Gronk committed deliberate, intentional, and defenseless criminal assault with his metal elbow brace

reginald

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

Makes me nuts that 5 guys didn’t beat Gronk to a pulp after that.  I understand two wrongs don’t make a right, but how do you not stand up for a teammate like that?  Screams gutless... and the Pats are somewhere laughing about it. 

can you imagine darryl talley whining like a baby and lobbying the refs in this situation if he were in Preston Brown's shoes at the moment?  No, me neither

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I did nothing of the sort.

I agreed with another user that he should be suspended for the remainder of the regular season.

I'm sorry I'm not in the "tar, feather, castrate, then decapitate," camp.

It's a !@#$ing game.  It's a !@#$ing tough game and bad things happen sometimes.

Gronk is not a dirty player.  He is a great player who made a stupid mistake.  Big !@#$ing deal.

LOL deny deny deny.

I never asked for Gronk's head.  He should be PUNISHED. But deflecting, calling our anger at a brutal criminal MUGGING as "NOTHING" is AN ACT OF APPROVAL FOR GRONK'S HIT. you just CONDONED HIS ACT. that's INEXCUSABLE. REGARDLESS OF WHICH TEAM YOU ARE A FAN OF.

2 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I thought at this time in history people were striving for an equality. So I'd want the same equal treatment if attacked then everyone else. 

Just pointless talking points to deflect blame of his favorite player.

He probably is my favorite player in the league.  But I still think he should be suspended for the next 4 games.

Just now, Gugny said:

Show me how it's relevant to the NFL (like my domestic abuse comparison) and you might be on the right track.

But so far .... no.  You !@#$ed it up pretty badly.

Nah, you moved the goalposts and got called out like the gronk fanboy you are.  Well done old chap

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

Nah, you moved the goalposts and got called out like the gronk fanboy you are.  Well done old chap

Moved the goalposts.  That's one of my favorites that one of my favorite posters on here likes to use.  Interesting.  Have a great day, my friend.

I replayed the hit over and over a few times just to make sure that i was actually seeing what i was seeing, and yeah, that was vicious and deliberate by Gronk.

The dude needs a suspension and be fined..........but it the Pats, so he'll get a little slap on the wrist and it don't matter cause its only Buffalo.

McD AND the Bills players should be pissed.

Just now, dorquemada said:

here you go gugny, this should keep you busy

Image result for rob gronkowski fur

I can't see that, as I am at work.

But I'm sure it's some sort of shot at me for liking Gronk.

I've always liked Brady, too.  I love great football and they're the best at what they do.  Fun to watch.  I have no shame in saying that and I still want to see them lose every week (except yesterday and this Christmas Eve - we need the losses).  But they're a pleasure to watch.  Good stuff.

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He probably is my favorite player in the league.  But I still think he should be suspended for the next 4 games.

The guy is a beast. He dominated. Yes he was getting mauled. I think people are just venting feelings a lot like Gronk was venting his. It's to be expected I think that people would react strongly. He didn't need to do what he did because it wasn't gonna effect the outcome. Self control is what's needed and what's expected I imagine at that level in football and it wasn't just a little extra pushing or jaberjaw. 

Take out the names of the players and teams. Whatever happens to Gronk should be the same to anyone who would do the same as he did. It could be people are over reacting bring up actual criminal charges and such but some if that is just anger over the incident. I don't really care what happens to him punishment wise just don't send the message that it's ok to do something like that or it's a minor thing.

That's the point your stressing to people not to over react. That's this is NFL and stuff happens. That would be my message to Gronk. Sometimes flags don't go your way and plays get made. You have to be in control of your emotions. A lot of money on the line to act before you think.

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

The brace protects the metal rods in his forearm. He has been wearing it for 2 years +.

And? No one said he put it in just for this game. They said he used it to enhance a vicious dirty hit to the back of a defenseless player’s head. No one cares if he wears it every game, wears it to bed, or on the Gronk cruise.

Just now, johnmouse said:

Someone should call the DA on Hughes too. That kind of deadly language would get you arrested on the street. Disgusting. Never seen anything like it.

i assume you're joking, but did anyone ever find out what he actually said?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

And? No one said he put it in just for this game. They said he used it to enhance a vicious dirty hit to the back of a defenseless player’s head. No one cares if he wears it every game, wears it to bed, or on the Gronk cruise.

The question was asked why he wears it. I provided the answer nothing else.

