Tyrod to start vs Chiefs

YoloinOhio

39 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

The Saints had 17 first-half points to the Bills 3. The Jets had 10 points in the first half, to the Bills 7. 

You guys act like the game was already over before halftime, when each of those was well within reach. It wasn't until the second half when the defense started to get tired that things went south. 

In each of those games, the opposing team had the time of possession advantage. In fact, the Saints had double the time of possession. 

I'm not saying blame Tyrod for the defenses poor performance, but when people say "Tyrod didn't give up 47 points." I think that's a BS state because he was a major contributor to the Saints game. 

Let's see if I understand the current QB analysis. When Natty Pete stinks up the O, it's because the LINE sucks. When TT has a lousy performance behind that same line, it's because HE sucks. That about it?

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

You oversimplify the play to win notion.  Taylor is not a consistent winner.  IMO the job of the coach is to consistently win by improving the play of the team.  Tyrod has hit a ceiling and other teams have recognized it.

You completely miss the point.  He's the best on the current roster. End of story.  Obviously they should look to upgrade the position, but that's not happening this season. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You completely miss the point.  He's the best on the current roster. End of story.  Obviously they should look to upgrade the position, but that's not happening this season. 

Corollary:

If you start the best guy on the current roster, you risk the ability to get the upgrade at which point the whole process is screwed.

All this banter back and forth.....for the QB position alone it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out...you start Taylor cause he is far better option (if your not purposely tanking of course)...there are NO other options available...period.  But i stand behind what i always said,,,,,,,if this team does not do anything to fix the defence it does not matter...i will say it again....you can start Brady under centre this team will not win with this cast of misfits around him!

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

No coach is going to think in this manner.  Not reality. 

Well then that's a real shame. We had a legitimate shot at getting one of the better QBs in this draft and FINALLY fixing the position.

You'll know it's over if that doesn't happen in the 2018 draft and instead they take a DT because we just HAD to push to .500 this year.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

You oversimplify the play to win notion.  Taylor is not a consistent winner.  IMO the job of the coach is to consistently win by improving the play of the team.  Tyrod has hit a ceiling and other teams have recognized it.

Hasn't everyone recognized the fact that Tyrod has hit a ceiling? We witnessed this last season.  Tyrod is what he is, give him the 85 Bears or 2015 Denver D and he can get you into the playoffs and maybe more. This team is very devoid of talent and thus Tyrod can not elevate the team to anything more. 

41 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Peterman's next start will be 12/10 vs. Colts.

And he'll finish the season as the starter.

It could come at halftime of Pats game if TT plays like old TT. Or maybe even halftime of Chiefs game if TT has 10 yards and is 2 for12 w no first downs.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Well then that's a real shame. We had a legitimate shot at getting one of the better QBs in this draft and FINALLY fixing the position.

You'll know it's over if that doesn't happen in the 2018 draft and instead they take a DT because we just HAD to push to .500 this year.

The best college prospect isn't necessarily going to be the one selected highest.   It's been shown to be the case in many instances.   Beyond that, they have ammo to move up to get the guy they covet if needed.

The best college prospect isn't necessarily going to be the one selected highest.   It's been shown to be the case in many instances.   Beyond that, they have ammo to move up to get the guy they covet if needed.

Let's hope.

You gotta figure, Giants, Browns, Niners, Jets are all gonna have their greedy little fingers in that pie.

1 hour ago, jkirchofer said:

Makes me lose confidence in McDermott moving forward. I want a head coach that will stick with a decision. This season is already done with, spend the time evaluating instead of allowing Taylor to audition for other teams.

If Peterman doesnt put in an all time worst QB performance in NFL history he likely doesn't switch back...as it is he has little choice.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed.

Never understood the decision to begin with, considering the defense the real issue.

I totally agree. The time to bench Tyrod and see what you have in a fresh rookie is not while you're in the midst of a playoff race. That's just dumb. That being said, if we are mathematically eliminated, by all means put Peterman in and see what you have in him.

We were 5-4, in the 6th seed for the playoffs, and we bench our mobile QB who makes our O-line look somewhat competent for a rookie who doesn't have the mobility to work with our crappy line. Oh, and our defense is like a wet paper bag at this point.

But, yeah, lets continue to bench the QB who got us this far, stick in the Rookie who threw almost twice as many interceptions as Taylor has had all season, and see where it gets us for the remainder of 2017. /sarcasm

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I think this is an over simplification. he had a horrible game against the saints. the team as a whole did. the game against the jets he threw for 244 yards. the jets beat us on the ground. they rushed for 194 yds against the Bills' 64 yds. and the Bills lost 3 fumbles...

this team's defense is tragic. in their last 3 games the've allowed the opponent to score 34pts, 47pts, and 54pts.

TT should not have been benched without a clearly better replacement available. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Niiners have their guy in Jimmy G or so they believe. 

