LeSean McCoy for The Player’s Tribune: The Culture has shifted in Buffalo

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

LeSean is true blue, man. All heart. We really can't ask anything more from him because he already gives it all, that's apparent.

Glad to see that he's really connected with the franchise and the history of the team. I hope he passes that down to the younger players he leads.

most of your examples fall on the "who cares?" spectrum. or you're overblowing them. or both.

Agreed. Just pointing out you had to be living under a rock to ask what he has said(or done) to make Bills fans think he was a media distraction.

He has since matured considerably. Sometimes we forget how young he was when he was in that phase of his life many of us go through also.

Edited by cba fan

2 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Agreed. Just pointing out you had to be living under a rock to ask what he has said to make Bills fans think he was a media distraction.

He has since matured considerably. Sometimes we forget how young he was when he was in that phase of his life many of us go through also.

right, but what you "pointed out" was a bunch of nothingness. I asked a different poster what Shady supposedly has "spouted off" about in the past and then since has "matured" and "learned his lessons".

Shady is the same guy hes always been. Passionate. Emotional. Great team mate. Motivated. 

I propose HE has not changed at all, but its Bills fans who have changed their attitude about him. Some people were so salty about Shady not wanting to be traded (DUH! Why would he want to leave the only state he has ever played football in his entire life, to go to a team mired in bad football for 20 years?) that they never gave him a chance...and always looked for his faults, even though he has done nothing but be the ultimate professional since he has arrived here. Good on Bills fans for finally realized what a Gem Shady is and always has been.

• Like (+1) 1

The Buffalo Bills have to keep McCoy. This is the type of player that continues the process of building a winning culture. I can guarantee you if there are FA's out there or even other players that read this, it will help slowly change the perception of playing for Buffalo. As a market Buffalo has it's issues for sure when it comes to the night life, the city life that NY LA and other cities offer, but articles like this help close that gap.

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

right, but what you "pointed out" was a bunch of nothingness. I asked a different poster what Shady supposedly has "spouted off" about in the past and then since has "matured" and "learned his lessons".

Shady is the same guy hes always been. Passionate. Emotional. Great team mate. Motivated. 

I propose HE has not changed at all, but its Bills fans who have changed their attitude about him. Some people were so salty about Shady not wanting to be traded (DUH! Why would he want to leave the only state he has ever played football in his entire life, to go to a team mired in bad football for 20 years?) that they never gave him a chance...and always looked for his faults, even though he has done nothing but be the ultimate professional since he has arrived here. Good on Bills fans for finally realized what a Gem Shady is and always has been.

I think you're wrong.   

It isn't a question of whether the issues he has talk about are nothingness or not.   All I was talking about, and cba fan, too, I think, is that on several occasions he would have been better off to keep his mouth shut.   He's a public figure, and it's not in his interested to get blasted by people because he's said something stupid.   

He HAS changed, because he's learned to think before he speaks, and when he thinks first, he doesn't say things that are likely to get him in trouble.   

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This

The guy just gets it. He’s a warrior and has the type of attitude needed to succeed. He believes that they will succeed. That’s such a different mentality than hoping that you succeed. McDermott deserves a good bit of credit for that as well.

and perhaps? Shady inspires McD .

2 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Oh yeah? You can tell the content of my character because I said a player rubbed me the wrong way? The most lukewarm opinion possible? 

What does it say about your character that you can't tolerate that opinion? 

I tolerate your opinion. I never said you shouldnt post, or you should be banned, or reported your post. So dont feel so victimized.

But I'm going to call ignorant opinions ignorant. Especially when you back them with nothing but more ignorance.

It's all good. Life goes on.

I think Shady will really have impressed McDermott this year.  I suspect he arrived thinking back to his Philly days and believing he might be getting a bit of an immature "me" guy.  But Shady has grown up and he has become every year more and more of a leader on this team.  It was the question I wanted someone to ask McD and Beane at the end of season presser "how surprised and/or impressed have you been with LeSean not just as a football player but as a person in and around the team and the locker room?"  

With Wood done, Tyrod almost certainly out, Kyle a question mark and Lorenzo's performance vs contract looking dicey this team will need some guys to step up in leadership positions next year. Shady is a prime candidate. He sounds like he is drinking in the process.  

