime because it never ends well for the Bills lol. I don't even know when the last time the Bills have won a Sunday or Monday nighter

11 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Fair enough.

I guess for myself, I watch football all day anyways. So I would rather just watch the Bills at 1, then relax and watch the 4/primetime games after.

I just hate primetime because it never ends well for the Bills lol. I don't even know when the last time the Bills have won a Sunday or Monday nighter

Haha yea my wife and I watch all day to so I guess it isn't too big a difference. I actually really started liking the London games because it was literally football for 12 hours plus all day.

I believe Titans in 2000 was really their last night victory.

Edited by corta765

I seriously doubt we get a Sunday night game...it's probably in Al Michaels' contract that he doesn't have to come to Buffalo.  I'm predicting an early November Thursday night game against the Jets (yes, again) in NJ, and a home Monday night game in October vs. Jax. 

54 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Nothing will matter if TT is still under center.   People can boo all they want.  Unless you can win all is for naught 

how does this even come up in a thread like this? 

this is honestly pretty pathetic and speaks volumes. like, what exactly is the point of this in a thread talking about scheduling where literally nobody has even hinted towards talking about the qb. 

pretty sad.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

this is honestly pretty pathetic and speaks volumes. like, what exactly is the point of this in a thread talking about scheduling where literally nobody has even hinted towards talking about the qb. 

pretty sad.

9291_cdac.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Haha yea my wife and I watch all day to so I guess it isn't too big a difference. I actually really started liking the London games because it was literally football for 12 hours plus all day.

They beat Jets in NY on prime time night game Rex 1st year.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

pretty sad.

Oh, Ok  lets substitute TT for a good QB ....  same difference.   

the op quoted portion 

Just wondering how Doug Marrone will be welcomed when he walks out of the tunnel for the first time since walking away from the Bills after the 2014 season. "

Mocking a former HC and then losing to him, honestly ...   it is self explanatory  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

London games are awesome!

Although they just cause my to sit in front of the TV for another 3 hours on Sunday lol

33 minutes ago, cba fan said:

They beat Jets in NY on prime time night game Rex 1st year.

Not including Thursday night otherwise they beat JAX in 2001 on TNF which was their last victory at night until MIA in 2012

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

Fair enough.

They did win on Thursday night a few seasons ago. But yeah, the Bills most recent Sunday and Monday night games were either nail-biting, close losses (a couple "should have been wins"), or complete blowouts. They were, however, games played under seemingly far less quality of coaches than McDermott and with marginal talent. 

Still, the Bills history in those games will have absolutely no bearing on the outcomes of future night games.

1 hour ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

One of the things we're gonna have to get used to is being able to play night games more often. It was cute to be "under the radar" for all those years, but the reality is good teams get attention. Let's be good. Let's get attention.

Yeah, those are the type of wins that send a message. That's why I don't mind the Bills playing at night. 

3 hours ago, corta765 said:

Agreed.

Nothing kills an entire day like a 1pm football game on a Sunday.

I like the 1 PM games.   I can get the errands run before the game and complete any tasks after the game then chill out and relax.  

The only TNF game I would want is when I have the next day off on my 9 - 80 work schedule.  

SNF and MNF games, I'm too amp'd up to go to sleep and get enough rest to go to work in the AM.  

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I got the Bills hosting the early Monday nighter opening week of the season. Not sure who it will be, but the NFL will want to show that stadium jacked and the storyline of ending the drought will resonate.

Yup. And Monsanto, or whomever makes those plastic folding tables, will buy up all the commercial time.