End zone celebrations

While I was a fan of letting the players have more fun, the celebrations the players have come up with is just stupid. They are all lame and childish. Could do so much better... The only one I liked was JuJu's with the bike considering the circumstances behind it

5 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

While I was a fan of letting the players have more fun, the celebrations the players have come up with is just stupid. They are all lame and childish. Could do so much better... The only one I liked was JuJu's with the bike considering the circumstances behind it

And that was on the sidelines, not field of play.

If they want to act like a bunch of idiots, let them do it on the sidelines and don't show it on TV.  Have a twitter only camera and show that crap on social media only, where all the other idiots who get off on that stuff can watch it.

The game needs more streamlining on TV, not more BS like these group celebrations.

Edited by T-Bomb
spelling & punctuation

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Now I know why the NFL banned them; they are ridiculous and stupid,you scored a touchdown not won the Super Bowl get over yourselves.

Watching professional athletes acts like members of a high school drama club is sad and pathetic.

Spike the ball, do some chest bumps and get off the field.

I agree actually.  I think the balance is way off now.  Some of the stuff that drew flags before was not something that should have been penalised but equally some of the stuff that is going on now is so cringeworthy.... 

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Now I know why the NFL banned them; they are ridiculous and stupid,you scored a touchdown not won the Super Bowl get over yourselves.

Watching professional athletes acts like members of a high school drama club is sad and pathetic.

you forgot something 

3887802120_1d5e1f7575.jpg

;)

Use the KISS method

Keep It Simple Stupid

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

It's generational.  My 22 year old daughter loves them.  Her 61 year old dad hates them.  I can't stand that crap.  You want to embarrass the other team?  Just hand the ball to the ref like it's no big deal to score on the other team.

I like that one. Then pretend like it's stuck to your hand! 

The NFL became entertainment over sport long ago. They can’t really promote big hits anymore (Jacked Up, anyone?) so the celebrations are just something to fill highlight reel space.

Avert your gaze if the silly celebrations offend.

I haven't been bothered by it, nor entertained. I think it's a reminder how young some of these guys are.

It could have a negative impact on lower levels of football, I think it opens the door for show boating and I would dislike that becoming common place in HS/College games.

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I haven't been bothered by it, nor entertained. I think it's a reminder how young some of these guys are.

It could have a negative impact on lower levels of football, I think it opens the door for show boating and I would dislike that becoming common place in HS/College games.

May I ask what the negative impact would be? 

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

May I ask what the negative impact would be? 

Im fine with it on the NFL level because every single guy out there is cashing a paycheck.

Lower levels of sports has millions of kids who will never make a dime playing the game and I wouldn't enjoy seeing kids rub each other's face in their own success. While playing we had kids do the Desmond Howard and the touchdown would get called back. As upset as I was at the call I always remembered it as a learning experience. 

From what I have seen most of the NFL ones aren't directed at the other team but showboating should remain at the pro level. I assume about 20 percent of NCAA athletes are paid so they can do it once a game or so. 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Kids sports are supposed to teach them about teamwork, dealing with success and failure, etc.  The kind of NFL showboating sends the wrong message to kids, that it's about the individual vs. team.  Far too prevalent in society as a whole right now.

The team is celebrating a touchdown. 

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

What do you expect from men whose minds have been destroyed by roids? 

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Some are pretty stupid.  But I'm all for letting them do it, because sometimes they come up with some clever, funny ones.  When the players are having fun, it's a lot more fun (for me) to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What I see are guys showing off that they scored, and teammates playing along.  Team wants to celebrate?  Give each other high fives.

Celebrating AFTER achieving a goal is a great lesson for youth. 

They aren't taunting. Taunting isn't allowed. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

a whole tread dedicated to the dislike of td celebrations...

if you don't like them, leave. sound familiar?

26 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Strange how enthusiastic they can be for a celebration but somehow can't get it together to stand at attention for the National Anthem?  Total lack of maturity and respect!

please. get off your high horse. read a book. gain some perspective, leave your arm chair and expose yourself to different viewpoints. it's not hard. don't be afraid.

50 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What I see are guys showing off that they scored, and teammates playing along.  Team wants to celebrate?  Give each other high fives.

some people are given natural rhythm, and better coordination. let's leave high fives to the people who need to stare at an elbow in order not to miss.

i'm sure you've missed many.

Edited by 87168

I understand they are professionals, but the question is, professionals at doing what? PLAYING a GAME. Let those words sink in. We get to escape our troubles for 3 hours by watching Men-children play a game we love and wish we could all still play. If they want to take 15 seconds to celebrate one of the most difficult things to do in pro sports, while we as fans yell with painted faces and sometimes, no shirts on in freezing cold....so be it.

26 minutes ago, 87168 said:

a whole tread dedicated to the dislike of td celebrations...

if you don't like them, leave. sound familiar?

please. get off your high horse. read a book. gain some perspective, leave your arm chair and expose yourself to different viewpoints. it's not hard. don't be afraid.

some people are given natural rhythm, and better coordination. let's leave high fives to the people who need to stare at an elbow in order not to miss.

i'm sure you've missed many.

You like them fine.  I don't.  Never have, never will.  But I don't have to be a jackass about it like you are.

Just now, Gugny said:

So was Anna Nicole Smith.

Quite true.  As I said earlier it is a generational thing.  My daughter loves them.  Then again she makes her living as a stage performer so it's more natural for her to like that stuff.  .  For me, I grew up being coached by folks who would have been horrified if a player did anything near what these guys do.

You like it, fine.  I can't stand it myself, but I'll respect your view and just ask equal consideration.

10 hours ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

The NFL banned them because the opponents were reacting by pushing etc during the celebration. I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before the pushing starts again. I have see issues already. 

This happened yesterday in the Panthers/Jets game, but ironically, it wasn't during a lame group celebration. After Cam Newton scored a TD, he went into his annoying Superman chest reveal, and one of the Jets slapped at his hands. I don't even think they flagged the Jet, which was surprising.

And I wholeheartedly agree with the OP here....99% of the group celebrations are totally lame. They MIGHT be admirable if when they did these things, they were well coordinated, and all participants are the same page, but usually they're not.  It would take some "real" prep time to make these things look smooth & polished, which I'm sure they don't have the time or inclination to do.

As it stands now, they MAY come up with a clever idea, but their execution and/or choreography is pathetic, so it comes off as half-a$$ed and clutzy.  LOL

I also agree that the league is allowing this as a marketing ploy to try and get more younger viewers' eyes on the NFL, although just like "hot" female sideline reporters or in-studio anchorettes, if you're going to watch the NFL just for the "sideshows", you really probably should be reassessing your life choices.

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Half.of these guys are going to have CTE by the time their careers are over.

Let them have fun.

On a side note; if this kind of stuff bothers you, it says a lot about you as a person.

Really?  What exactly does it say about me?  I am an older fan, who was brought up in an age where team was more important than the individual, who was taught good sportsmanship and to not embarrass the other team, to not draw attention to oneself over the team.

I am glad I learned those values, and that I have carried them with me over the years.  As I have said a number of times now, if you are younger (or even older) and like this stuff, fine.  I don't.  Why can't that also be fine?

Perhaps your post says something about you if you are unable to acknowledge that people can have differing opinions on a given subject.