And apparently they're gonna hide him so that only they have a clue as to his worth. Or they don't want to get him hurt. Or CJ Beathard doesn't understand that his job is to go out and lose games so they'll have that 2nd overall pick to trade. Or all of the above.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

You don't have to stink anymore and be #1 to get your QB.   teams trade draft assets to move up all the time..  They can get whoever they want at QB, just gotta be willing to pay.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Its just that easy huh? Mind you about 7-8 teams in front of the Bills also need a QB and im sure will all glady just say, well buffalo needs a QB we shoud let them grab our guy instead of drafting him ourselves.

1 hour ago, jkirchofer said:

Makes me lose confidence in McDermott moving forward. I want a head coach that will stick with a decision. This season is already done with, spend the time evaluating instead of allowing Taylor to audition for other teams.

Bills do have a 3 day window to trade TT at start of league year in March 2018 so may be good if he plays better. Even if he does play better, but Bills still as expected lose to KC and NE next two, you then go into e v a l mode with Peterman and start him rest of way.

Edited by cba fan

Exactly what the NFL is not when it comes to QB prospects. 

I'll tell you what is certain:

Failure if you never make the attempt to get one in the draft.

How many QBs have the Bills in their history drafted and developed into greatness?

One? Maybe two?

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

How many QBs have the Bills in their history drafted and developed into greatness?

One? Maybe two?

That all changes in the '18 draft.  It better!

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Let's hope.

You gotta figure, Giants, Browns, Niners, Jets are all gonna have their greedy little fingers in that pie.

Cardinals

Broncos

Jets

Dolphins

Colts

Giants

Browns

49ers

Chargers???

All teams who could draft a QB and draft before the bills currently. 

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

One? Maybe two?

We wont develop any if we keep Dennison at OC and Castillo at OL coach.

That all changes in the '18 draft.  It better!

that's all im saying, they should be doing EVERYTHING this year to ensure they're in the to 5. top 8 at least.

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Cardinals

Broncos

Jets

Dolphins

Colts

Giants

Browns

49ers

Chargers???

All teams who could draft a QB and draft before the bills currently. 

EXACTLY why they need to lose out

What I'd like to see from Tyrod and the coaching staff: this is an absolute must-win if you want to keep those dwindling playoff hopes alive. And for Tyrod personally, that means this is probably his last chance to show us that "Tyrod unleashed" we were promised.

Throw caution to the wind. A running Tyrod is  good Tyrod.  You'd have to be nuts to think that even with a sputtering offense the Chiefs will put up less than 28 points on us. That means you've got to score. Go for it. You're playing for free agency too. 

1 hour ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I think he had too.  He almost certainly would have lost the team.  I think what took him so long was KC had to wait to prepare fully

Someone pointed out in another thread, the competitive advantage of this was minimal.  "OK boys, Taylor is the QB.  Keep him in the pocket and cover the WR for 3 seconds.  If by some chance McDermott does go with Peterman, just pressure the dude and catch what he throws ya.  We're good. (Now go eat a snack.)"

16 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Let's hope.

I would think after spending a high round pick to the Pats the 49ers might be a willing trade partner with us. 

If they were going to tank they should have done it at the beginning of the season. Not mid season in a playoff spot. Makes no sense to do so now. Either Taylor gets us to the playoffs or our draft position doesn't change all that much from where we are now. 

Edited by Scott7975

31 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Let me try this another way... the Bills offense is 24th in 3 and outs per drive. The Jags offense is 22nd in 3 and outs per drive. Why isn't the Jags D tired and giving up 30 to 40 ppg?

The reason is because their defense is good and the best in football right now at getting off the field on third down. Our defense is the worst at getting off the field on third down because they are bad. 

Shoot another smart measured post with actual stats to back it up. 

BTW if the Bills snuck into the playoffs and played the Jags, they'd have a shot......  But remember this is all about building for the future (2022 or 2025 I forget)......

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Weak and stupid decision.

Zero balls.

Yeah, I'd much prefer to see him completely ruin Peterman's career in addition to giving up on the team and season...

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

You do realize that the alternative floor is 5 interceptions in a half?

I'm shocked that people are seemingly against this decision.  Peterman was historically bad, and that's not hyperbole.  It's not good for him as a person or player to go back out there this week.

Edited by Hurricane Marv

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

that's all im saying, they should be doing EVERYTHING this year to ensure they're in the to 5. top 8 at least.

Unfortunelty Peterman was so bad they can't trot him back out there and say they are still trying to compete.

He could have sucked last week and still driven the tank but he was so inept they can't put him back out there.

The silver lining is that the rest of the team DGAS so the Bills still could lose out.

Just now, Commonsense said:

Unfortunelty Peterman was so bad they can't trot him back out there and say they are still trying to compete.

He could have sucked last week and still driven the tank but he was so inept they can't put him back out there.

The silver lining is that the rest of the team DGAS so the Bills still could lose out.

then they should balls up and say they're doing it for the future.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Weak and stupid decision.

Zero balls.

It's not only not stupid, it's the only decision. 

He tried another option, and it failed. Starting Peterman is, quite simply, illogical and bad PR at this point. Peterman is not ready, it would destroy his career, and if he played badly again there would be hell and no one would show up. 

12 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I want Josh Rosen. he only small chance we have at him is if the 49ers pass the browns for first overall, and then we trade both firsts, a 3rd this year and next to move up to # 1 to take him.