2018 Senior Bowl

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think Falk makes a great coach some day.

Or better

I don't know, Baker is pretty shifty and makes a ton of throws on the run, I'd say he is just as good as Wilson in this area.

I like Baker A LOT. You do realize though that Brees will retire with more passing yards and TD passes than any player EVER. Baker might be really good but he won’t come close to the career that Brees has had.

22 hours ago, kdiggz said:

after watching that practice and how he's all over the field being the general i don't think there's any way he doesn't win a starting job in the NFL.  will he be successful?  not sure yet but his arm looked strong enough and he has the "it factor."  he wants it bad though and he will put in the work i think.  so yes, I now think he is worth a 1st round pick!

It is refreshing, and infrequent, to have someone here actually admit to changing their mind. Bravo Mr. diggz.

• Like (+1) 1

GM's/scouts/coaches still talking themselves into Allen. There's a lot of praise about how much he improved during the week. However Mayfield won the best QB award for the week so go figure. These guys are overthinking it. Every year they talk themselves into a QB that has the tools but isn't very good. I think with a good showing in the game and at the combine Allen could go #1. It will be interesting to see what happens if that's the case because he is obviously not the best player in the draft and not at all ready to play so all of the real players will get pushed down the board.

^^ i heard that Allen had a throw of 66 mph and that it was the fastest ever recorded.  by comparison, the fastest ever recorded at the NFL combine when they officially clock them is 60 mph.  Mahomes only clocked at 55 mph at the combine.  i'm fairly confident that if football doesn't work out that Allen could be a pitcher.  he probably hasn't tried in a while but I wouldn't be surprised if he could throw a baseball close to 100.  he said he was throwing 92 in high school which is nuts especially when you consider that was BEFORE his growth spurt

19 hours ago, kdiggz said:

That's probably good news for Allen. He will be far and way the best QB there now. With a big game he could still be the #1 pick. With a bad game he could just as easily drop out of the top 10. Needless to say this is a big game for him

Actually, not good news for Allen because at least if Mayfield were there, there's an expectation that he might not be on that level yet.  But if he does nothing to distance himself from guys like White, Lauletta then I think it hurts in a way.  But again, there's always someone who thinks they can fix things.

not sure if posted yet but was i was referring to earlier in the thread...

'18 @alabamapower Practice Awards Overall: Shaquem Griffin, UCF QB: Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma RB: Akrum Wadley, Iowa TE/WR: James Washington, OSU OL: Isaiah Wynn, Georgia DL: Justin Jones, NCState LB: Kemoko Turay, Rutgers DB: M.J. Stewart, No. Carolina K/P: Daniel Carlson, Auburn

and there's this!

SportsCenterVerified account @SportsCenter
FollowFollow @SportsCenter
More

Heisman Trophy QB Baker Mayfield will play in today's Senior Bowl, though it may just be for as little as one series.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22228393/oklahoma-sooners-qb-baker-mayfield-play-senior-bowl?sf180453023=1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....anybody have an interest in the Lauletta kid from Richmond as a later draft pick?.................

I read that he could be a target for the Pats in the mid rounds based on comparisons to Jimmy G as well as the fact that he was one of the top lacrosse players in the country and Belichick is a huge lacrosse fan.  As per some Richmond Spiders fans on this forum, they didn't think he had what it took to be an NFL QB.  He does check a lot of the boxes on what you are looking for though.  He hasn't done anything to stand out at the sernior bowl practices however.  He is lost in the shuffle among Allen with his fastball, Mayfield with his leadership, Falk with his nice touch, and White as the sleeper pick.  I haven't heard anything about Kyle all week to be honest

22 hours ago, kdiggz said:

I didn't realize Mayfield had left. He's not playing in the game. He's going back to Texas to be with his mom who is or was in the hospital. Falk left too to go to his teammate's funeral. So I guess it's Allen vs White

Mayfield is there and will play 

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I read that he could be a target for the Pats in the mid rounds based on comparisons to Jimmy G as well as the fact that he was one of the top lacrosse players in the country and Belichick is a huge lacrosse fan.  As per some Richmond Spiders fans on this forum, they didn't think he had what it took to be an NFL QB.  He does check a lot of the boxes on what you are looking for though.  He hasn't done anything to stand out at the sernior bowl practices however.  He is lost in the shuffle among Allen with his fastball, Mayfield with his leadership, Falk with his nice touch, and White as the sleeper pick.  I haven't heard anything about Kyle all week to be honest

...ironically I did read some positives about the kid from those covering Senior Bowl practices......it's the only reason his name came to mind because I don't get to see college ball.....

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think Falk makes a great coach some day.

Or better

I don't know, Baker is pretty shifty and makes a ton of throws on the run, I'd say he is just as good as Wilson in this area.

Baker made a ton of plays in college on the run. But the NFL is a different animal

i would assume his 40, 3 cone, 20 yard shuffle and 60 yard shuffle will all be worse than Wilson

He can throw on the run great but hes not as explosive as TT or Wilson as an athlete. Not that that's bad because those 2 are 2 of the most athletic QBs in the league 

Really liking White and Davenport.  That RB Ballage is a load, runs really hard.  Not sure how fast he is.

Just now, Steptide said:

Mike white looks like jp losman #2

Don't know what game you're watching.  White looks like he knows what he's doing, including getting ball away quickly and accurately finding open receivers.

6 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Really liking White and Davenport.  That RB Ballage is a load, runs really hard.  Not sure how fast he is.

Don't know what game you're watching.  White looks like he knows what he's doing, including getting ball away quickly and accurately finding open receivers.

6 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

I was half serious. White has a nice deep ball like losman did 

I like McCray at Linebacker.  Good size, range and instincts.  I also like what I see from the Rutgers DE.  Not sure of his name but the burst and first step is what you want to see out of pass rushers.  Has a natural bend, duck and under.  Raw player but I like the speed and explosiveness.  Reminds me of Leonard Floyd a little.

Edited by NewEraBills

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

The Allen hype really is puzzling. 

Not looking too accurate. He got defensive when people questioned his accuracy earlier this week. Time to out your money where your mouth is, kid.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

The Allen hype really is puzzling. 

Not looking too accurate. He got defensive when people questioned his accuracy earlier this week. Time to out your money where your mouth is, kid.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Thought for the Penny.  Looks damned good. 

Hes definitely intriguing. Watching his film, he looks a bit stiff to me; definitely has that upright kind of running style in the very least. And given his pass blocking woes, he probably isn’t the 3rd down back that I hope Buffalo is searching for.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Thought for the Penny.  Looks damned good. 

Yeah....looks like he could be an interesting guy to keep an eye on.  I'm wondering what he will run, though.  Doesn't look like a blazer by any means, but looks to have good vision.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.