Forget Kirk Cousins

Watkins90

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can fill you in a bit.

First off, Foles wasn't benched.  He broke his collarbone and went out for the rest of the season in 2014.

Short answer, after Foles went down, Sanchez more-or-less played "as well" statistically to finish out the season, so Kelly decided he needed an upgrade at QB for the Eagles to take the next step.  He thought that Bradford, who is an excellent passer and pocket QB, would be that upgrade.  Bradford was not, resulting in Kelly being shipped out instead.

Long answer, in 2013 Foles really wasn't "all that and a bag of chips".  His TD and his INT were amazing, but he was only passing for about 220 YPG, and that was the result of some games where he passed for >400 yards, and others where he passed for <200 - one game only 80 yds and got pulled for Matt Barkley.  The gouge on Foles was that he was great when you gave him time, but he would leave plays on the field, and under pressure he would flush out of the pocket instead of stepping into his throwing lanes.  They wanted to see improvement in 2014, and actually they did - more >300 yd games, fewer games <200, average of 270 YPG.  But they also shipped Foles favorite WR out of town - and while he actually got some pretty good WR to replace them, he wasn't as "in sync" which meant more interceptions.

I think Philly would have been better off in 2015 if they kept Foles and worked more to develop him, but Kelly wasn't the patient type, so off Foles went (along with LeSean McCoy and some other good players).  Foles got shipped out to purgatory (St Louis Rams) where his play outright sucked, and that completed the view on him as "not good enough".  In hindsight, when you have two "sucked in St Louis" QB facing off in the NFC Championship and taking out QB like Drew Brees and Matt Ryan, I think it's pretty clear that the QB weren't the problem there.

I can't help but wonder how thoroughly Chip Kelly screwed some careers. The arrogance on that guy. 

Not to mention Jeff Fisher. Yikes. 

On 2/2/2018 at 4:32 AM, Watkins90 said:

And, why is that? If Nick Foles hadn't gone to St. Louis, which was QB purgatory with Jeff Fisher, he could have made something of himself. Now he has a chance to go out and beat Brady in the Super Bowl and then he would be available. You wouldn't want a QB who has beaten Brady in a Super Bowl to build around? 

Foles didn't beat Brady in the Super Bowl.

What happened was the Philadelphia Eagles beat the New England Patriots.

The problem with Foles has always been that if he has time and space he can be very very good but if he's rushed and throwing "off-platform" as the new buzzword goes, he's not good. In the Super Bowl the excellent Eagles line and the poor Pats pass rush had him standing back there with all the time in the world. He was really good, but that could have been another story if the Pats had had a pass rush.

6 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Off topic, what would happen if a unicorns horn was replaced with a banana? 

Hhhmmmmm

My my guess is that the bananas would rot within a few weeks of birth and then fall off. The baby unicorn would slip on the peel and die.  This would lead to extinction of the species.  Hmmmmmm indeed.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

A story (rumors) is circulating that are the JETS  are contemplating fully guaranteeing an offer to Cousins.   

the question is  For how much and how long?  

People would eat their words when he throws all over us and beats us. 

Philly wouldn't take a second they would probably want us to mortgage the farm & i hope the powers that be don't do that !!

Build through the draft I would rather bring in Bradford or just keep TT with a QB in the draft rather than get rid of a bunch of draft capital for a FA ...

Who exactly is making statements about wanting Kirk?  

Players, media members or team sources.   Because if it is the latter that is tampering.   

Jets willing to offer $60 mil guaranteed?  Only a FO guy could cough that number up no? 

Similar with stories from Denver.  

16 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Foles didn't beat Brady in the Super Bowl.

What happened was the Philadelphia Eagles beat the New England Patriots.

The problem with Foles has always been that if he has time and space he can be very very good but if he's rushed and throwing "off-platform" as the new buzzword goes, he's not good. In the Super Bowl the excellent Eagles line and the poor Pats pass rush had him standing back there with all the time in the world. He was really good, but that could have been another story if the Pats had had a pass rush.

Also lends evidence (that so many people seem to ignore) to the fact that a dominant offensive line with an average quarterback is a legitimate way to win a Superbowl even when playing against the greatest quarterback of his era on a game where that greatest quarterback of his era is having an absolutely great game.

#truth