Andrew Luck to Bills speculation/chatter

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sources and Methods...hmmmm?  Josh McDaniels says  :huh:

I didn't read the thread, maybe this was said before, but do you think it's possible McDaniels loves a couple of the QBs and told the front office he would be okay with trading luck and rolling with a new rookie he can groom?

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

I didn't read the thread, maybe this was said before, but do you think it's possible McDaniels loves a couple of the QBs and told the front office he would be okay with trading luck and rolling with a new rookie he can groom?

No. I believe he'll roll with Luck while they continue to develop Brissett and build up the rest of the team in collaboration with Ballard. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You're telling me you wouldn't pick up a 28 year old Andrew Luck if he's healthy?  It's not going to happen, but I would be ecstatic if that happened.

17 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

In what universe is Andrew Luck a castoff? You saw how bad that team is without him

Luck could recover, could not. Could be the next Drew Brees story  or he could be the next Drew Bledsoe story.

We havent been developing any franchise QBs throughout the drought. The Pats have invested more in the QB position through the draft than we have and they have TB. Taking shots at the most important position in football is a worthy investment when switching regimes.

I want us to draft our own QB. Thats just my opinion, and yes I understand we instantly become better with Luck in there, if healthy...would you trust Mills and Ducasse protecting a fragile Andrew Luck

39 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No. I believe he'll roll with Luck while they continue to develop Brissett and build up the rest of the team in collaboration with Ballard. 

I agree.

I think if luck is available they don't think he'll recover.

14 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Luck could recover, could not. Could be the next Drew Brees story  or he could be the next Drew Bledsoe story.

We havent been developing any franchise QBs throughout the drought. The Pats have invested more in the QB position through the draft than we have and they have TB. Taking shots at the most important position in football is a worthy investment when switching regimes.

I want us to draft our own QB. Thats just my opinion, and yes I understand we instantly become better with Luck in there, if healthy...would you trust Mills and Ducasse protecting a fragile Andrew Luck

What?

Bledsoe tore a pec muscle, and had plenty of solid years after NE.

He was benched and traded because of Brady.

Unless you are just saying it's another drew

I could see it happening maybe. If it did Bills luck would be...

Bills go all in on Luck trading multiple draft picks and Glenn. Bills medical staff clears him in physical. Luck throws first pass in preseason. Luck' s arm self amputates and falls off. 

To top it off our new starting left tackle gets rolled on fracturing leg. Out for season. Luck' s career shot. Bills look to Peterman for the season and he goes on to break the single season INT record. Bills get top pick of next draft which now belongs to the Colts. Bills spend exorbant draft capitol to get in the first round and draft a QB in the worst draft class in NFL history. 

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I feel the same. 

dillie dillie!!!!!! Prolly the only reason why josh accepts the postion he knows luck is good to go....luck isnt brady but to move onto to head coach with that type of qb at the helm is a good start.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'm confused, what is NFL Chatter and where are they getting this from? Sounds like total speculation.

"We" have our sources :thumbsup: :lol:

Edited by H2o

1 hour ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Lets just say for the sake of argument that he is healthy and he is made available. You're talking about having to give up picks and or players that would far exceed the Herschel Walker trade. Talking 2 possibly 3 firsts. Talking at least a second or 2...and likely a player or 2....plus change. If Alex Smith at 34 is worth a 3rd and a player...I shudder to think the asking price for a pocket passer, in his prime if he's healthy.

I don't think so. No team will give that much up for a QB that may never return to form. He's not even throwing yet.

3 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I’ll say this, Shady, Hughes, 21 and next year’s 2nd? That’s about as far as I’m willing to go 

then you might as well not even try.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

I don't think so. No team will give that much up for a QB that may never return to form. He's not even throwing yet.

You'll need to give up a lot, but the Walker trade was just plain stupid.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

It was essentially sarcasm....but only borderline because I definitely would make that trade....just don’t think Colts would, hahaa!

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

True. And let me add this, if there is a deal in place, it will likely be a draft day trade. Indy may be targeting a specific player at 3 and won't pull the trigger unless he falls. If Darnold goes 1 and Rosen 2, I doubt they deal Luck in that scenario.