43 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I tolerate your opinion. I never said you shouldnt post, or you should be banned, or reported your post. So dont feel so victimized.

But I'm going to call ignorant opinions ignorant. Especially when you back them with nothing but more ignorance.

It's all good. Life goes on.

Ignorance?  

I didn't like how Shady went out of his way to **** talk Chip Kelly on every interview for the last two years.

I didn't like how Shady put out a laughably ridiculous "Women Only" poster with zero self-awareness.

I didn't like how Shady got put on blast by his baby mama on Twitter for giving her herpes and not paying child support.

I didn't like how Shady was reported to have been verbally abusive and derogatory to women by some random restaurant. 

I didn't like how Shady was accused of, and sued for, spraying a woman with champagne before throwing her out of his car. 

One or two times sounds like it could've been false accusations.  4 incidents of being accused of treating both females he knows and females he doesn't like ****?  Maybe I'm the bad guy here.  I've never gotten sued by a woman for anything.  I've never missed a child support payment.   I've never given anyone an STD.   Or maybe, just maybe, I'm entitled to be a little turned off by Shady McCoy off the field and you're the ignorant one.

Edited by jmc12290
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Ignorance?  

I didn't like how Shady went out of his way to **** talk Chip Kelly on every interview for the last two years.

I didn't like how Shady put out a laughably ridiculous "Women Only" poster with zero self-awareness.

I didn't like how Shady got put on blast by his baby mama on Twitter for giving her herpes and not paying child support.

I didn't like how Shady was reported to have been verbally abusive and derogatory to women by some random restaurant. 

I didn't like how Shady was accused of, and sued for, spraying a woman with champagne before throwing her out of his car. 

One or two times sounds like it could've been false accusations.  4 incidents of being accused of treating both females he knows and females he doesn't like ****?  Maybe I'm the bad guy here.  I've never gotten sued by a woman for anything.  I've never missed a child support payment.   I've never given anyone an STD.   Or maybe, just maybe, I'm entitled to be a little turned off by Shady McCoy off the field and you're the ignorant one.

I would add role models should be held to a higher standard.   But winning also tends to cure all...

With regards to the original article, thanks for sharing OP.  Gave me goosebumps!!

4 hours ago, cba fan said:

Have you been paying any attention at all??

His pointed comments about Philly and Kelly.

His girls only party.

His curb stomping cops night out.

His comments prior to first game against Eagles as a Bill. 

Comments about his baby momma.

+ others. Not a good look for anyone.

He has since calmed down considerably or was counseled by his agent or someone who he respects their opinion. 

Curb stomping huh? 

I am hoping this Buffalo Love continues allowing the team to get some FAs that normally would not think of this team.as a landing spot.

Thanks Shady for a great heartfelt letter to the fans :) 

I am already pumped for next year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

Hitting a cop laying on the floor engaged with another person.

Yeah OK call it whatever you want.

I just did.  And seeing as how no charges were filed, that's how the law viewed it as well.

He hit the cop when he was on the floor. The video showed it.

They refused to press charges due to the cops behavior and delay in reporting it among other issues. Those police in that bar had too much fun that night and the Philly police dept did not want a full scale investigation to make them look bad.

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

They refused to press charges due to the cops behavior and delay in reporting it among other issues. Those police in that bar had too much fun that night and the Philly police dept did not want a full scale investigation to make them look bad.

Yep, it was the cop's behavior that prevented any charges because they instigated and escalated the situation and then tried to cover it up.  But again the reason Shady took a swing at the cop was because he was assaulting his friend. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yep, it was the cop's behavior that prevented any charges because they instigated and escalated the situation and then tried to cover it up.  But again the reason Shady took a swing at the cop was because he was assaulting his friend. 

Agreed.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The goal was playoffs during the drought and now they expect playoffs and the goal is playoff wins/Chsmpionship

No yeah I get that, I just found it weird that we'd expect such a sudden culture / attitude change, we broke the drought, lets try and make it back within the next 3 years and win a playoff game or lock up the division (good luck with brady + belicheck still around however)and get some playoff experience. I think this is a starting point and we shouldn't be having any delusions of grandeur, obviously pundits are usually limited on their knowledge of a team's history / fan base but I trust Shady that the culture is changing in the right direction. Then again, our goal every year realistically is to "win a superbowl" so eh, what do I know, lol. 