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

The question was asked why he wears it. I provided the answer nothing else.

Since it wasn’t posted in response to a question, and was posted as singular post without a quote, that was not clear.

Edited by YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Lfod said:

The guy is a beast. He dominated. Yes he was getting mauled. I think people are just venting feelings a lot like Gronk was venting his. It's to be expected I think that people would react strongly. He didn't need to do what he did because it wasn't gonna effect the outcome. Self control is what's needed and what's expected I imagine at that level in football and it wasn't just a little extra pushing or jaberjaw. 

Take out the names of the players and teams. Whatever happens to Gronk should be the same to anyone who would do the same as he did. It could be people are over reacting bring up actual criminal charges and such but some if that is just anger over the incident. I don't really care what happens to him punishment wise just don't send the message that it's ok to do something like that or it's a minor thing.

That's the point your stressing to people not to over react. That's this is NFL and stuff happens. That would be my message to Gronk. Sometimes flags don't go your way and plays get made. You have to be in control of your emotions. A lot of money on the line to act before you think.

Yeah, man, I totally agree.  We need to take the players - and the teams - out of it, when discussing (some of us, anyway) what a fair punishment would be.  It infuriated me when it happened.  I still think it was a horrible hit.  But it's not Gronk.  If it was Burfict or Suh or Bryan Cox ... yes ... MAJOR suspension and fine.

I just think criminal charges are a stretch.  Especially for a player who has otherwise been clean - on and off the field - for his entire career.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes.  But, based on some of these reactions, you'd think the INT happened ... then Gronk went to the sideline to put on the "deadly weapon," and subsequently "assaulted" White on the following Pats* possession.

I think people are bringing up criminal charges because so far, nobody else is doing anything about it.

Call it what you will, but literally nothing was done about it. "Offsetting penalties" canceled everything out. Poyer pushed a Pat (sound like a Dr Suess line) so that cancelled out the penalty for attacking a prone player from behind. And the Hughes mouthed off to an official, so that penalty was enforced.

If these are the rules, they are idiotic. No other excuse for it.

So, people want some justice. Here are the options.

A) Patriots bench him for a few games (What I would do if I was the coach, but it won't happen)

B) League suspends him for enough games to make it seem fair.

C) Bills take him out themselves next game.

D) Fans handle it in some very bad way.

E) Law enforcement handles it

F) Nothing happens

The only two sensible outcomes are A or B, where the people with the responsibility, behave responsibly.

If they do not, they are inviting one of the less civilized approaches.

Since people have no confidence that A or B will happen, the next most responsible approach is E, law enforcement. It isn't a stupid idea. It is the next best responsible approach left to citizens if the ones with authority chicken out from their responsibilities.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, man, I totally agree.  We need to take the players - and the teams - out of it, when discussing (some of us, anyway) what a fair punishment would be.  It infuriated me when it happened.  I still think it was a horrible hit.  But it's not Gronk.  If it was Burfict or Suh or Bryan Cox ... yes ... MAJOR suspension and fine.

I just think criminal charges are a stretch.  Especially for a player who has otherwise been clean - on and off the field - for his entire career.

Yes.  But, based on some of these reactions, you'd think the INT happened ... then Gronk went to the sideline to put on the "deadly weapon," and subsequently "assaulted" White on the following Pats* possession.

even the marginal personalities at deadspin are calling him out on this.  your island is getting pretty thinly populated.  before long it'll just be you and gronk

Edited by dorquemada

6 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I think people are bringing up criminal charges because so far, nobody else is doing anything about it.

Call it what you will, but literally nothing was done about it. "Offsetting penalties" canceled everything out. Poyer pushed a Pat (sound like a Dr Suess line) so that cancelled out the penalty for attacking a prone player from behind. And the Hughes mouthed off to an official, so that penalty was enforced.

A) Patriots bench him for a few games (What I would do if I was the coach, but it won't happen)

F) Nothing happens

The only two sensible outcomes are A or B, where the people with the responsibility, behave responsibly.

Since people have no confidence that A or B will happen, the next most responsible approach is E, law enforcement. It isn't a stupid idea. It is the next best responsible approach left to citizens if the ones with authority chicken out from their responsibilities.

I like C and D.

7 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

F) Nothing happens

If Gronk had attacked Tre repeatedly I could see it being criminal. I think in the game of football it might be real difficult to get it that far off a cheap shot. Not that I am saying it can't happen. 

