Forget Kirk Cousins

Watkins90

Let's go get us the Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles (or at least that is my prediction.) 

He was really good in Philly under Kelly, and if Fisher hadn't ruined the kid, he probably would have been a Super Star. I would def take a chance on him. Trade Philly like a second round or third round pick after the Super Bowl and see how the kid competes in training camp. 

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No!

YellowishHelpfulBeardeddragon-max-14mb.g

And, why is that? If Nick Foles hadn't gone to St. Louis, which was QB purgatory with Jeff Fisher, he could have made something of himself. Now he has a chance to go out and beat Brady in the Super Bowl and then he would be available. You wouldn't want a QB who has beaten Brady in a Super Bowl to build around? 

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

And, why is that? If Nick Foles hadn't gone to St. Louis, which was QB purgatory with Jeff Fisher, he could have made something of himself. Now he has a chance to go out and beat Brady in the Super Bowl and then he would be available. You wouldn't want a QB who has beaten Brady in a Super Bowl to build around? 

I would not sacrifice any draft capital for an inconsistent mediocre bridge QB.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I get it, he is in the superbowl. But he has started in 5 games this year, he really was only impressive in the Vikings game. He put up good numbers against the Giants, but then again, so did a lot of people. The other 3 games left a lot to be desired.

7 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I get it, he is in the superbowl. But he has started in 5 games this year, he really was only impressive in the Vikings game. He put up good numbers against the Giants, but then again, so did a lot of people. The other 3 games left a lot to be desired.

Yep, Wentz set the table for Foles to finish the season and he played well enough not to lose and in a few games better than that.  Kind of like Doug Williams of the Redskins back in 1987.  He had that one magical season and that was that.

I'd explore with Washington the possibility of asking them to ask if the Bills traded for you would you sign with them.If so give Washington one of our first's to guarantee we get Cousins...If Cousins says no then at least you did your due dilligance and can come up with a different plan like draft or a trade for another player............Go Bills!!!

15 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

And, why is that? If Nick Foles hadn't gone to St. Louis, which was QB purgatory with Jeff Fisher, he could have made something of himself. Now he has a chance to go out and beat Brady in the Super Bowl and then he would be available. You wouldn't want a QB who has beaten Brady in a Super Bowl to build around

Eli might be available after the draft...

13 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Except Kirk Cousins...

23 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Why would philly trade him? Wentz might not be ready

Exactly.  While the market for Foles may never be higher, until I get some assurances from doctors that Wentz will be ready and 100%, I will keep Foles and his $7.6MM cap hit for 2018.  Who else are they going to get as a back-up that they think would be better sitting behind Wentz, even if they lose him in 2019, which they very likely will?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Watkins90 said:

Let's go get us the Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles (or at least that is my prediction.) 

He was really good in Philly under Kelly, and if Fisher hadn't ruined the kid, he probably would have been a Super Star. I would def take a chance on him. Trade Philly like a second round or third round pick after the Super Bowl and see how the kid competes in training camp. 

If he plays good or wins the super bowl, do you think Philly is going to settle for a 2nd round pick in a QB starved league ?

6 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

If he plays good or wins the super bowl, do you think Philly is going to settle for a 2nd round pick in a QB starved league ?

I can't see any team forking over a 2nd round pick for him with his history of uneven performances and the Eagles would be smart to hold on to him with Wentz coming off ACL surgery.

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

after being the biggest tyrod cheerleader, you come up with this label for foles? ... and tyrod's not even in the same ball park.:blink:

Tyrod cheerleader?  You simply don't pay attention which is no surprise to me given the ridiculous ideas you support.  Tyrod has no business being mentioned in this thread. 

49 minutes ago, CritMark said:

Exactly.  While the market for Foles may never be higher, until I get some assurances from doctors that Wentz will be ready and 100%, I will keep Foles and his $7.6MM cap hit for 2018.  Who else are they going to get as a back-up that they think would be better sitting behind Wentz, even if they lose him in 2019, which they very likely will?

tyrod and a 3rd that's who.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tyrod cheerleader?  You simply don't pay attention which is no surprise to me given the ridiculous ideas you support.  Tyrod has no business being mentioned in this thread. 

yes he does...you said inconsistent mediocre backup....

5 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

tyrod and a 3rd that's who.

yes he does...you said inconsistent mediocre backup....

We're assessing Foles in the thread for what he brings to the table which completely independent from Tyrod.   What makes Foles worth giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick based on what you know of him from your own POV? Tell his strengths that makes you believe he's good.  Standing by. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz