Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

23 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I have to say I don't think any rookie QB would look good vs the Chargers D-Line and overall defense. I think the Chargers have the best D-Line in the NFL.  I bet if you could poll our O-Line on who they would least like to see again I would bet it would be the Chargers. 

Then you have that crazy snow game which I thought he played well considering the weather conditions. 

Taylor did nothing vs that Jags defense, I was actually glad to see Peterman out there because it at lease gave me a little hope.

Overall it's not easy to evaluate Peterman in any of those situations. Im expecting him to have a good offseason and good TC next year, we will see where is goes after that.

Wow.  That is powerful stuff.

I bequeath unto thee my ex-moniker.  I christen thee "Hopeful"

On 1/24/2018 at 1:43 PM, kdiggz said:

The only reason Peterman has "untapped upside" is because he has already fully tapped his downside! He's a bum, cut your losses and move on

Not commenting on Peterman, but you have decided that he is a bum after a little more than one half of football ?????

1 minute ago, billykay said:

Not commenting on Peterman, but you have decided that he is a bum after a little more than one half of football ?????

he was already a bum that's why he lost his starting job at Tennessee and that's why he was picked in the 5th round.  this just confirms it.  anyone with a pair of eyes can see he doesn't have the arm strength and is a total spaz when there's a blitz.  it ain't gonna happen for him but luckily he has his degree.

Has any all-pro Qb ever have such disastrous results in meaningful football to start their career?  The great Qbs show themselves pretty quickly and clearly when they enter games.  Nathan Peterman is going to battle for a roster spot this offseason that is the reality of the situation.  There is a 0% chance Peterman is the opening day starter.   

Just out of curiosity. Has there ever been a successful athlete in any sport that has had as horrendous a debut as Nate Peterman? I mean your first game and you set a record for futility? I think whatever possible positives about this guy were swept away FOREVER after San Diego. How could anyone have the psychological fortitude to come back from that experience? I know Peterman is a holy roller and probably thinks it was all part of God's plan but you would have to either be the most confident man in the world or completely delusional for that San Diego performance not to rip apart your self worth.

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Has any all-pro Qb ever have such disastrous results in meaningful football to start their career?  The great Qbs show themselves pretty quickly and clearly when they enter games.  Nathan Peterman is going to battle for a roster spot this offseason that is the reality of the situation.  There is a 0% chance Peterman is the opening day starter.   

.....despite early encouraging signs of him grasping the mental aspect of the game early, he STILL needs PLENTY of work to stay at this level period.......starter already?...SERIOUSLY?........develop him and see what you end up with for a 5th rounder......

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

You just beat me to the almost exact same question.  I am hoping for an answer as well.

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

A limited skill set? How so? He was the most nfl ready qb in last years draft according to experts. Again, I'm all for drafting a qb this year, but their is a lot of teams who need a qb and the bills may not be able to land their guy, and I'm 100% against just drafting any guy to play qb (ie Ej Manuel) 

Linky-poo SVP? (that's please in French, not Savior Peterman)

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

he was already a bum that's why he lost his starting job at Tennessee and that's why he was picked in the 5th round.  this just confirms it.  anyone with a pair of eyes can see he doesn't have the arm strength and is a total spaz when there's a blitz.  it ain't gonna happen for him but   luckily he has his degree.

I can tell from this post that you don’t. At least not in English.

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I can tell from this post that you don’t. At least not in English.

Based on what? Also you should probably refrain from personal attacks, especially with the type of posting history you have on this forum

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

No backpeddling, I said 'at worse' because I believe that is the floor with NP....a very good NFL backup.

His ceiling is Drew Brees since he's pretty much the same exact player coming out of college that he was years ago.

Hahahahahahaha. 

If Peterman is Brees coming out of college I am giving up football. He was about Luke McCown coming out and is about Luke McCown in the pros. He sucks. 

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

Based on what? Also you should probably refrain from personal attacks, especially with the type of posting history you have on this forum

Nah, I’m fine.

Also, that’s not a personal attack. You saying Peterman is a bum is more of an attack than what I said.

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

I'm quadrivalent about Peterman, so I don't have a dog in this fight.  But for some perspective for those who were wondering:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445192/article/troy-aikman-peyton-manning-among-qbs-with-bad-first-starts

1 minute ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

I'm quadrivalent about Peterman, so I don't have a dog in this fight.  But for some perspective for those who were wondering:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445192/article/troy-aikman-peyton-manning-among-qbs-with-bad-first-starts

Perspective??? Peterman belongs in the discussion with them. :lol:

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hahahahahahaha. 

If Peterman is Brees coming out of college I am giving up football. He was about Luke McCown coming out and is about Luke McCown in the pros. He sucks. 

Holy friggin sh*t......this guy....delusions of gradure!  or manure...whichever......

Peterman could still end up being good. It’s going to work out pretty nicely that we made the playoffs AND still somehow got to work this guy into real game action. He started and won a must win game against the colts after the terrible Chargers game. Maybe this guy will always turn the ball over and maybe he will never amount to anything. But in comparison to the rookies coming out, this guy has a year in Buffalo, has some valuable NFL game experience..you never know. I don’t want him to be handed the job but I want him in the competition for it. Certainly at worst, he is probably a backup that we can have confidence in.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Peterman could still end up being good. It’s going to work out pretty nicely that we made the playoffs AND still somehow got to work this guy into real game action. He started and won a must win game against the colts after the terrible Chargers game. Maybe this guy will always turn the ball over and maybe he will never amount to anything. But in comparison to the rookies coming out, this guy has a year in Buffalo, has some valuable NFL game experience..you never know. I don’t want him to be handed the job but I want him in the competition for it. Certainly at worst, he is probably a backup that we can have confidence in.

