Rapaport: Expects Whaley to interview for GM job in GB

YoloinOhio

Whaley is an excellent scout but his roster building skills were suspect. I think he deserves another chance somewhere, maybe a slightly lesser position and then work his way back to GM. With all the instability at HC and the ownership change in his tenure I do think it's fair to say he wasn't to blame for everything that went wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I'm glad to hear it. I have gotten very tired of all the Whaley bashing that has gone on here for years. I fully expect him to be successful at his next GM job. 

General Manager is beyond is capability. He may be a solid director of pro personnel, though.

• Like (+1) 1

Good Lord why? He is really bad! Look at his drafts!

13 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I'm glad to hear it. I have gotten very tired of all the Whaley bashing that has gone on here for years. I fully expect him to be successful at his next GM job. 

Please, Please tell me what I am missing; he was horrible! I hope he gets it to prove a point finally with those who just do not get it!

14 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Yolo ...do you think the Packers would ever pick him? it's got to be Rooney Rule

No I do not. But I’m not a fan of assuming it’s the Rooney Rule. But in this case, with who they have waiting in house..

also I think his agent wants his name out there for these openings. Still think he’s better off in a Director of Pro Personnel type role