Thanksgiving Football: What to Watch For

26CornerBlitz

THANKSGIVING PREVIEW
Thanksgiving offers a heaping plate of great NFL matchups. See what you should be paying attention to in Vikings-Lions, Chargers-Cowboys and Giants-Redskins.

Save some space next to your turkey for football Thursday, because there's going to be a whole lot of NFL this Thanksgiving.

The Minnesota Vikings and Detroit Lions kick off the day's slate of games at 12:30 p.m. ET. The Dallas Cowboys and Los Angeles Chargers have the mid-day game at 4:30 p.m. The Washington Redskinscap off the night with a game against the New York Giants at 8:30 p.m.

What are we watching for in the trio of Turkey Day games? Here are three things from each matchup:

Minnesota Vikings at Detroit Lions, 12:30 p.m. (FOX)

Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas Cowboys, 4:30 p.m. (CBS)

New York Giants at Washington Redskins, 8:30 p.m. (NBC)

19 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If Prescott throws 3 or 4 picks in the first half today the Chargers D-Line is on HGH.

Cooper Rush should also be playing the 2nd half.

Ha ha, I love the Prescott and Peterman comparisons!! Dak threw less picks last year than Nate threw in a half!! Let’s not compare our garbage rookie QB to the rookie of the year. 

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I love the Prescott and Peterman comparisons!! Dak threw less picks last year than Nate threw in a half!! Let’s not compare our garbage rookie QB to the rookie of the year. 

Yes, the comparason to Dak is premature.  But let's not label Peterman "garbage".    Dak plays behind the best line in the NFL his rookie year and has Zek and a great WR and TE cast.  Peterman has McCoy.  

Chargers looking pretty good.  From both sides of ball. Cowboys are a better team then Bill's right now.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Yes, the comparason to Dak is premature.  But let's not label Peterman "garbage".    Dak plays behind the best line in the NFL his rookie year and has Zek and a great WR and TE cast.  Peterman has McCoy.  

Give Tyrod and Peterman O-Line and offense coaching from them.. Really big different. Top 10 line vs worst line in league

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Let’s compare Tanner Vallejo to Khalil Mack too. They play the same position. That’s as much in common as the Peterman and Dak. 

I think with what i've seen of Rivers so far this afternoon, it stresses the importance of having a good QB at the helm..........the dude is throwing some wicked throws into tight coverage and he ain't afraid to let his guys make a play.

Talking about QB's, after all of the hype last year, is Dak starting to look a little Tyrod-esque out there at times or is it just me? Romo has broken down a couple of times where he hasn't gone through his progressions therefore not seeing the open man. I have also noticed how Dak is quick to check down as well. He also hasn't put up the best of numbers. He makes some plays, but he doesn't seem to be able to carry his team with his arm when needed. Not saying he's garbage, just saying he's not living up to the hype around him imo. Maybe last year was as much of a product of the OL and a full slate of Zeke?

36 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I think with what i've seen of Rivers so far this afternoon, it stresses the importance of having a good QB at the helm..........the dude is throwing some wicked throws into tight coverage and he ain't afraid to let his guys make a play.

Agreed...what's funny is I'm sure there's a list somewhere on here where some homer is saying that they would take TT over Rivers....or that they are on the same level....

Edited by Iron Maiden

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Odd that both teams are wearing blue jerseys, even if LA is lighter shade. 

Also those yellow gloves are super annoying because they look like flags 

I thought Dallas had a superstition or tradition or something and they don't wear the dark blue jerseys if they can possibly avoid it.  

They could wear white with the Chargers wearing light blue. Especially at home.