15 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

He says things before he thinks about them.   Spouted off a lot about getting traded.   Said too much right after that night club incident.    

The result is that you hear him apologizing a day or two later.  

He's learning.   He was really unhappy after the playoff game, because they didn't run the ball on first and one.   He went right up to the edge of saying something stupid, then stopped and said it's not his decision.  

Wow you're just gonna be wrong about everything on this one...

Take a day away from the internet grandpa. 

3 hours ago, cba fan said:

So when it's a cop... It's too much fun... If it's a citizen it's he's a drunk !@#$ abusing his power?

Do I have this right?

12 hours ago, cba fan said:

Agreed. Just pointing out you had to be living under a rock to ask what he has said(or done) to make Bills fans think he was a media distraction.

Only a Bills fan would say something as stupid as this...

The Bills are so irrelevant they could never have a media distraction. They signed TO at the height of his media distraction bs, and it meant nothing.

A media distraction in Buffalo is a !@#$ing joke. They don't get covered. 

Or wait, do they get too much attention? I can't figure it out because you people B word about every thing regarding the media.

They cover them, you're mad. They don't cover them, you're mad.

The lot of you need to just go read a book or something.

13 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

How??? Always shows up to play, stands up for his teammates, what about his attitude?

It's because he's black...

Jesus can we skip through this charade. 

Bills fans have always had issues with black superstars. We're a backwater. I wish that these guys would stop praising Bills fans, because I honestly don't think they deserve praise. It only inflates these idiots egos. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

8 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

What did he do off the field?

16 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Ignorance?  

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Wow you're just gonna be wrong about everything on this one...

Take a day away from the internet grandpa. 

So when it's a cop... It's too much fun... If it's a citizen it's he's a drunk !@#$ abusing his power?

Do I have this right?

Only a Bills fan would say something as stupid as this...

The Bills are so irrelevant they could never have a media distraction. They signed TO at the height of his media distraction bs, and it meant nothing.

A media distraction in Buffalo is a !@#$ing joke. They don't get covered. 

Or wait, do they get too much attention? I can't figure it out because you people B word about every thing regarding the media.

They cover them, you're mad. They don't cover them, you're mad.

The lot of you need to just go read a book or something.

It's because he's black...

Jesus can we skip through this charade. 

Bills fans have always had issues with black superstars. We're a backwater. I wish that these guys would stop praising Bills fans, because I honestly don't think they deserve praise. It only inflates these idiots egos. 

Where's Tom when you need him? "Because he's black." What an absolute joke.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Shady has come to love it in Buffalo.  

He wants to win and if you saw the video of him walking into the locker room after the Jax game you would have no doubt.  

10 hours ago, cba fan said:

Hitting a cop laying on the floor engaged with another person.

Yeah OK call it whatever you want.

I’m not admonishing and drunken dar fights. 

Did Shady and his gang know they were cops off duty?

I am glad Shady appears to take the leadership role and I hope his attitude does not change if changes are made which affect him (QB, OL, FBs, coaches) which he does not agree with.  I also hope he will be more aware of spotlight he is under and temper his actions & words during off season.

11 hours ago, paulbills said:

No yeah I get that, I just found it weird that we'd expect such a sudden culture / attitude change, we broke the drought, lets try and make it back within the next 3 years and win a playoff game or lock up the division (good luck with brady + belicheck still around however)and get some playoff experience. I think this is a starting point and we shouldn't be having any delusions of grandeur, obviously pundits are usually limited on their knowledge of a team's history / fan base but I trust Shady that the culture is changing in the right direction. Then again, our goal every year realistically is to "win a superbowl" so eh, what do I know, lol. 

I guess if you look at it specifically from his perspective, he’s now made the playoffs 4x and hasn’t won yet. So he probably has a loftier goal than others.

17 minutes ago, yall said:

Where do you fly your Blue Lives Matter flag? Or do you prefer a sticker?

Are you talking about Canadian beer? Labatts?...lol

All Philly lives matter. So my flag is green? I guess?.....lol

If you had been paying attention. I pointed out how police screwed this up. Those off duty guys sounded like the instigators, did not want to be subject to any blood alcohol tests, and likely where having some other recreational items in their systems, so no way can you say I was siding with the blue on this.