Edited by Lfod

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

If Gronk had attacked Tre repeatedly I could see it being criminal. I think in the game of football it might be real difficult to get it that far off a cheap shot. Not that I am saying it can't happen.

like I said before, get the DA to press charges, get it in front of a jury (in WNY, where this happened) and i expect it might not be real difficult to get a conviction

52 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Pats players take on Belicheck's personality?  When does Belicheck ever get fired up like Brady or Gronk?

The only player on the Pats who take after Belicheck is Gilmore.

BElichick is different behind closed doors.  Also, he has the greatest qb ever who is the leader of the team.

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

like I said before, get the DA to press charges, get it in front of a jury (in WNY, where this happened) and i expect it might not be real difficult to get a conviction

D.A. might try taking it to court, but I dont think any judge would set precedent by allowing it to go to jury

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

BElichick is different behind closed doors.  Also, he has the greatest qb ever who is the leader of the team.

So what's Belicheck like behind closed doors since you know?  

Doesn't matter about Brady, we're strictly talking about personality as in the team takes after a coach's personality.

5 hours ago, reginald said:
Not only should Gronk be suspended for the remainder of the season, he should be brought up on a "assault with a deadly weapon" charge.

Look at the picture in this SI article, of Gronk, and what appears to be his metal elbow brace. The video clearly shows how he used that metal elbow brace to attack a defenseless player. Gronk purposely and knowingly slammed (using the full weight of his body) the side of the metal elbow brace directly into the back of Tre's helmet/head. He's lucky he didn't kill him. 

Geeze dude. 

I am a lurker and Pat's fan. That being said, the hit was dirty and if he is suspended for one or two games, I won't feel aggrieved. But, this is not a criminal matter. Thw only people calling for that option to  be employed are, frankly, ignorant of the law and criminal procedure. Criminal law, and the process do not work the way some people think. Slow down. You and the fans, and the team have every right to be angry. A man was hurt, unfairly. But this was not a crime. 

2 minutes ago, Loyal Opposition said:

I am a lurker and Pat's fan. That being said, the hit was dirty and if he is suspended for one or two games, I won't feel aggrieved. But, this is not a criminal matter. Thw only people calling for that option to  be employed are, frankly, ignorant of the law and criminal procedure. Criminal law, and the process do not work the way some people think. Slow down. You and the fans, and the team have every right to be angry. A man was hurt, unfairly. But this was not a crime. 

Your largesse in not being aggrieved should Gronkowski suffer the indignity of a one or two game suspension knows no bounds.

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Loyal Opposition said:

I am just a civilian so I have no special knowledge of the law. But I think how it could work would be like this:

Sherriff BadLandsMeanie gets a judge to issue a bench warrant for Gronkowski for simple assault. I don't need to notify "Gronk" of that so far as I know.

Next Season the Pats plane lands at Buffalo International Airport the day before the game.

My Deputies greet the team and take Gronk into custody pending arraignment.

And the fun ensues! :D

They would get him out before the game probably. But it would be a laugh riot until they did.

Fans could dress in orange at that game and have signs saying "Orange is the new Gronk"

In addition to a suspension he should also not be allowed to wear that arm brace thing in games.  He is very clearly not concerned about his arm being fragile else he would not have slammed it into a helmet as hard as he could and with all his weight. 

Else, I say, let's get all bills linemen and all defense secondary fitted up with them in time for the next NE game!

Edited by sleeby

3 minutes ago, sleeby said:

A lousy, no good, stinking one game suspension.  White got worse from the incident than gronk for sure; and the bills likely lose more than the Pats from it all.  Eff the NFL.

i actually expected less than this. with that said, i think most can agree that the way the Bills responded (or didn't) is what's most disappointing (outside white's injury of course).

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 87168 said:

i actually expected less than this. with that said, i think most can agree that the way the Bills responded (or didn't) is what's most disappointing (outside white's injury of course).

It ain't over yet.  Gronk apologized and appealed.

They may reduce it to just a fine.  LOL

Next time I hear about how this team plays for the "....tough blue-collar fans of Buffalo",  I'm thinking it's just a marketing ploy.

He should be fined six figures and be suspended one game minimum. I'm all for a rule that stipulates that if you intend to injure a player and succeed, you sit out as many games as your victim.

It was a cowardly act by a complete meat head and it strongly resembled roid rage ... The league should've tested him for steroids and HGH yesterday. I'm betting he'd fail.