At best he's a backup and worst he's an insurance salesman. 

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

The Sheriff threw a lot of picks his first year in the pros, including 3 INT his first game.  But he also threw for 300+ yards in his first start, 57% completions, 8 YPA. (300+ twice in his first 4 starts, and >63% completions in his 2nd game).  He was raw, but you could clearly see what he could become.

Aikman had a rougher career start, but it must be remembered that 1989 was a different era for passing.  59% was a good completion percentage then.  Only 2 QB had higher that year and one was named Joe Montana.  And Aikman threw 2 picks and 180 yds in his first game, 2 picks and 241 yds in his 2nd game

I think that Peterman may be in a different category of "bad" with 66 yds and 5 picks in a half.

Now this isn't intending to say Peterman is junk, should be thrown out of the NFL, yadda yadda.  He wasn't ready.  Maybe with some time if he works hard, he'll become a decent QB.  But please, let's stop defending him by citing the nowhere near as bad games of 2 HOF QB who earned their 1st pick of the 1st round status with stellar college careers.

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

You obviously did not read the posts on Peyton Manning and others in their first games, and  first seasons. They were first round picks who did not fare to well. There is a chance for Peterman and a person who says 0 chance is as believable as Tom Brady is going to QB the Bills in 2018.

Edited by Wily Dog
word

1 hour ago, horned dogs said:

Wow did he really say Drew Brews and Nate Peterman in the same sentence! 

I can do that!  Nate Peterman played in the 4th qtr of a Bills-Saints game about when they pulled Drew Brees and replaced him with Chase Daniels.

Sentence: check

Mention Brees: check

Mention Peterman same sentence: check

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wily Dog said:

You obviously did not read the posts on Peyton Manning and others in their first games, and  first seasons. They were first round picks who did not fare to well. There is a chance for Peterman and person who says 0 chance is as believable as Tom Brady is going to QB the Bills in 2018.

Peterman showed grit in the snow game imo...the TD pass to KB was a thing of beauty and hopefully a sign of things to come...I have no problem with him competing for starter next year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

At best he's a backup and worst he's an insurance salesman. 

I will give it to him that unlike almost every other qb the Bills have had in here for the last 10 years...I don’t feel like he has been either figured out or maxed out potentialwise 3 or 4 weeks into his career. JP Losman was terrible. Trent was pretty much at his best early on then defenses figured him out. I was completely disgusted and done with EJ after week 3 of his rookie year. Tyrod is probably the same exact guy today as he was in his first start against the Colts. At least going into this year, I still have some hope for Peterman. I don’t think he will be good, but I don’t already know he won’t be. When it comes to a Bills qb, thats a win in my book

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Thanks!  Appreciate it!

I don't see anything about "most NFL ready QB in the draft" therein.  The closest I saw was "Peterman's experience in a pro-style passing attack gives him a head start headed into the league. His physical attributes are just average" which is....not quite the same thing.  What am I missing?

I did see this, which sounds eerily perceptive and accurate:
"Will have to be mindful to drive the ball on pro level to avoid the ballhawks who are lurking at safety. Has to prove he has enough arm to challenge the same tight windows he did in college. Ball handling a little sluggish in wide receiver screens, hitches and most RPOs (run, pass option). Wants to play hero-ball at times. Needs to learn when to air-mail throw and move to next play rather than trying to get too cute with sideline throws."

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I will give it to him that unlike almost every other qb the Bills have had in here for the last 10 years...I don’t feel like he has been either figured out or maxed out potentialwise 3 or 4 weeks into his career. JP Losman was terrible. Trent was pretty much at his best early on then defenses figured him out. I was completely disgusted and done with EJ after week 3 of his rookie year. Tyrod is probably the same exact guy today as he was in his first start against the Colts. At least going into this year, I still have some hope for Peterman. I don’t think he will be good, but I don’t already know he won’t be. When it comes to a Bills qb, thats a win in my book

If the Bills are gonna go anywhere, I think you need to raise your standards.

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Peterman showed grit in the snow game imo...the TD pass to KB was a thing of beauty and hopefully a sign of things to come...I have no problem with him competing for starter next year.

Snow game, grit, TD pass, all true.

Problem competing for starter next year?  Depends upon who he's competing with.  If he's competing with Kirk Cousins or Alex Smith and Mason Rudolph, sure!  Let him compete!

1 minute ago, Wily Dog said:

I believe in miracles but i believe in hard work, coaching, talent, and repitition will be the success of any QB for the Bill's in 2018

Well I believe in all those too but Peterman lacks in some key categories to start next year

he would need SUBSTANTIAL improvement... I wouldn't bet on it

3 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

I believe in miracles but i believe in hard work, coaching, talent, and repitition will be the success of any QB for the Bill's in 2018

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Well I believe in all those too but Peterman lacks in some key categories to start next year

he would need SUBSTANTIAL improvement... I wouldn't bet on it

The chief thing he lacks is the requisite talent required to be a consistent NFL starter along a lack of composure when he's under pressure. 

• Like (+1) 1