If we trade for luck I almost don’t even care what we give up. At this point, enough is enough. Get a qb for once. Then bring what we have to camp and dont even think twice about what we gave up. Line up with a legit QB for a change and the rest will take care of itself. Luck Shady and KB. Bring it

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 2

I'm trying to make sense of it from a Colts perspective and this is the only way it makes sense.  The Colts need a lot of pieces with or without Luck.  He can turn their offense around but their Def is terrible.  They have a high pick to replace him so maybe one of the QBs in the draft has caught their eye and they will stockpile resources while replacing their QB?

It's not that far fetched.  Just a little crazy.  

39 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Bills go all in on Luck trading multiple draft picks and Glenn. Bills medical staff clears him in physical. Luck throws first pass in preseason. Luck' s arm self amputates and falls off. 

To top it off our new starting left tackle gets rolled on fracturing leg. Out for season. Luck' s career shot. Bills look to Peterman for the season and he goes on to break the single season INT record. Bills get top pick of next draft which now belongs to the Colts. Bills spend exorbant draft capitol to get in the first round and draft a QB in the worst draft class in NFL history. 

So you're saying there still is a chance we get Luck?

The colts could turn Luck into god knows how many picks. Probably turn Hilton into another. Their own picks are high in every round. They could play Brissett for 1 more season, a guy that Mcdaniels had in NE..The Colts could re do their whole team this year and let McDaniels find his own young Qb. Also they wouldn’t have to worry about an already damaged Luck. A guy who is most likely disgruntled with the team in general. 

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Nice!

8 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

How about we will give Indy a player and or a pick plus several conditionals? example: Glenn and a second, if Luck plays 13 games we will give our lowest first next year, 13 more games in 2019 we give our lowest 2nd, etc

If Luck is going to be traded, he will need to pass a most stringent physical.No team will trade for him unless they are absolutely certain he will be 100% healthy.  I can't see any scenario where the Colts would trade such a valuable player with conditions on return picks. If he is traded, it's to speed up a rebuild. The Colts would expect a lot, guaranteed , and they would get it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

It's not happening and never even considered based on what I know.

Also do you think McDaniels would leave NE for a team without a franchise QB? He's not stupid especially after what happened in Denver with Tebowmania.

Done deal.

Luck to Buffalo.

• Haha (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I agree.

I think if luck is available they don't think he'll recover.

What?

Bledsoe tore a pec muscle, and had plenty of solid years after NE.

He was benched and traded because of Brady.

Unless you are just saying it's another drew

Would you trade the farm for 2 decent years from a QB?

Cuz thats what happened when bledsoe came here. 

You dont trade that QB unless you think he cant contribute anymore.

Like you said if they wanna trade him then something is up...

Im good i dont need those problems if I can trade up and grab a top 3 QB in the draft...

Whats more expensive: trading up to 4 through 7  or getting Luck?

49 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

12-31-17 the bills "bad" luck changed. now, anything is possible

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Agreed but in all seriousness, at this point it's a safer bet to stick with NP given his upside and his pretty similar to Luck in some ways. In fact for all the talk about NP's arm strength that was the only minor concern with Luck coming out of college and he's done just fine in the NFL.

So who would you rather have start for the bills, peterman or luck?

3 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

LOL why are any of you actually wanting this to happen? We don't even know if Luck will ever be able to play football again. Even if he's cleared, there's no way he's going to be at his peak. Why go after damaged goods? So stupid. 

Remember when drew brees and p manning were damaged goods

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

LOL why are any of you actually wanting this to happen? We don't even know if Luck will ever be able to play football again. Even if he's cleared, there's no way he's going to be at his peak. Why go after damaged goods? So stupid. 

You don't think the Bills medical staff wouldn't do a thorough physical? Check all his medical records?

You don't know that he won't return to his peak. It's just a guess on your part.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

lol Manning had an all-time great defense to win games for him and Brees wasn't hurt nearly as bad as Luck is. 

He had labrum surgery on his throwing shoulder and dolphins docs wouldn’t clear him to sign there 

Andrews has talked about Brees' 2006 shoulder repair as one of the most unique in his career. He reportedly used 12 anchors, which was the most he had ever used at the time, to repair a complete 360-degree tear of Brees' labrum. In addition, Andrews reportedly repaired at least a partial tear in the rotator cuff.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/18156/drew-brees-often-leans-on-dr-james-andrews-who-saved-my-career

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

who's to say the bills defense wont be great? 

Well then hell, let's get Manning to unretire!

2 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

So manning didnt have any good years in denver, ok 

Certainly not the year he won the Super Bowl