2018 Senior Bowl

YoloinOhio

And we saw how well that has worked out. Past top performers at the senior bowl include Zay Jones, Nate Peterman, Dion Dawkins, John Miller, Reggie Ragland, and Adolphus Washington. EJ Manuel had a good senior bowl too once upon a time. Hopefully the scouts sit this one out

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Given McD’s draft choices last year I think the Bills scouts will have a microscope on this roster

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Even though he is smaller, he reminds me of Aaron Donald with his quick twitch ability to burst through the line in a second.  Put him next to a fat boy and like they did in Carolina with Kawonn Short and Star Lotulelei.

Yep, good comparison. Interestingly, when Donald came out I saw a lot of “Kyle Williams 2.0” labels ... he’s been better but that’s the type of player. I agree with putting a big Dareus replacement next to him, possibly in FA. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Even though he is smaller, he reminds me of Aaron Donald with his quick twitch ability to burst through the line in a second.  Put him next to a fat boy and like they did in Carolina with Kawonn Short and Star Lotulelei.

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep, good comparison. Interestingly, when Donald came out I saw a lot of “Kyle Williams 2.0” labels ... he’s been better but that’s the type of player. I agree with putting a big Dareus replacement next to him, possibly in FA. 

Star Lotuleilei is a free agent.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Star Lotuleilei is a free agent.

I think Star will be the target but Donari Poe and Haloti Ngata.  Poe might be the best option on the market but could be too expensive.  Ngata could be a backup plan if Star and Poe don't come here.  They could also look at Vita Vea in the draft who is an enormous human being haha with first to second round talent.  Should be interesting to see how they patch up the DT position 

2 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

I think Star will be the target but Donari Poe and Haloti Ngata.  Poe might be the best option on the market but could be too expensive.  Ngata could be a backup plan if Star and Poe don't come here.  They could also look at Vita Vea in the draft who is an enormous human being haha with first to second round talent.  Should be interesting to see how they patch up the DT position 

I think that McDermott will go after Star since he's worked with him before.

Poe would be nice, but he could cost too much. Ngata would be a decent back-up plan as a veteran for a 1-2 year signing.

Vita Vea & Maurice Hurst would be fine additions, and let's not forget about Christian Wilkins from Clemson.

46 minutes ago, row_33 said:

again, who the heck is the kid from StonyBrook?

i freakin already KNOW about guys who are captains for Michigan or tOSU or Southern Cal

LT, 1st team all CAA. I’ve seen him listed as a top 5 OT in the draft. Very intriguing to see the small school guys line up against the guys from the schools like you mentioned at the Sr Bowl, since their game film won’t show that level of competition. 

Btw where is Blokes these days? He always knows everything about every draft prospect...

Edited by YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

LT, 1st team all CAA. I’ve seen him listed as a top 5 OT in the draft. Very intriguing to see the small school guys line up against the guys from the schools like you mentioned at the Sr Bowl, since their game film won’t show that level of competition. 

Btw where is Blokes these days? He always knows everything about every draft prospect...

I like Timon Parris.  Mobile enough and pushes with heavy hand.  I like his aggression in his blocks, gives defenders a little extra now and then and I like it.  He has nice footwork too.  He gets low enough for his center of gravity not to get overpowered.  I think he is a tackle in the NFL.  Even with his speed and ability to get to the next level, I think tackle is his likely spot.  However, I think they take Isaiah Wynn from Georgia.  He is really versatile but a little shorter.  Could play guard or center.  He is a second round option for Buffalo.

Edited by Buffalo30

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks!!!

Or should I just read how someone saw Michigan play once and that guy looked real good, so our team should draft him for sure?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.