Band of Brothers ya right

All season coach McDermott has preached love and family. Have each other's back. Yet just like last year where Aaron's career was ended by Landrys cheap shot, today an even more heinous shot is taken to Tre White's head by this sorry excuse of a TE. Lafayette Pitts and Preston Brown are literally standing right over the hit and did nothing. Last year the players did nothing for Aaron.  If the players don't care why should we. If this was baseball the next pitch would be 100mph fastball right in Gronk's ear. There's no Band of Brothers. Just pick up your paycheck and keep drooling all over Brady. Ratings will continue to fall.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

All season coach McDermott has preached love and family. Have each other's back. Yet just like last year where Aaron's career was ended by Landrys cheap shot, today an even more heinous shot is taken to Tre White's head by this sorry excuse of a TE. Lafayette Pitts and Preston Brown are literally standing right over the hit and did nothing. Last year the players did nothing for Aaron.  If the players don't care why should we. If this was baseball the next pitch would be 100mph fastball right in Gronk's ear. There's no Band of Brothers. Just pick up your paycheck and keep drooling all over Brady. Ratings will continue to fall.

McDermott is no Major Winters.

42 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

And may I remind everyone the slap on the wrist Sherman got after the Carpenter late hit. Again no response.  

Thanks for bringing this one up.  I totally forgot about it.

Man, that ticked me off.  :angry:

45 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

And may I remind everyone the slap on the wrist Sherman got after the Carpenter late hit. Again no response.  

2 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Thanks for bringing this one up.  I totally forgot about it.

Man, that ticked me off.  :angry:

Oh man I forgot that one too.

And then after the game Gilmore taking selfies with Sherman, holding each other's jersies.

At least we got rid of effin Gimore.

10 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Yay...another one of these threads!

Yay another one of these posts. 

You realize that post adds nothing also right? 

Anyways, watched it again. It's pretty bad, Brown and 30, Pitts? Idk who that is. They don't even check on the White. They just complain for a call. That's just as bad as not fighting in my opinion, actually worse. I get not fighting, especially for a guy like 30, but not checking on your guy and just gesturing for a flag over and over again as he's laying there.

Get rid of them both. 30 tomorrow and 52 in the off season.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Yay another one of these posts. 

You realize that post adds nothing also right?

You are right. I should have been more constructive and said:

Please use the search function for similar threads.  It keeps the boards clean as well as allows for posters to be more succinct and affords topics to be consolidated.

Yeah, they should have been like all of the other NFL teams that get into weekly fist fights when one of their players takes what amounts to a cheap-shot from another player.  Right, we see that every week?  Bands of brothers scrapping bands of brothers on other teams.  Or, wait, are ALL NFL players heartless?

This is why I emailed Kyle Williams and told him he should always keep a shiv on himself - just in case!  :death:

Edited by Heitz

10 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Yeah, they should have been like all of the other NFL teams that get into weekly fist fights when one of their players takes what amounts to a cheap-shot from another player.  Right, we see that every week?  Bands of brothers scrapping bands of brothers on other teams.  Or, wait, are ALL NFL players heartless?

This is why I emailed Kyle Williams and told him he should always keep a shiv on himself - just in case!  :death:

Completely agree but we are in the minority it appears

11 minutes ago, Heitz said:

There isn't a cheap shot like that once a year let alone once a game...

14 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

3 people showed heart and guys on that play, Hyde, Hughes, and Poyer.  That was it.  Very sad indeed

How did Hughes show heart? By being an idiot again and crying to the refs?  Fake tough guy.  And Poyer's girl shoves him harder than that.

just like the Lucic-Miller hit and Aaron Williams, another Buffalo team looked sacless.

losses happen. Being a coward is forever.

Poyer pushed him and I thought Hyde did something as well which was what offset Gronk’s penalty. How many times should they shove him? It was on the Pats sideline and Gronk is much bigger than the guy there. They can’t even get in his face, they can get in his chest at their height. If Richie or another lineman  saw it maybe you get a real fight 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

How did Hughes show heart? By being an idiot again and crying to the refs?  Fake tough guy.  And Poyer's girl shoves him harder than that.

just like the Lucic-Miller hit and Aaron Williams, another Buffalo team looked sacless.

losses happen. Being a coward is forever.

Add Wilfork blowing up Losmans leg

Landry ending Gragg in PS destroying his knee

I think there’s a couple things here.

1. None of those guys were expecting what happened to happen. Could be they were caught off guard.

2. I could see McDermott being the type that preaches to his guys not to do any “extra curriculars” for fear of getting penalties.  The sad thing is that they ended up with more penalties on the play anyways. Don’t get me wrong, the game was out of reach, especially with our QB’s, but I just don’t see the point. We get the Pats again in a few weeks in Foxboro, I expect any pressure on Brady to be followed through, and same with Gronk. The defense will be lightibg guys up. Might be a roughing penalty or something like that, but they won’t go as far as Gronk did.

Also, let’s not forget the main thing here. The person we should be upset with is Gronkowski. I’ve hated the Pats as long as I’ve been alive, division rival and all that. But Gronk was always one guy I appreciated with them because he was a jovial, fun loving, nonchalant guy who personality is the exact opposite of the Brady/Belicheck duo. The local ties also made me happy to see the guy do well... That’s gone now. Totally. The suspension is a decent move, I wish it were two games. And if his appeal lowers it to a simple fine then I’ll be more upset with the league than anything. That act has no place in the game.

Pathetic response by a team that doesnt live what they preach. They looked real soft on that play, which is just a magnification of how soft they play normally.

Even more pathetic are the people around Buffalo that kiss Gronks ass when he bothers to come to town. Dude is a punk and a scumbag. Keep that meathead in Boston with the rest of the morons.

5 hours ago, Heitz said:

We've seen a couple good incidents in the last 12 months or so.

Depends on the nature of the foul.  If it's really cheap and dirty, NFL football players ABSOLUTELY WILL do something about it then and there, and brawls do erupt.  Not very often, but it does happen.

The Bills response was total bull **** and McD knows it.  He's just trying to cover for his guys.

Don't assume everything he ever says in a public venue is what he really thinks; in fact, probably little of what he says publicly is what he actually thinks.

5 hours ago, Heitz said:

Great reply!  Love it!