Jamal Charles FA

wppete

He's 31.  He's been injured (badly) multiple times in his career.  He's been [laced on IR 3 times. He's had 5 starts in the past 3 seasons.

Why would this be a good idea?  Because he once worked with the new OC when he was a young RB? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's 31.  He's been injured (badly) multiple times in his career.  He's been [laced on IR 3 times. He's had 5 starts in the past 3 seasons.

Why would this be a good idea?  Because he once worked with the new OC when he was a young RB? 

Because “l’ve heard of him”

I was thinking Dion Lewis. He's a free agent and would fit in really well with Shady. He'd be a great 1-2 punch and you could keep them on the field together since they are such great recievers. They are great friends and Lewis is from Albany, NY. 

Great fit and obviously familiar with Daboll. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I was thinking Dion Lewis. He's a free agent and would fit in really well with Shady. He'd be a great 1-2 punch and you could keep them on the field together since they are such great recievers. They are great friends and Lewis is from Albany, NY. 

I wouldn't say no to him. Most yards after contact of any back in the league. Would still prefer to draft my own. Penny for my thoughts. 

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Maybe we can grab tom brady while

we’re at it? :D

Why not. From what I hear Daboll likes using multiple backs in his schemes. He had flashes last year and could be productive if used sparingly. Make no mistake, Shady is the workhorse! Jamaal's days as a feature back are over and I'd rather see him than Tolbert anyday.

7 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I wouldn't say no to him. Most yards after contact of any back in the league. Would still prefer to draft my own. Penny for my thoughts. 

When was the last time he led the league in that stat?

5 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Why not. From what I hear Daboll likes using multiple backs in his schemes. He had flashes last year and could be productive if used sparingly. Make no mistake, Shady is the workhorse! Jamaal's days as a feature back are over and I'd rather see him than Tolbert anyday.

He was used sparingly.  He was not productive.  He had 10 carries for over 10 yards.  He had 19 for negative to +1 yard.  His numbers were little different from Tolberts.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Would love Lewis. He’s an underrated key for the Pats, I’m not sure we’d be able to pull it off or they would let him go, but I think he can share the field with Shady in some packages and adding a rookie in round 3-4 would give us a very strong backfield. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

When was the last time he led the league in that stat?

He was used sparingly.  He was not productive.  He had 10 carries for over 10 yards.  He had 19 for negative to +1 yard.  His numbers were little different from Tolberts.

I saw this referenced in an article I read a few weeks ago. I've had a quick look for the page but have not found it. So I can't vouch for its accuracy. Though it doesn't directly answer the question because their measurement is not specific to yards after contact and they are dealing to some extent with averages and base case comparisons as of Jan 1, 2018 Football Outsiders had him ranked first in DYAR, first in YAR and second in DVOA league wide.