2018 Senior Bowl

YoloinOhio

6 ft means he already has a lot to overcome in the NFL, but based on his college performance i think he can do it.  Even though it's small, it's good news.

Though the combine is and always has been the true measurement, so we'll see. 

33 minutes ago, Acantha said:

Might hurt his buzz, but I doubt it effects his draft position.  Senior Bowl seems to be a very minor factor in draft decisions.

Senior Bowl is a piece of the puzzle. Whether or not it’s minor depends on how these players respond during these week. Not much will be discovered in terms of physical ability, but how a player performs in interviews, interacts with teammates, assimilates new schemes, etc., can be determinative much of the time. 

I'm getting the feeling Mason Rudolph QB is the Bills 1st pick.  Seems similar to how they looked at Brady in the draft.  Dabol should be able to see the similarities, if they are there.  I'm obviously not a scout, but to me, there are similarities.  Thoughts?  Found the below on an old ign post:

Tom Brady Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.

Edited by PIZ

20 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I'm getting the feeling Mason Rudolph QB is the Bills 1st pick.  Seems similar to how they looked at Brady in the draft.  Dabol should be able to see the similarities, if they are there.  I'm obviously not a scout, but to me, there are similarities.  Thoughts?  Found the below on an old ign post:

Tom Brady Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.

Sounds more like Luke Falk to me Particularly the Negatives, namely Poor build, looking frail, lacks mobility.  That seems to describe Falk to a T just by looking at him.  But alas, we'll see how things go.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Watching Josh Allen right now and he's just awful. 

Reminds me of JP Losman in the way he throws the ball as hard as he can at hte target regardless of whether they're 35 yards away or 10 yards away.

He's in right now in the team drill and he's airmailing bullets all over the place. Same "area code accuracy" EJ had. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, wppete said:

He’s exactly Tyrod Tylors size.

TT is actually a little taller.

7 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

Mayock loves this kid cause he has a big time mean streak. Last guy he praised like that was Brandon Albert who turned into a pretty good pro. Maybe a good RT option on day 2.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don’t want to spend any more high picks on WR, but Washington is going to be a stud in the NFL.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He literally has no sense of touch.

when I was giving him a grade for his touch I gave him a 65/100 ... That is very very low and I might have been to generous 

....Jeff George had a howitzer and career wise fired nothing but blanks......

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Baker Mayfield is much better than Josh Allen and it's not even close.

Josh Allen should not be drafted before the fourth round. The talk of him going top 10 is pure lunacy. 

I don't care how far he can throw the ball. I don't care how fast he is. I don't care how much velocity he can get  throwing on the run. 

The guy has zero accuracy. He regularly misses routine throws. He is going to get NFL receivers killed going over the middle. 

Stay far, far away from this guy. Accuracy doesn't improve significantly once you get to the NFL, and this guy has some of the worst accuracy I've ever seen. 

Edited by jrober38

11 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Baker Mayfield is much better than Josh Allen and it's not even close.

Josh Allen should not be drafted before the fourth round. The talk of him going top 10 is pure lunacy. 

I don't care how far he can throw the ball. I don't care how fast he is. I don't care how much velocity he can get  throwing on the run. 

The guy has zero accuracy. He regularly misses routine throws. He is going to get NFL receivers killed going over the middle. 

Stay far, far away from this guy. Accuracy doesn't improve significantly once you get to the NFL, and this guy has some of the worst accuracy I've ever seen. 

I’m an Allen apologist because I think he has some amazing abilities and I think he is a great kid that has a lot of ability to improve - even in the accuracy department. But you are right, he shouldn’t be drafted early based on the QB he is right now. Unfortunately, he is going to be drafted early based on the QB he could be. And if he goes to a really bad team, it could end really bad for him. 

3 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I’m an Allen apologist because I think he has some amazing abilities and I think he is a great kid that has a lot of ability to improve - even in the accuracy department. But you are right, he shouldn’t be drafted early based on the QB he is right now. Unfortunately, he is going to be drafted early based on the QB he could be. And if he goes to a really bad team, it could end really bad for him. 

The NFL never learns.  No matter how big or athletic someone is, bad quarterbacks dont turn into good quarterbacks over time and no amount of sitting or coaching changes that.  Josh Allen is who Josh allen is, and thats a long shot project.   It will be a wasted pick if the Bills draft him in the 1st.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.